Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: How to enable cheats???

How to enable cheats???

Question How to enable cheats???

I dont want to make this a flaming thread, but how do i enable the cheats??? It's just a pain not having enough multitools when you really need them!!! I tried configuring the default.ini where you have to change T__d=Talk, but it doesn't work.

I've found a list of what appears to be available commands in the DX2menu.ini file found in the game's System directory. Unfortunately, I have also had no luck in enabling the DebugMenu or getting ~ (which is supposedly hard-bound to the console) to work.

Try here http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=206212
    Its Ion Storm and about 22 pages but at the end "20 on" they show you a great way to turn on the debug mode..

-Open DX2UI.ini
    -Go to [DebugMenu] heading
    -Change "Active=" to:
    Active=ACTIVE

Thats what they tell us to do in the thread Blade linked to. I can't find Active= so I suppose we're supposed to add Active=ACTIVE in by hand.

Well, if you really want a cheat, for inventory, you can use the demotravel.log generator at:

http://www.deusexzone.info/generator/generator.php

to 'adjust' your current inventory, biomods, and cash.

Just go there, create a file the way you want (setting an inventory slot to multitool gives you 10 multitools in that slot), and place the file it downloads to you (demotravel.log) in the game's system directory. Now, make a copy of it called just 'travel.log'. The next time you load a save, change areas, etc, it will remove your current inventory/settings and replace with what you created in the file. It will then erase the travel.log file, so it is a one shot. Of course, you can make a new copy, if you like. demotravel.log is just a text file, so you can look in there to see what you might want to change. Cash, for instance, is limited in the generator to 10000, but, if you just edit the .log file to make that 100000, hey, rich Alex!

Originally posted by Skip Sanders
    Well, if you really want a cheat, for inventory, you can use the demotravel.log generator at:

http://www.deusexzone.info/generator/generator.php

to 'adjust' your current inventory, biomods, and cash.

Just go there, create a file the way you want (setting an inventory slot to multitool gives you 10 multitools in that slot), and place the file it downloads to you (demotravel.log) in the game's system directory. Now, make a copy of it called just 'travel.log'. The next time you load a save, change areas, etc, it will remove your current inventory/settings and replace with what you created in the file. It will then erase the travel.log file, so it is a one shot. Of course, you can make a new copy, if you like. demotravel.log is just a text file, so you can look in there to see what you might want to change. Cash, for instance, is limited in the generator to 10000, but, if you just edit the .log file to make that 100000, hey, rich Alex!

Is the log file for only the demo? I cant' find any log file.

i think i found the file its not called demotravel it is just called travel from what i found

i did get the debug mode up you do have to put in active=active or you can put active=true but i can't select anything and the debug windows stays up

I don't suppose you can edit that file to also increase the amount of biomods you can carry, can you?

I know it's a long shot, but hey it'd be worth it...
    "Tell me about the shipment and I'll order the troops to pick you up as a prisoner instead of a corpse!" - JC Denton.

i think i kind of understand how to enable the cheats i am not 100% sure on this though

there is a file in the deus ex invisible war system folder called DX2Menu it is basically a menu configuration file i think what you have to do is put the cheat you want in the debug string in the DX2UI.ini basically what i think you do is put what you want for example if you want god mode you would put

GOD ALL=GOD ALL

under the debug menu in dx2ui.ini. but i could be wrong

There is no .log file present initially, it's a 'hack' they included in the code to let them 'force' an inventory on you when starting a character, mostly for things like the demo. In the demo, it looks for demotravel.log, while in the live game, it looks for travel.log

If it's present in the game's system directory, it will overwrite your current inventory/biomods, and be erased, when you start a new character/load a save, etc.

Oh, yes, you can put yourself into 'god' mode without the debug menu easy enough.

Just look near the bottom of the default.ini file, for the entries about damage to you by the AI, from you TO the ai, and ammo, under the difficulty settings.

