Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Commandos 3 Patch!!!!!

Commandos 3 Patch!!!!!

Exclamation Commandos 3 Patch!!!!!

The long awaited patch has been finalle released!!! here is a list of changes:
    Commandos 3 Patch. V1.42: List of fixes (2003-11-20)

General fixes.

- The game would sometimes crash when either a Commando or Allied Soldier tried
    to enter a vehicle when seen by a guard dog.

- In the load/save menus some key sequences were causing the game to freeze and
    the music to loop.

- Some tool tips of 1 character length were not being drawn. It was most
    noticeable in the Asian (Japanese, Chinese and Korean) versions.

- Players were able to call themselves 'EMPTY', making it difficult for other
    players to know who's who both in character selection and in the game.

- In the Central Europe Mission "Ambush Convoy", the armoured vehicles were
    stopping when they detected a Commando or Allied Soldier; this prevented the
    art trucks from entering the map when it happened near the western border. Now
    they will remember their true objective, and will try to escape even if they
    see an allied unit.

- The timer in some missions was over-running the objectives window, making it
    difficult to read the objectives.

- In missions such as "Stalingrad: Berlin", the tool tips for some Gestapo
    soldiers were not showing as "GESTAPO" but "SOLDIER", which would be confusing
    because it appeared that soldiers of lesser ranks could see through a higher
    ranking officers uniform when worn by the spy.

- Now every "Gestapo" soldier tool tip will be displayed correctly.

- When a crash occurs the profiles would frequently be wiped out and the saved
    games could not be read.

- The F6 key inconsistency has been addressed. During the "Normandy: Omaha
    Beach" mission, the F6 key (when pressed), wouldn't highlight any of the Allied
    Soldiers.

- When using a submachine gun, the bullets were sometimes hitting enemies in a
    different room, and were not hitting enemies in the right one.

- When the following action was carried out (while climbing a ladder, interrupt
    the action) it would Sometimes cause the controlled characters to crawl at
    twice the normal speed.

- It was possible to exceed the amount of pages used for saves/load files.

- During the "Stalingrad: Protect The General" mission, if at least one of the
    Commandos was already inside the plane, and all the others were killed outside,
    the "Mission Complete" text was triggered as if the mission was correctly
    finished.

- An issue would occur during a multiplayer game using Allied Troops they,
    could be ordered to dive into the water, although they are not intended to do
    so. They are then not able to resurface,and quickly drown.

- Text corrections have been made in the Polish, Russian and Czech versions.

- An issue with killing or stunning some soldiers who were sitting in a chair
    has been addressed.

- During the Central Europe mission "Steal the Train", the Thief would warp to
    a mismatching location when entering through certain windows of a train
    carriage.

Multiplayer fixes.

- Players crashing sometimes from chat room when players were being kicked from
    a game.

- Occasionally when a co-op game is created, someone would be kicked on the
    'Configure Game' screen once a game was started by the host.

- Once in-game, if the game statistics were activated, this would sometimes
    cause the game to crash back to the desktop.

- Characters were able to move before recovering from being knocked out.

- When restarting a multiplayer game, sometimes some characters were shown as
    dead, although they were alive.

- Users could not see other peoples chat depending on the order in which they
    joined the server.

- When showing multiplayer scores, the names were not matching the colors and
    score.

- Multiplayer chat function was overflowing in some menus.

Now get it at:
    Gamershell
    3dgamers
    EIDOS[

you mean they saw my Santa Claus thread?

glad something is out but i'm sure this will open a whole 'nother series of threads on what they missed...betcha

definately...damn newbs

I am not gonna download it.

but it is a good thing that they release it so that other people get their game fixed
    He who controls the past commands the future he who commands the future conquers the past

Yes, it's good that the technical issues are being fixed. I was just hoping for something in the patch release that says "fixed game to add all the missing inventory, missions, and bonuses."

