Thread: Loads of questions!

Loads of questions!

Fruitbat Guest

Loads of questions!

Very handy forum, just solved my mouse lag problem. I’m now running at 1280X1024 at what I’m guessing is about 20-30 fps. That’s with bloom and 4X Multisampling. Only problem is, every time I restart the game, I have to re-apply the settings, is that right? Is there a way to make the changes permanent by editing an ini file?

Also, I don’t get the option to go above 1280X1024, is that right? I saw people in other posts talking about 1600X1200? Is there a patch out?

Just out of curiosity, how do I find out what fps I’m getting? I know it was stat fps on dx1 but I’m guessing it’s changed!

Any word on a Multiplayer patch?? I LOVED DXMP! DX2MP would be amazing! I've just been looking through some of the ini files and i can see some game server addresses in there.

This bit caught my eye:
    ";ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900"

Looks very similar to ini files in DX1 ( after installing the MP patch! )

I’m running it on;
    AMD XP3000 333fsb 512 L2 cache. ( w. Coolermaster Aero 7 )
    MSI GF FX5900 Ultra ( 45.23 drivers, latest ones screw up tv out! )
    1 Gig Kingmax turbo 3200 DDR400 Ram
    NF7-S Mobo with 5.1 Dolby onboard!

Just wondering, anyone else got a similar setup, if so, what’s it run like?

Input very welcome, lol!

Cheers guys!

Shanar_D Guest
    Check and make sure your user.ini file is not read only, it will be in a DXIW Directory under My Documents.

Oh and I would sell a testicle to be able to play in 1280 x 1024. That's how mine is running :>

JesusBlacklock Guest

Resolutions

The screen resolutions are stored in the saved game files, not in a global ini file. So all you have to do is load your game for the resolution settings to take effect.

Shanar_D Guest

Re: Resolutions

Originally posted by JesusBlacklock
    The screen resolutions are stored in the saved game files, not in a global ini file. So all you have to do is load your game for the resolution settings to take effect.
    yes but your defaults should be stored in your user.ini So if your getting reset back then that should be checked as well.

But yes your saved game should contain that info as well.. Dunno what is wrong.