Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: Character Questions and Concerns

FFXIV: Character Questions and Concerns

FFXIV: Character Questions and Concerns

Use this thread to discuss and help each other out with any character-related issues you might run into.
    ---

I know this isnt exactly the right forum for this but to be honest i cant get in to make a character FF14 crashes upon loading. I have played many games before that my computer does not meet the requirements for and it handled them fine. I play diablo 3, WoW, and I can even dual box at full graphics in Eve Online. I thought I would check out FF14 seeing how its price has come down sense it first played I got my account sorted out and then when I click play she just crashes at the start menue. Square enix needs to adjust the graphics drive for FF14 there should be no reason the game to crash at the start menue. Hell I have even run Unreal 2004 on a computer that was in all sense of the word falling apart at the seems flooded with viruses by its previous owner and that game was seriously heavy on the gc as many of its maps were player created in high detail. I am a Final Fantasy fan and love playing the classic games and some of the new ones. But if FF14 is that heavy duty on the graphics i could see a large ousting of player base for those who cant afford a high end gaming computer. I would hope that square enix be able to adjust the gc requirements to allow more people to be able to experience the game. Again i know this isnt exactly the right forum for this but without a character created I cant post in the FF14 forum.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 20th May 2014 at 07:20.

Hmm thought my gc was better then what it was she only running Intel HD. Still weird I can play many games beyond her specs gues I will have to hold off a few years till i can afford a better comp if the game still around then.

You may want to consult the knowledge base on Final Fantasy XIV here: support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.ph...

I believe that pertains to your current problem of crashing on launch.

If you need further assistance, there are resources here you can use to contact Square Enix's Customer Service.

Hope that helps and that you can play FFXIV soon!

Interesting thing is if i set the graphics down to lowest quality it crashes upon startup but if i have it set to standard i can get all the way to the menue. Im grabbing the benchmark to see what it rates my gc at i know windows 7 puts me at a 5.2 out of 7.4 for gaming graphics. Its just weird that I can play every other game i have tried. To some extent i could model on this computer as well. Hmm well this is odd i must have something on the comp thats messing with the game itself even the benchmark tool does not work it crashes as well. I know shes a laptop her id is Satelite L655-S5146. I actually got her cheap cause someone changed the password on the blue ray display one and they refused to sell it sadly they trashed that comp to their policy so they gave me the next best one they had for the sale price of the blue ray one.

I been reading around and I have found a disturbing trend of a great number of people complaining about laptops/destops unable to play ff14 despite meeting the minimum or exceeding the max requirements for the game: Some have said laptops are not great for gaming but I have found them to be excelent except for when one wants to dual box then it becoms work. It is disturbing to read those as an mmo should never be that heavy. I have read some where people even say that they have had to wait ten minutes for npcs to fully load.

Yoshi P said that you will be able to play with you same guy on both the ps3 and on pc
    so im wondering..
    If i buy a subscription for on my pc will i have to have to same account for on ps3 or will say.. I be able to play with my guy on my pc and my little brother be able to play with his guy on the ps3 having a dif. account? or will he have to buy a subscription also?

Originally Posted by imported_Brandon
    Yoshi P said that you will be able to play with you same guy on both the ps3 and on pc
    so im wondering..
    If i buy a subscription for on my pc will i have to have to same account for on ps3 or will say.. I be able to play with my guy on my pc and my little brother be able to play with his guy on the ps3 having a dif. account? or will he have to buy a subscription also?
    the ps3 version will have a log in screen just like the PC version. You can play on your account on your PS3 if you want. Now when your brother wants to play all he'd have to do is log in using his own account.

so theres no need for more than one membership per household? how certian is this?

and thanks, happy holidays!

What you have is an account for pc. When you buy the ps3 version you have a choice: you can either link your ps3 version to your pc account and play using the same person you have been. Or if you both want to play at the same time with the ps3 version your brother will need to make a new account and subscription.

So if you want to play at the same time you will need 2 subscriptionsand 2 accounts. You can only have one person playing on each account.

If you want to have 2 characters and take turns playing you can use one account with 2 made characters on it.

