Thread: pixel shader issue?

pixel shader issue?

sureshotsk25 Guest

Question pixel shader issue?

I am getting the black screen a few people have talked about so far in the forum. I start the game, it stays on a black screen while the hourglass pointer runs indefinitely. When I bring up task manager, there is a message that says I need a graphics card with Pixel Shader 1.1 or later. I have an nVidia graphics card that I purchased with a new computer three years ago, and all the other system requirements are met. What can I do about this, short of purchasing a new card?

If your card doesn't support pixel shader 1.1, there's nothing you can do except get a new card.

Re: pixel shader issue?

Originally posted by sureshotsk25
    I am getting the black screen a few people have talked about so far in the forum. I start the game, it stays on a black screen while the hourglass pointer runs indefinitely. When I bring up task manager, there is a message that says I need a graphics card with Pixel Shader 1.1 or later. I have an nVidia graphics card that I purchased with a new computer three years ago, and all the other system requirements are met. What can I do about this, short of purchasing a new card?
    Graphics card with pixel shading capability came out near 3 years ago so err...hard luck you need to upgrade.

or......

you could return the game and not spend $200 dollars just to play a game.

Considering how mediocre most of the feedback has been, you probably wouldn't be doing yourself much of a disservice

Originally posted by Oblit
    or......

you could return the game and not spend $200 dollars just to play a game.

Considering how mediocre most of the feedback has been, you probably wouldn't be doing yourself much of a disservice
    True, true. However I'd recommend him to upgrade merely because his machine is THAT old and if he wants to play other games released of late...err clug central anyone?

your point is strong, pooeypants.

but the game should at least run, albeit very lousily. There should have been an option to turn off shadows, turn down texture detail, etc., to tide over those of us who really, really can't afford to buy a new computer atm

Pixel Shader Guest

ME TOO!!!!

I had the Idea that since Nvidia cards would work but yet Pixel SHading is never talked about. I know ten people with they problem and I don't see how it happended

Originally posted by Oblit
    your point is strong, pooeypants.

but the game should at least run, albeit very lousily. There should have been an option to turn off shadows, turn down texture detail, etc., to tide over those of us who really, really can't afford to buy a new computer atm
    The problem is that the game runs crappily on even high end system, ppl with top notch machines including 9800Pro are struggling at times to get acceptable fps. How do you think a 3 year old machine will fare?

Re: ME TOO!!!!

Originally posted by Pixel Shader
    I had the Idea that since Nvidia cards would work but yet Pixel SHading is never talked about. I know ten people with they problem and I don't see how it happended
    There are many Nvidia cards, I can think of about 20 or more.

Please be specific.