View Poll Results: Would you buy a LoK Kart Racing game?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that would just be too much fun if done right.

19 48.72%
  • No, Nosgoth and it's history is sacred. I curse you for even mentioning it.

20 51.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legacy of Kain: Nosgoth Kart Racer Xtreme

Lightbulb Legacy of Kain: Nosgoth Kart Racer Xtreme

A Legacy of Kain Kart Racer.

I posted this in another thread but it may not be readily seen there. Would you buy it?

Cel-shaded, zooming around Nosgoth, capes flapping in the draft, TK powerups to drive over, steering with your left hand and weidling a reaver with the right and souls of past racers wondering haplessly around to drive into and absorb while Kain would simply exsanguinate nearby drivers.

Kain could mist through obstacles while Raziel would spectral shift to avoid them. Hidden paths discovered by TK Levitating your Kart to places or making it hover longer than nature intended after a jump. Sarafan and Demon racing teams out to get you and the EG tossing obstacles in your way at random from below.

I'd be first in line for this without a doubt. It would be glorious.

Ya know ya want it.
    http://www.hypnox.com/becky/thumbnai...cky2%20321.jpg "One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, somehow expecting a different outcome."

what kind of trickery is this!
    darn you!

Lightbulb

Watch your language, please. Thanks.

LMAO thinking of a fire demon in a teeny cart hurling fireballs at moebius...

Heheh, Mobius is near you and zaps you with his Septer and Raziel sucks the souls out of nearby drivers and they crash. Man that'd be great!

Raziel shifts to spectral and just races through some gates while Kain mists through them. Mobius slows down the race and then speeds past everyone.

Maybe you crash as Raziel and end up in the spectral realm and the track morphs as you try to stay on it.

Each characters powers are only temporary, perhaps you pick them up as glyphs and whatnot laying around the track and they are one time use.

See it just lends itself to a kart racer
    http://www.hypnox.com/becky/thumbnai...cky2%20321.jpg "One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, somehow expecting a different outcome."

This idea is awesome. I would so buy this game (only aqailable on Xbox, PS2 and PC) those consoles have nothing to battle against mario cart. or at least nothing in that genre of gaming that is decent.!!!!!!
    DW

Originally posted by DarkWraith
    those consoles have nothing to battle against mario cart. or at least nothing in that genre of gaming that is decent.!!!!!!
    DW
    I rather like [SIZE=2.5]Crash Team Racing[/SIZE] on the original PlayStation. I think that it's cool, and enjoyable. It's a great game to play at a party, or just with my two little bros.
    "The seeds of the future lie buried in the past."

Originally posted by DarkWraith
    This idea is awesome. I would so buy this game (only aqailable on Xbox, PS2 and PC) those consoles have nothing to battle against mario cart. or at least nothing in that genre of gaming that is decent.!!!!!!
    DW
    The more I think about a LoK Kart Racer the more I want it. A semi-horror Kart Racer would just be so much fun and I think it may have the potential to bring a lot of people that normally wouldn't be interested in LoK into the fray.

It would be a Kart Racer that's not too cutesy or vanilla.

Can't you just hear the taunts before the race? Kain going to Mobius at the starting line, "Free will is an illusion Mobius, just like your chance of winning."

Plus I picture them as full size normal character models in the karts, not cartoony characters. That alone would be hysterical.

OOH, and a story mode

Um yea prehaps but i rather have a new game in the normal series then a kart raceing game with just skins of kain and raz.

As stupid as that idea sounds, it gets funnier and funnier the more I think of it (and the more you describe it)

It would have to include Elzevir and Irmok. Elzevir could pull out a little voodoo doll of another racer, poke it with some pins and watch as he spins out and clutches his eyes in pain. Irmok could send a noxious gas cloud to slow down his opponents.

Ariel's chassis would be half-gone, of course. Mortanius's cart will be made entirely of bones and skin. Moebius can turn other racers into babies/old people temporarily. Vorador, of course, would drive a pimp-mobile.

Azimuth would have demons in her pit crew. Malek's cart has no engine or wheels, but moves just fine anyway.

Hahah yes exactly!

It'd be like Nosgoth Wacky Racers with a story mode. I'd be happy if it were a bonus game/mode you unlocked by collecting all x number of "bonus tokens" in the next game.