Just a quick question.

I haven't found yet a place where is stated so I would like to ask here. I bought collectors and played until march, 2011 or so... my question is ... that character that I worked on, would be available on FFXIV: ARR ? I played until I couldn't handle all the work that required XIV at that time but recently I tried BETA and I liked what I looked, so I just wanted to know if I could play with that character and not start from 0 again, thank you all for your answers...

Yes you will keep your character but I shall also add you are also able to rename your character and recreate it while still keeping your items/level/etc. You are also able to transfer to new servers base on where you live. However since you're a LEGACY member, you can only transfer THAT character to Legacy servers and not the new servers since Yoshida Naoki (Producer and Director) doesn't want the Legacy players to destroy the economy of other servers. So whoever joins those servers start from scratch.

The legacy servers in NA are:
    Balmung
    Excalibur
    Hyperion
    Sargatanas

The Legacy servers in EU is:
    Ragnarok

The Legacy servers in JP are:
    Aegis
    Durandal
    Gungnir
    Masamune
    Ridill

This way you won't miss out on the whole experience of FFXIV: ARR. If you like, you can still leave your character in the legacy server and make a new one on the new servers. Named after the monsters in Final Fantasy. However, the coolest one (Bahamut) is in Japan. :/

The coolest name server in NA is probably Behemoth and Gilgamesh . I'm planning to join Behemoth.. but tempted to join Gilgamesh.

maaaaaaaan you made my day!! thank you

Originally Posted by Saha
    Yes you will keep your character but I shall also add you are also able to rename your character and recreate it while still keeping your items/level/etc. You are also able to transfer to new servers base on where you live. However since you're a LEGACY member, you can only transfer THAT character to Legacy servers and not the new servers since Yoshida Naoki (Producer and Director) doesn't want the Legacy players to destroy the economy of other servers. So whoever joins those servers start from scratch.

Balmung
    Excalibur
    Hyperion
    Sargatanas

Ragnarok

Aegis
    Durandal
    Gungnir
    Masamune
    Ridill

This way you won't miss out on the whole experience of FFXIV: ARR. If you like, you can still leave your character in the legacy server and make a new one on the new servers. Named after the monsters in Final Fantasy. However, the coolest one (Bahamut) is in Japan. :/

The coolest name server in NA is probably Behemoth and Gilgamesh . I'm planning to join Behemoth.. but tempted to join Gilgamesh.
    but didnt legacy players were the ones that played the last 90 days of the game?

Originally Posted by chaneke
    Originally Posted by Saha

Balmung
    Excalibur
    Hyperion
    Sargatanas

Ragnarok

Aegis
    Durandal
    Gungnir
    Masamune
    Ridill

but didnt legacy players were the ones that played the last 90 days of the game?

I believe if you have made a character in the Legacy servers, you can't transfer to the new servers regardless if you're a true legacy member or not. However, I'm just posting more just in case others are reading. If you are a new player but want to move to a legacy server because of friends/family/guildies. You can move to a Legacy server regardless if you're a legacy member or not.

Gilgamesh seems to be the most popular new server in FFXIVARR but that's based off this site: xivpads.com/?WorldTransferDirectory

thank you very much!

I played and leveled to cap on 1.0. Now my login tells me no characters on the lodestone and on here no games registered.

I tried to register my original registration code, and it says it's invalid.

What's the deal there.

Please tell me I don't have to buy this game again.

Avery

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" class="decorationTable4">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="td07">There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character.</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

I am having the same Issue. My guess is it wont show up until June 14th or at least thats what I am Hoping.

I think they let out a notice about this. All FFXIV accounts were on hold until the launch or unable to register after a certain data....something along those likes I think.

Thank you for the replies, I guess I was just panicking

same happening here. also i go into the SE secure login and it shows my game history of ff11,14,etc yet this website says i have no registered games. is this the same issue?

so only for 1.0? i mean for the ps3 version?

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, please help if you find a solution! I've been trying for hours now

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, please help if you find a solution! I've been trying for hours now

Uhm, just saying just in case you want to keep your account. You can't distribute information outside of Beta.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last