Thread: Demo Download issues

Demo Download issues

Demo Download issues

The last few days I've been leaving my computer on at night to download the DXIW demo on my computer. Every time I try to unzip it it gives me an error message and says that there's an "unexpected end" to the file if I try to use a RAR unzipper type thing, or that it's a corrupt file if I use winzip. So last night I unchecked the "close this dialogue box when download completes" button to get more information, and in the morning I found that the "Download Complete" box showed 4.21 megs downloaded in 31 minutes and 50 seconds - the download ends after 4 megs! What the heck is doing this? I have my display properties set so that a screensaver doesn't come on, and the hard disk never shuts off. I use DSL to connect to the internet, and I have no issues with other downloads (which are oftentimes over 4 megs...speaking of which, it shouldn't even take 30 minutes to download 4 megs with my connection speed).

Anyone have any suggestions, or ideas on what's causing this and how to repair it?

Thanks in advance!

Bump 8(

Maybe I should try Tom's Hardward =X

Bump

Or maybe Tom's HardwarE....=P

Bump.

Jognt Guest
    well, ive sort of the same thing...

i tell it to DL the demo, and somewhere NEAR 4 MB it tells me it lost its connection... tried 4 times, ive been in a fileplanet queu for over 3 hours!

edit: sorry for brining up this older thread again, but id rather use search and awake an old thread, than to start another one

You should use a download manager buddy. Lets you continue a download when the server spits its dummy
    Google Dowload Accelerator Plus. That's my personal choice but there are plenty of others.
    AMD X2 64 4600+
    2 GIG PC3200
    2 x 7800GTX (SLI)
    400 gig SATA2 RAID 0 Array

Jognt Guest
    yes, ive got DAP but since its a fileplanet download, i couldnt DL it with DAP, asks for a password

anyway, after looking around, i noticed that the demo WAS downloadable from the US version of the site so i got it from there , yippy, runs like crap though..

DAP works fine with Fileplanet for me....
    AMD X2 64 4600+
    2 GIG PC3200
    2 x 7800GTX (SLI)
    400 gig SATA2 RAID 0 Array