Thread: FFXIV: Character Questions and Concerns

FFXIV: Character Questions and Concerns

So everyone is having this problem then? Is Square at least trying to fix it?

Same issue here. Not sure if there is a fix but reading through numerous posts on the web in which people have been stuck for the entire day without being able to play.

last time they fix this problem realy fast but now....

Well.. same problem here, no answers.

I'm having the same problem.

Posted on the Launcher for the game:

2013/08/17 23:33 Certain Worlds Login Difficulties (Aug. 17)
    We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein some cases players are unable to log into certain Worlds in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
    From Aug. 17, 2013 9:17 p.m. (PDT)

[Details]
    Unable to log into certain Worlds in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

[Affected Service]
    -Moogle World
    -Odin World
    -Shiva World
    -Cerberus World
    -Faerie World
    -Coeurl World
    -Exodus World
    -Diabolos World
    -Adamantoise World
    -Ultros World
    -Midgardsormr World
    -Malboro World
    -Goblin World
    -Cactuar World
    -Gilgamesh World
    -Leviathan World
    -Behemoth World
    -Balmung World
    -Ragnarok World
    -Sargatanas World
    -Excalibur World
    -Hyperion World

Created a new character. Both times LOGGED OUT per Square-Enix recommendations.

Now I can't log in (says I'm still logged in). Attempts to fix the issue:

* shut down system for two minutes (no network activity).
    * changed to second character
    * created a NEW character
    * created a new character on Faerie (new world) - unable to get into the lobby (whatever that means) - nor was that character saved (BIG BUG).

So, net result, is after over an hour I have yet to get back to my character.

--- off topic ---

The idea that the user should have to pick the server is, hopefully, limited only to the beta. As a normal product (I'm looking at LBP as an example) I shouldn't have to decide which "world" (server) in order to play with my friends - it should be automatic with servers doing appropriate load balancing.

I'm going through the same problem. I was playing the game like normal and while I was transitioning/loading from one scene to another the servers went down. About an hour later and I can't log back in.

cant log in either :/ saying im still in game after i got disconnected

Yes me too I am very sad

yeah i was in Limsa doing a quest mission thing and it was the investigate the Gratto i think and once i finished the battle it kicked me and then i went to log in and it said i am and i need to wait till i logged out to log back in -_- so pissed off right now

same here RIGHT after i beat the Gratto mission quest thing in Limsa

Same here. Got booted off game when worlds went down, now cant get back in due to this "already logged in" error.

Funny part is, I couldn't log into my other character on a different world, who hasnt even been used today.... same error.

Error 3102 . Can't log in

I suppose it doesn't matter which server you're trying to log onto if it thinks you're already online. It wouldn't let you on 2 characters at a time normally.

well i suppose this is a good thing.. 1. we find out this problem before we give square enix our creditcard subscription. 2. for those who preorder through stores like gamestop we can put our money to something else. 3. We know before hand how the service will be like once the game is live and if they have a massive system failure.

Just got this problem too. Got booted and can't get back in. Seems like the server I was on is on a list of ones being investigated as of now though.

You're giving up on the game because they're having a problem with the beta test? You DO realize that the point of a beta test is for them to test out their game, not so people can have a free demo of what the game will be like. If you're expecting a beta test to not have any problems, your hopes are way too high :P

I just make another char on Jap servers and play

Originally Posted by Krein81
    I just make another char on Jap servers and play
    That's actually a very good idea. XD

This sucks...I was really hoping to play with my friends (who are now online, I believe they are on PC) and I've had error 3102 for a couple of hours...

I am also having this problem! i tried making a character on the same server but i still get this error of still "being logged in" after the crash

Originally Posted by Spookzira
    This sucks...I was really hoping to play with my friends (who are now online, I believe they are on PC) and I've had error 3102 for a couple of hours...
    I'm on PC and I'm getting the same problem, even went as far as to download the PS3 and try there but same issue. Doesn't seem to matter what system you play on, the server and the issue connecting to it remain the same

Also why would not get this game on PC it loads faster, looks WAY better, and is cheaper. Hope it makes it to steam, Like using my steam wallet for my game purchases and such

Page 3 of 15 First First 123456713 ... Last