View Poll Results: Based on your experience with beta so far how likely are you buy this game for Ps4 ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 50.00%
  • No

3 18.75%
  • Un Decided

4 25.00%
  • Not on your life!

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: FFXIV: ARR PS4 Beta

FFXIV: ARR PS4 Beta

So far I have played to the level cap for the beta. While definitely not an MMO up to the standards of WoW, EQ, or GW 1&2, this is still an enjoyable game through the 1st 20 levels. I've never played this or FFXI on the PC, so this was my 1st experience with SquareEnix's MMO's. So far I'm in love with it, after the learning curve of playing with the controller, this game is beautiful. I would like to see some PvP, or Raid quality dungeons, but the little bit they gave us to try and test is awesome. Hopefully Phase 2 will extend the cap to 30 so I can go a little further. Gonna miss my Lancer when the character wipes come at the end of Phase 1.

Tell you what , I won't assume your a fanboy as long as you don't assume this game is not 4 me deal? I have played more types of games in lifetime and this is definitely not my 1st beta. Anytime I see a gamer go out of their way to defend a game, and still can't tell me what's so great about said game? I figure a Fanboy or at least a Fandender.

This is "generic" mmo at best so your welcome to it

So what's so enjoyable about doing the same 3 types of quests over and over again ? Oh before anybody says that's what MMO' s are. Is just another "delusional " gamer opion , i can't help that I can see this game for what it is. And that's nothing special unless your a diehard Final Fantasy Fan cause that's who this game is really for. But at least I can say I played the beta a few days , and I really tried keeping an "open mind" before making my mind up. Maybe if goes ftp who knows, but I know that better MMO's are coming so enjoy your game fanboys

So far this game is "generic" in terms of gameplay, all typical MMO other than it' a FF MMO not really getting how this game differs except than a "subscription fee"of $12.95 a month oh did Square Enix forget 2 mention that part? I know their is no PS pluss fee but it still requires you 2 pay $$$$$$
    Last edited by ZombieCoffin; 26th Feb 2014 at 02:39.

Hippy_Pickle u say your not a fanboy, but you go around and are "trolling" ppl's posts, do you work for Square Enix ?

Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle
    For everyone having log in issues, specifically trying to log in with current PC or PS3 ID's, then from what I've read you need a totally separate account for the Phase 1 of the beta test. When Phase 2 starts you can then import your current PC/PS3 characters etc (although apparently as far as the PS3 is concerned it may lock your profile to the PS4). All phase 1 character data will be getting wiped.
    That's right listen to the fanboy cause he/she knows everything and LOVES pointing it out to pretty much everybody cause Hippy_Pickle loves everything about FF14 so make sure you listen to Hippy_Pickle cause he is a part of the FF14 fanboy cult

It was fun but we are in Beta 1 yet right? but I did noticed that I lost some of my skills after I log off and come back on I'm not sure if that how the beta works or it was a bug? and just using two skills isn't fun at all but I can see myself playing this game in the future

In my history I did play TERA and paid for it for a bit then switched over to Aion then come here I have to say this game is alright but I think the Male humans need to be work on compared to the female humans maybe the male needs a new body shape? or maybe it's me or maybe it's my taste but so far the game is amazing some parts it's kind of hard some parts it's kind of easy that might need to be balanced a bit but this is the beta for PS4

Originally Posted by ZombieCoffin
    That's right listen to the fanboy cause he/she knows everything and LOVES pointing it out to pretty much everybody cause Hippy_Pickle loves everything about FF14 so make sure you listen to Hippy_Pickle cause he is a part of the FF14 fanboy cult
    No I don't work for SE, and you're the one trolling and causing problems here. Do you see anyone else trying to help people?? No, I'm a member of this community and try to help people but all your negative, flaming posts calling people names are not helping anyone and is just feeding your own ego. You just quoted me giving help and advise to other members of the community and you think that is trolling?
    Last edited by Hippy_Pickle; 26th Feb 2014 at 09:25.

Hey guys I would like to add to this discussion that I have been able to increase all windows and text in the game to a readable size, apart from npc chat bubble. To increase the size of a window that pops up simply click r3 while they are up on the screen. I found increasing the size to max 140% works fine. But like I say the speech bubbles when talking to npc's can't be enlarged in this way.