Change them like this, and you're deity for sure:

[Difficulty]
    ; AI Damage multiplier - damage AIs take from player
    Difficulty_AI_Damage_Easy__d=200.0
    Difficulty_AI_Damage_Normal__d=200.0
    Difficulty_AI_Damage_Hard__d=200.0
    Difficulty_AI_Damage_Real__d=200.0
    ;
    ; Player Damage multiplier - damage player takes from AIs
    Difficulty_Player_Damage_Easy__d=0.0
    Difficulty_Player_Damage_Normal__d=0.0
    Difficulty_Player_Damage_Hard__d=0.0
    Difficulty_Player_Damage_Real__d=0.0
    ;
    ; 1.0 = base accuracy, 0.0 = wild, 2.0 = as accurate as it gets (not 100% perfect)
    Difficulty_Accuracy_Easy__d=0.75
    Difficulty_Accuracy_Normal__d=1.0
    Difficulty_Accuracy_Hard__d=1.25
    Difficulty_Accuracy_Real__d=1.0
    ;
    ; Ammo multiplier for difficulty levels
    Difficulty_Ammo_Mult_Easy__d=1000.0
    Difficulty_Ammo_Mult_Normal__d=1000.0
    Difficulty_Ammo_Mult_Hard__d=1000.0
    Difficulty_Ammo_Mult_Real__d=1000.0

You can't give yourself more than the current max ammo, which is 300 'shots', but this means you will get FULL ammo from any clip you find, however much you'd fired off.

This, along with the ability to use travel.log to give yourself whatever inventory and mods you want, should be more than enough 'cheat' for anyone.

(leave ONE mod slot at level 2 or less, 'normal' mod, as you MUST use at least one mod canister to exit the Tarsus Academy at the start)

Originally posted by Skip Sanders
    There is no .log file present initially, it's a 'hack' they included in the code to let them 'force' an inventory on you when starting a character, mostly for things like the demo. In the demo, it looks for demotravel.log, while in the live game, it looks for travel.log

If it's present in the game's system directory, it will overwrite your current inventory/biomods, and be erased, when you start a new character/load a save, etc.
    Well it tried it and named it to travel.log and it worked. And you were right it deleted it. Thank guys

I don't know about you guys but it's not working with me. I plugged it in using this path.

C:\Program Files\Deus Ex - Invisible War\System

I loaded up my save and none of the items appeared and I was still the same .

Can anyone help please .

Well did you go http://www.deusexzone.info/generator/generator.php
    then save the file, then rename it to travel.log in the system dir. Now I know it works because after I renamed the file and started the game I was a girl lol and had all the weapons I chose.

EDIT: Well I tried to do it again and this time it wont work. Who knows..

I did put it in System. I started the game and nothing happened :P. I even started a new game and nothing happened.

Originally posted by deviousmind_hkc

I did put it in System. I started the game and nothing happened :P. I even started a new game and nothing happened.
    Ok at 1st I keep loading the same saved game and I was still a girl and the Travel.log was still there. So this time I after I loaded the same saved I loaded one previous and this time it worked and the travel file was gone and I also had $10k.

Ok I dled the file and renamed it to travel.log. I went in game and loaded and didn't work.

So you're saying I should keep loading the saved game?

Anyone know what I should do? I have currently a travel.log file in my system folder. I start up the game and nothing happens and the folder does not disappear.

OK to all you people that can't get the travel.log to work.

Starting a new game or loading one isn't enough. You must travel to a new area for the changes to take effect.

i.e. Start in Tarsus apartments, you'll still have default inventory. When you travel to Tarsus Rec Area then the travel.log will be loaded and you'll have the items and mods you've chosen.

Here's exactly what I did.

1. Went to site, saved the file into C:\Program Files\Deus Ex - Invisible War\System.

2. Renamed file to travel.log.

3. Started new game.

4. Went down to recreation hall.

5. Nothing happened.

Hmm, strange. Try loading a game with the travel.log in place then traveling to another area. That's how I got it to work, I also figured it would work the same way with a new game, but maybe not.

Have I even put it in the right folder? How do I load the game with the travel.log in place?

OK, I figured out why it won't work (stop working for me too)

It's probably running under the wrong name. After I renamed it from demotravel.log to travel.log I noticed that it had actually renamed itself 'travel.log.log'. Check your's, if this is the case, just rename it travel (click on it after it should display as travel.log).

Should be in this directory:
    C:\program files\DeusEx-Invisible War\system

Nope it didn't do anything. It's still travel.log.

Is it supposed to be a Text Document?

I just noticed something. When I saved it it saved it as DemoTravel. Didn't even have a .log at the end it just was a text document named DemoTravel. Oy wtf?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last