Originally posted by CurtX
    Yes, it's good that the technical issues are being fixed. I was just hoping for something in the patch release that says "fixed game to add all the missing inventory, missions, and bonuses."
    I too was waiting hopefully for that same news, a pity really

Such potential

you guys are hopeless!!!

*g* that those newbs didnt even noticed these bugs. what a lamers!

didnt expected that there wou;ld be fixed so many bugs, didnt even expect that ther where so many bugs!
    gread job pyro!

add all the missing inventory, missions, and bonuses
    C4

....that'll make Twitch twitch...

whats wrong with being a newbie?
    its really pathetic how some ppl flame other players
    and think highly of themselves
    i guess david and sick see themselves as vets rofl
    what an attitude .... what a pair of losers
    this board must be happy with their posts

They are vets..

Meaning that they've played the other games and thus know what they're talking about. They know how good the series is and can compare it far better than someone who plays it for the first time and thinks he can bash away.

@m =

im not very long in the comunity (almost a year, so short) simply cuz we had expensive internet. but i have been playing commandos a lot before that! finished them all, every difficulty level and w/o cheating.
    and ehm, i bet only a veteran can get a time less then 60 secs in NOTW... (first C2 night mission)
    so there are theorectly only 2 vets here; me and dave

the patch doesnt fix the graphic glitches in the menu and in-game txt thou which is a bit e

Twitch Guest
    The patch certainly doesn't cover all the bugs we've heard about now does it? There are some things fixed that I didn't have a problem with. As you say Spade2001, no mention bumping up the graphics res or addressing hotkeys. Oh well, at this point, who cares. I took mine back where I got it and swapped for American Conquest. Guess I won't be buying it again even though it's already down to $30 here.

i have problems to download the patch i always received an error message when i try/ trie to download the patch from gamershell. does somebody know to fix the problem i have.

thanks in advance

try TAFN or Eidos ftp

and ehm twitch, if you dont have the game will you please stop complaining about it! you brought it back immidiatly so you didnt even completed it! this means you can not have a good final conclusion about the game.

maybe you should try THIS!!!

deserter

Originally posted by ez rider
    whats wrong with being a newbie?
    its really pathetic how some ppl flame other players
    and think highly of themselves
    i guess david and sick see themselves as vets rofl
    what an attitude .... what a pair of losers
    this board must be happy with their posts

heheh, good one!!! havent had an insult for a long time! and yes, i see myself as vet well, just too many reasons to name but being involved in commandos comunity since 2001 does mean something as commandos was/is great part in my life. even got c2 tatoo...just kidding about that :P

Originally posted by niels van de sype
    i have problems to download the patch i always received an error message when i try/ trie to download the patch from gamershell. does somebody know to fix the problem i have.

thanks in advance
    i hope u already got it but if not try using eidos link: ftp://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk//comman...3Patch1_42.exe

Is the patch compatible with old save games?!

well of course!!! u must not worry about zis officer

Originally posted by sick

so there are theorectly only 2 vets here; me and dave
    eh...or not. I have been longer in the community than both you and dave. I have been playing the games since BEL was out. and I was visiting the community in 1999, not taking part in it though.
    He who controls the past commands the future he who commands the future conquers the past

only 2 vets here
    i've probably been around longer than all three of you (since before Cutthroats by Hothouse was released in 1999) but my name has been changed several times to keep one step ahead of the forum police. my identity papers were entrusted to Natasha "Lips" Nikochevski and kept in her rather large bra but she whistled whiskey over just before they cut her out of C3. Unfortunately, whiskey hasn't been seen since him and Treads were spotted in a supply truck heading towards Wal Mart...

Originally posted by David
    i hope u already got it but if not try using eidos link: ftp://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk//comman...3Patch1_42.exe

i have finally got the patch from TAFN , a millions thanks David and Sick and the others ofcourse

well consider me a Commandos n00b, I've never played Commandos III, though I have the game..
    how lame of me, I suck..

why haven't u played it ziili? why do you buy the game if you don't want to play it? just start to play it and u'll love it!
    trust me mate!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last