What's tragic (aside from my side loosing in the poll) is that to actually do something like this takes a lot of time and effort. Licensing an existing kart-type engine would be better but that takes money...money that CD/Eidos would feel safe they'd recoup in sales. The only way to ensure sales to pay for something like that would be to make "Nosgoth Xtreme Abyss Volleyball" but that is silly

Big Grin

Malek's cart has no engine or wheels, but moves just fine anyway.

-dude, I nearly spat out my Pepsi... oh my goodness that was too funny!-

Volleyball?!

BWAHAHAH!!! I votes yes!!

And thank you for inspiring me! ::grabs pencil and drawing pad and starts to sketsh:: This is gonna be GREAT!! ::malicious laughter::

Ooh. If you can, provide links to any drawings you do of it! I'd make a mock-up PS2 box from them -with your permission- just to see it on my shelf!

I'm beginning to really want this game heh.

Muuahahh XD

So far I've got Raziel siting on the back of a soul, using it's arms as "reins"... I might play with that one a bit.

But I'm quite content with Kain surfing on his Reaver. How does it fly? It runs on his everlasting ego! XD

You'll all have to wait till tomarrow when I get a hold of the scanner in my father's room, though.

Hahaha! I love it.

Ego meter, when it dips to zero Kain falls off. I was also thinking that maybe Raziel and Kain need to suck souls/blood to keep the fuel up and maybe their TK power is their power boost. They grab a TK glyph in the road and use it to puch or levitate themselves ahead of the pack or just to push Mobius off the road

Power-ups!

There MUST be a Squeeky Hammer power-up, I can just see Raziel swinging around a giant, pink, yellow starred hammer flattening the near-by racers with blood curdling squeeks...

And Kain has his tube XD

Ok, these are the sales figures of the top 10 games for November 2003.

Rank / Title / Console / Publisher
    1 / Mario Kart: Double Dash!! / GC / Nintendo
    2 / Medal of Honor Rising Sun / PS2 / EA
    3 / Final Fantasy X-2 / PS2 / Square Enix
    4 / Grand Theft Auto Double Pack / Xbox / Rockstar
    5 / SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals / PS2 / SCEA
    6 / Need for Speed Underground / PS2 / EA
    7 / Tony Hawk’s Underground / PS2 / Activision
    8 / True Crime: Streets of LA / PS2 / Activision
    9 / Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. / GBA / Nintendo
    10 / Madden NFL 2004 / PS2 / EA

Number one is a Kart Racer! Clearly CD would be missing out on making serious coin and a lot of kart racing/LoK fans happy if they didn't make a LoK kart racer.

Originally posted by W. Raider
    They grab a TK glyph in the road and use it to puch or levitate themselves ahead of the pack or just to push Mobius off the road
    Or you could get bonus points or whatever if you manage to run Moebius over when he crosses the street!
    [ www.anti-moebius.tk ] We Protect YOU from Manipulation!

Vehiculur Furutis Maximo anyone? :3

Hey, they already made toon-kain ^_^;;

Cool

ya that would be cool. seeing kain and raz getting a day of from walking would be funny. also knocking meobius of the road wuold be alot of fun.

This can be a good idea, and I suggest all the characters on it in SD design (or what we call "toon" model). Otherwise it will be a bit crappy if see the actual mode of LOK character appear in this kind of game...

Wink Squeeky Reaver!

In the next game, they should have a mini game spoof with the toon characters in a race game, provided they have the time. That would be a laugh!

Can you imagine the outtakes for that bit?

Re: Legacy of Kain: Nosgoth Kart Racer Xtreme

I wonder why nobody's considered taking the Vehiculum Furtus Maximo characters and skinning GTA:Vice City with it. Mm... Raziel answering a phone and being asked to "cap a mofo". Plus, you can have fun enemies! Sure it might be out of the ordinary, but why not have "Sarafan 'R us" stores and Cylon raiders?

Sig of W. Raider
    "One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, somehow expecting a different outcome."
    What? You mean like

Re: Re: Legacy of Kain: Nosgoth Kart Racer Xtreme

What? You mean like
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Heheh yes, exactly. Or the identical forge rooms. I don't think it mentions that about the water at all.

What CD should do is make LoK: NKRE and sell it for $19.95 and take all that cash and contract someone to make different forge rooms for the next game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast