Thread: Vid Card ?

Vid Card ?

jpr99 Guest

Vid Card ?

I know there has been lots of talk about the vid card that you can use for D ex2. I'm one of many that have a MX card and this gives me a good excuse to shell out some cash for a new one. I noticed in a post that the Nvidia FX series does have Pixel shading which is the cause of the problems.

So will the FX 5200 work with this game?

Thanks

Shanar_D Guest
    The FX 5200 Will 'Work' but it's a pretty crappy card from all accounts I have heard.

Go 5600 or 5700, it'll cost you maybe $80 more tops to go 5600

This game engine is really shoddy so err sure you can run it with the FX5200, but does it have enough juice to pump out playable frame rates? I doubt it.

Jerms Guest
    After purchasing the game I ran into the same performance issues encountered by a number of other individuals on the forum. Despite a system which far exceeds the recommendations, and a Geforce 5600, I found myself becoming increasingly frustrated with the poor framerates I was getting.

After lots of tweaking and fooling with my system, I, in an act of desperation, installed a Geforce 5200 that I had lying around. To be honest the performance difference was minimal in IW, maybe a few fps at best.

As far as this game goes, I'm not certain that your hardware is going to be the determining factor as far as performance goes; it seems to almost be a 'luck of the draw' situation, and the game will either react well to your hardware, or very poorly; leaving you to complain here like the rest of us.

I think your assessment is about right, not sure wtf they did but I heard that the game needs fillrates and power greater than that can be supplied by 5900Ultra or 9800XT, ah well the hardware will catch up in a year or two. (When PCI express is released )

The 5200 is the MX of the current era. It's bought by people who don't know better, and who will regret their purchase in six months time.

Is 5200 about the same as 4200? I have Ti 4200 with 128MB of V. RAM and forced to play on 640x480. It runs OK on 800x600, but sometimes framerate drops signifficantly during heavy combat, so I prefer the lower resolution. Other then that, it runs very well.