Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415

Thread: FFXIV: Character Questions and Concerns

FFXIV: Character Questions and Concerns

Rolleyes FF XIV - Stuck on Choosing Main Character in Lodestone Community Forums

I've recently created my forum account in the Lodestone Community Forums area, and am unable to get past the character selection section in my profile. What happens is that I click the character I want, the box turns red, then I click 'Save Changes'. The page only refreshes as though I never chose my character yet. Apparently "You cannot use the forum service until the main character is selected" so I am at a loss and am unable to access the forums. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you clicking the silver star top left of the character's image to turn it gold? This UI is one of the most crass SE have done, and that's saying something, you need to click the star not just the image.

Is that all? I can't believe it was something so simple as that. Thanks a lot. ^^

I think that's likely to be your problem, it's fooled many, many people .. me included.

Exclamation BANNED from all servers for creating characters!

I created a few randomized characters just to save the names I wanted. I spend a lot of time in character creation and so I just wanted to save their names. I then convinced my friends on Skype to watch me level through "share screen." When I shared my screen....I went back and deleted one of the characters I had saved to create the character/class I actually wanted to play. However, when I finished the character creation process it said something along the lines of I'm being punished for creating too many characters and cannot create another character. I assumed this was just because it was a large populated server and then went to all the other servers to try to create a character...yet it would not let me. My friends had a few choice words to say about a game punishing you for creating too many characters and then ended the Skype call. How long does this ban from character creation last? Can I still get a refund for the game if I'm unable to create characters for it?

There is a restriction in place that only allows you to create so many characters within a 24hr period, this was implimented to combat Gil sellers that were creating a lot of new characters to spam their adverts. Without looking up the information I think it's 8 toons in a 24hr period, so if you wait you will be able to create another soon.

how do i find my beta toon

i cant find my old beta toon how can i import it? also i just got the game but i played in the beta

Originally Posted by novastar12
    i cant find my old beta toon how can i import it? also i just got the game but i played in the beta
    As far as I know only beta data from phase 4 of the test was carried over, anything prior to that was wiped and you would have to start a new toon.

FF14 chareacter creation problem

`I checked my mog account and it says that I have a free trial. Went to go create my new first character and anything that I put in it always comes up as saying no resluts yeilded. What am I doing wrong?
    Please help

Originally Posted by Artume
    `I checked my mog account and it says that I have a free trial. Went to go create my new first character and anything that I put in it always comes up as saying no resluts yeilded. What am I doing wrong?
    Please help
    Are you trying to create a character on the Mogstation or on the actual game?

Question Can I create multiple characters in different data centers and worlds free?

I ask because my friend has the game but hes not on and I dont know what world he picked and dont want to make a character yet if i'm going to have to pay to make another to pick the world hes in when I find out because I remember they charged to make more than 1 in ffxi.

Hi Frankiebeans,

If you've taken the standard subscription then you can make up to 8 characters per server on up to 8 servers for no additional charge. FFXI charges extra per character but FFXIV covers it in the subscription. If you have Entry subscription then its 1 character per server on up to 8 servers.

You can also check this website to see if new character registration is currently restricted:

Time in PDT - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...06d0909189e479
    Time in GMT - http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...23e07acb3d22f6

CHARACTER SAVED ON SERVER

Greetings fellow adventurers,

I was wondering how long your character(s) are saved on the servers when you decide to take a longer break from the game?
    By longer I mean at least 6 months r something.

I do apologize if this tread already exists, but I didn’t find it.

Kind regards
    Kenneth

So far as I know there isn't a time limit on character data, I'll do some research but I think you'll be fine having a few months off if needed

alright Thanks mate! :-)

Any luck on the topic yet?
    IGN:Jun Lao - SERVER:Odin - FREE COMPANY:TDR

As far as I can find out there isn't a time limit on character data. Considering version 1.0 players still had their characters after couple of years then I think it's safe to say you can safely take a few months off if needed and your Toon will be there waiting for you when you get back

Get Character onto Second Computer

I just downloaded FFXIV on a second computer but it does not contain my character. Does anyone know how to get it to show up?

Originally Posted by TeknicalXtacy
    I just downloaded FFXIV on a second computer but it does not contain my character. Does anyone know how to get it to show up?
    By logging in with your existing SE ID and password it should be there, but things like your HUD setup and saved gearsets will not be as these are stored locally but you can transfer the data file.

Question My name, can I change it?

When I was creating my character's name I had a problem where my first choice was unavailable or something so I decided to go with a different name altogether. I changed the First name and accidentally got stuck with the previous Surname and now my characters full name doesn't even make sense and sounds ridiculous! Is there a way that we can change our names? If not, then when can we expect to this feature to be patched into the game?

PC and PS4 version?

I play right now on my PC. If I get the PS4 version will I be playing using the same toon I created on the PC?

Originally Posted by wkramer11050
    I play right now on my PC. If I get the PS4 version will I be playing using the same toon I created on the PC?
    You character details are stored on the servers so if you purchase the game on a different platform your characters will be there to choose from.

Ok I am so confused where do you make your character I think it's in the mog station somewhere but I am so confused they make this game so complicated.

Originally Posted by Rapidash620
    Ok I am so confused where do you make your character I think it's in the mog station somewhere but I am so confused they make this game so complicated.
    You make your character when you load up the game, not sure why you're getting confused, the first time you play you select new game and then create the character there and choose the server.

Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415