Hippy_Pickle u say your not a fanboy, but you go around and are "trolling" ppl's posts, do you work for Square Enix ?
    ZombieCoffin, these kinds of responses are in violation of our Terms Of Use. Shape up, or you may see a not-so-lenient staff response next time.

Any response to this warning should be done via PM, according to said TOU.

Back on topic now, everyone.

FF A Realm Reborn PS4 (beta) hints and tips.

Hi everyone, I thought I would set this thread up for people like myself who had trouble with the game when first starting out. For many console gamers this might be they're first foray into the world of an mmo, so it can seem a little daunting when first starting out.
    So if you have any hints or tips to help other players please feel free to add your own no matter how obvious you think they may be.

1. To increase text size in the game try clicking r3 on everything as this will enlarge most windows and text in the game, I find if your on a big tv sitting more than 6 feet away go for 140% size.
    2. You can go into the main menu by pressing options button and go to hud, here you will be able to adjust the size and location on screen of your hud elements.
    3. To access your chat press once on the touchpad then use your d-pad to navigate around. From here you can adjust the size of the chat box and the chat text.
    4. To get access to the mini map press the touchpad twice then navigate around using the d-pad. From here you can zoom in and out.
    5. To get more info about current quests click the touchpad 3 times and navigate around using the d-pad and click the quest you want to interact with. And remember when these windows open click r3 multiple times to enlarge.
    6. The chat bubble with npc's cannot be enlarged, this is something that needs corrected.
    7. To target an enemy press X as you approach them, then click in L3 this wile enable you to stafe around the target while always facing them.
    8. Remember to repair your items and attire often as they deterrerote over time and after battles.

These are the only one's I can think of at the moment off the top of my head. Please feel free to add your own. If you have any problems with the game please post politely and try to be constructive, remember its a beta.

Hi Markh82, the problem with the speech bubble size has been reported over at the Lodestone forums and hopefully the dev's will look into resolving the issue either for phase 2 of the beta or the full release at least

Thanks for taking the time to post up some help tips for other PS4 users, from the sounds of it the touchpad clicks have replaced what the select button does currently on the PS3 version, as in it selects the active window etc.

Another thing you can do in the HUD options is if you have a keyboard connected you can hold the shift key while moving things around and it will 'snap to grid' so you can keep things lined up if you like things orderly like me

One of the greatest additions they made to a recent update is adding the 'Focus Target' option on the PS3 (was in PC version from the start but not PS3). If you press square when you have a target highlighted you can then select the focus target option which will put a copy of that targets HP bar etc on screen (position can be moved via HUD options). This is great for healing classes so you can see what a boss is casting etc while you have your party selected for heals.

I actually reassigned the 'lock on' function from L3 to R3 because I kept accidentally pushing it when trying to move out of AOE's which make you strafe and move slower, kept getting myself killed stupidly hahahaha

Alright I was wondering where my skills went to and they was knocked out of the hotbar not only that trying to get them back in seems kind of annoying I only got two skills that I was missing back on I'm almost very frustrated with this but the game is fun don't get me wrong I just wished editing the Hotbar was more easier but win I set the hotbar and log out and come back in and the hotbar is unset again that is not going to be fun for me at all

Upedate- I found out why my skills was being knocked out I wasn't logging out right I just closed the game not using the menu choice I just pushed the home and closed the game my bad so I tested it and closed it like you should and all my skills stayed so that one thing you got to look out for
    Last edited by Mizuki_Yun; 27th Feb 2014 at 18:12.

Trying to log into the PS4 beta. Click on having an existing Square Enix account. When I enter my User ID and Password, it says they are incorrect. This is the same User ID and password I used to get on this forum, so I'm not sure why it isn't working. I thought I read that I didn't need the one-time password. Is that incorrect?

Thanks for posting. Do you know if SE are aware of the size problem with the text inside the speech bubbles?

Hi Mizuki,

Not sure on the exact button on the PS4 version but on the PS3 if you have either L2 or R2 pressed and then also press the select button you can re-order the hotbars to your liking. I'm assuming it maybe the touchpad push on the PS4 maybe? You can also add commands back to the hotbar through the 'Actions and traits' menu, in here you can also add extra skills via the cross-class actions (where in certain skills from 1 class can be used on another).

