Thread: Game Crashes at Arcology 107 (No spoilers)

Game Crashes at Arcology 107 (No spoilers)

Game Crashes at Arcology 107 (No spoilers)

I got to Cairo and went up to Arcology level 107. First, when I tried to load the zone, the game would crash half way through loading it. I reinstalled the game and was able to load the level. After that, I walked down level 107 and talked to someone, and a few seconds after starting the conversation, it crashed to desktop again, no errors, just a crash. I tried staying still at the beginning and waiting, with no crash. I tried talking to all other people in the room, and they made it crash too. It seems that starting any conversation, even triggering one with two people talking to each other and not you, causes this level to crash. I tried it on a different save with the same result.

I already went through the forums looking for help. I tried setting debug mode on to no avail. All of my missions revolve around the Arcology building. Am I now forced to wait for a patch before I can play Invisible War again? Please help.

RichardStockworth Guest
    Consider yourself lucky. I can't even get past the laboratory at the Tarsus Academy.

I guess I can go back and spend more time playing basketball until they release the patch.

Machine info

Guess some info about my machine might be useful:

AMD Athlon XP 2.1ghz
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
    Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2
    Windows XP Pro

*Bump*

Uninstall

I returned DX2 for a new copy to see if the CD was screwed up, but now I can't uninstall my old copy. The uninstaller does nothing, and I can't uninstall from the control panel either. If I try to reinstall using "modify" in the built-in installer, it just installs the Content folder into my Windows directory for some reason. It doesn't even install the System folder. Is there a way to uninstall the game manually, or do I have to reformat in order to play this f**king game?