Thread: Graphics Card

Graphics Card

Gildor Guest

Question Graphics Card

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to find a direct answer for this.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 64MB card. If I'm reading things right, this card is not supported (hence the reason my DX:IW won't work). Is this right?

I'm looking at getting an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB card. Will this fix my problems?

Thanks for any help.

Gildor

Upgrading to an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB will allow you to play Deus Ex: Invisible War. Some will argue that the game wont run very well (in terms of raw frames per second) with such a card, but I have a Radeon 9800 XT 256MB card and it doesn't run very well for me either. I am convinced the difficulties I've experienced will be remedied in the upcoming patch, however.

Recap: Upgrade to the NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 128MB card. It will let you play the game.

Gildor Guest
    Thanks for the help Sloan.

I'm one of those that would argue that the 5200 is not a good card. It's basically the current Geforce chipset's verion of the MX cards. If you can afford to do so get a 5600, or see if you can pick up a Radeon 9500 Pro. Either of those would be much better choices.

Gildor Guest
    Thanks for the suggestion nightspore. But, I already bought the 5200. Was able to get it from a friend for $20 less than he paid for it. (He didn't pay attention to the PCI/AGP difference so I get a bargain.) I'm happy with the MX card I currently have, just need something that will allow me to play DX2.

well, is not an MX card, and in some benchmarks can hold a good fight against the TI 4600. and totally kicks the MX 440s ass

Originally posted by Cadillacs57
    well, is not an MX card, and in some benchmarks can hold a good fight against the TI 4600.
    Got a link? The ones I've seen show it being slower than a GF4-4200.

http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2...a/index.x?pg=1

I have this card (gfx5200)

I admit its not really fast, BUT you can play Dx2.

I have a 2600XP amd processor w/ 512 RAM runnign Win2000
    and I get between 13-25 fps most of the time @ 640x480 lowest graphics

Oh yeah, and I overclocked the card and ran almost every tweak out there....

Waiting for the patch like everyone else

Maybe then with a 5200 we'll be able to play @ 800x600

How much video memory do you have? Because I have 4200 with 128MB v. RAM and at 640x480 it almost never drops below 20 FPS.