Thread: Were Is The New Patch At Guys!?!?!??!

Were Is The New Patch At Guys!?!?!??!

Were Is The New Patch At Guys!?!?!??!

GEEZZ!!! GREAT game(call me crazy but i like it better than the first!), but, HORRIBLE STABILITY! wowzers i tried all the danm tweaks (which did wonders for performance/graphics) but danm these crashes!! every freaking time i try to load to one of the areas in cairo it crashes! I did the windows 2000 tweak, i did the resolution tweaking method, i tried everything! I say its time that ion storm stops making its customers tweak the game to try and do there jobs, but, they get off there @$$ and make a patch to address all these performence/graphics/crashes errors!!!!

PS. (ion storm should hunt down the programmers that worked on max payne 2, bf1942 becuase they are THE most bug-free-reliable-games EVER!!!)

i agree where the patch huh?

i seen all the ending but the jc one. i like the illuma what ever ebding cause it was in the future, the omar was like the end of the world and the temp what ever was the medieval age and i HATE those old days where there is no technolory around.

i tried to load my save game to see the jc ending and the damn game went to the desktop noooooooooooooooo. im gonna wait for the patch and play all over again since i deleted some file in the save that had all these numbers and letters for the folder.

I don't think a patch is coming out this month, more likely next year. I gather they are either all on holidays or really really working really hard on it. I doubt the last one though. My only question right now is how the hell did the beta tester miss all these problems. Was it even beta tested? You can't tell me that (say...) 50 tester tested the program and they all miss these problems. How is that possible? and also wouldn't it be easier to port from PC->console?

My opinion....

In a recent interview Warren Spector said we weren't judge the game till the patch was installed. Hah that was like days ago and where is the patch?

Grey Mouser Guest
    Originally posted by CoTANG
    My only question right now is how the hell did the beta tester miss all these problems. Was it even beta tested? You can't tell me that (say...) 50 tester tested the program and they all miss these problems.
    (scans bug database)

Ummm...we didn't.

Originally posted by Pooeypants
    In a recent interview Warren Spector said we weren't judge the game till the patch was installed. Hah that was like days ago and where is the patch?
    (sighs)

Going through final testing to make sure it does not break anything and fixes what we think it fixes. This takes some time. Check tonight, eh?

the info didnt mention anything about fixing the random freezing problem. this is the only problem i have with the game.

The patchlog doesn't neccessarily cover every change made - would be terribly inefficient if the devs made a large amount of minor changes to have to document every single last one.

Originally posted by DXman
    the info didnt mention anything about fixing the random freezing problem. this is the only problem i have with the game.
    May as well report it:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=29893

Just remember to provide as much relevant information as possible. Driver versions are always useful.

I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! right when i changed the compatibility from the windows 2000 to my new experimental setting windows 98/ME it worked great!!