Hi Pharis,

The username and password for these forums are not always the same as the required SE ID to log in to the game.
    You have to have created an account here - https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account
    You are correct that you don't need the one-time password, this is for users that either have the physical security token or the software app.

Yes this has been logged over at the official Developer forums 'The Lodestone', so hopefully they will resolve it for release.

I have the same problem logging in. While I would just create a new account through the PS4, my ID is already taken and as pharis81 will probably find out it's from using it here and migrating from the na.square-enix.com? Would linking this ID that I'm using on this forum to my playstation account from the profile section make matters worse? I hear it's impossible to unlink from your playstation account which may lock me out entirely. Why is this so bad? How bad of language can I use in my new square-enix ID? Because I want my experience here to shine through onto the next square-enix.com which has no affiliation with square-enix.com...

i wanna know will my stats from the beta carry over to the final game?

So how about that psi beta

OK so when this game was in beta for ps3 that's when I first played it. I didn't buy it but I did make an account. Fast forward a bit and the ps4 beta is going on. I go to the option where it says to use your existing SE account and it tells me it's invalid. I know I put it in correctly because I took a note of my user ID and password in my phone when I first made it. Why doesn't this work? I even tried to make a new account to try and play, and literally EVERY email address I have is invalid even the 2 emails that I just made to play this game. Funny thing is when this game was first in beta I had similar problems. Anyone else having these problems? Are there any solutions?

I finally got it working but haven't returned after the first day due to the TINY text from npcs make it hard on my eyes. I am not going to strain my eyes to play this game. Otherwise it's a very good game.

Yes, just like with any MMO you always wanna log out using the "Log Out" option on any MMO as so you don't potentially loose any character data. As for assigning abilities (or anything) to the hot bar you can just open up your menu, head over to "Character" and go down to the action list and move your cursor to highlight the action or item you wanna move to the hot bar. When you highlight what you wanna move you should see a little text around the icon that says "subcommands" with a square button next to it. Hit Square and a menu should pop up that lists a few options...one of which should be "Add to Hot bar" or something like it. Select that option and from there you should be able to add it to your hot bar by holding down L2 or R2 then pressing the button that you wanna add that ability/item to. Just about anything has that "subcommand" text, including emotes, so you can add just about anything to the hot bar. I hope this helps

As for my own personal feedback, I really enjoyed playing the beta. I didn't have a SE account prior to getting everything set up properly (it took me about 10 minutes to make a SE account to log in and finish going through the hoops) but I figured everything out without too much fuss...I play SWTOR and you have to make an origin account with that game so I'm no stranger to needing to make an account with the publisher of a game in order to play or test their product.

As for the game itself, the world was beautiful and the music was fantastic. Wouldn't expect any less from a FF game. I didn't have any trouble getting the main quest line going BUT the text size during the conversations is eye squinchingly too small. People playing on consoles most likely won't be playing on a 18 inch monitor so the font sizes really could stand to be increased a bit on ALL aspects of the game (but I won't complain if only the conversation font size is increased since the menu text isn't TOO bad). I also couldn't read the world map very well so it made it sometimes difficult to navigate and determine where I needed to go next, especially when a quest marker isn't/wasn't always readily available. Making the maps more legible would help tremendously during quest and map navigation.

As for gameplay, I absolutely loved the job system. I love how I'm not tied down to only playing as 1 type of character and being able to change classes on the fly is INCREDIBLY useful. Also adding in a "no action" grace period is also wise to help keep balance with combat. If you could instantly swap to a healer when low on HP and heal yourself then quickly switch back to an attacking form, it'd make the game too easy. The frame rate was also excellent. Hardly noticed any lag at all. I also never came across any bugs that halted my quest progress or caused my game to crash. I also really loved how I could explore most of Eorza before the PS4 versions release. Granted, I had to avoid monster fights since most of them were 20 levels above me, but it was still fun running around the land and just seeing how far I could go. And lastly, I really enjoyed the main quest line story....or at least, as much of it as I could play. I really hope I can acquire some of the armor the Legates wield...here's to hoping. All in all I really enjoyed giving the beta a shot. I'll definitely be grabbing the PS4 version when it comes out.

Also on a side note: I'm really sad I can't use my same character in the Phase 2 beta . All that work I put into leveling him and his other classes were for naught. Wish I would've researched this before hand lol.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last