Thread: Cloud Service and everything about Saving

Cloud Service and everything about Saving

Originally Posted by Quadocky

Question: is the cloud server the same for NA users?

Yes, I tested it and it worked. I disabled it afterwards and it went back to syncing.

Maybe we should be asking why NA doesn't get local cloud servers.

Originally Posted by Jalian
    It is easier to check for validity of your copy, if it has to be played online. It is an anti-piracy mechanism in most cases, unfortunately it also serves to hinder those who actually purchase games, and also serves to encourage pirates to just continue pirating to spite the company that adds these mechanisms.

EDIT: There are ways to play Steam games without being online, unless the game specifically requires an internet connection (Skyrim, for example, can be played offline, but Batman: Arkham Asylum, requires Windows Games to be online to play)
    In other words, DRM is BS for life! Why should those a#$h*#(s at Square Enix do this to a 15 year-old game!? They already made a boat-load of money off of that game already!!

I hope whoever is in charge looks at our posts and fixes this issue with another update promptly. Other than that, great game as always! Hope they don't make another FF XIII.

SE is a japanese company? lol

Originally Posted by imported_James

SE is a japanese company? lol

Yet we are syncing to servers in Europe, not Japan.

Originally Posted by Crono1973

Originally Posted by Quadocky

Question: is the cloud server the same for NA users?

Yes, I tested it and it worked. I disabled it afterwards and it went back to syncing.

Maybe we should be asking why NA doesn't get local cloud servers.

My only guess is that they still believe that Europeans care more about PC games than North Americans do. Or that Europeans care more about JRPGs than North Americans do. Business stuff and all that jazz.

If remote sync is disabled will your achievements sync. I figured not, but I was wondering if anyone could comfirm this.

More than likely not. There is a seperate file inside that same folder called achievement.dat that gets synced at the same time as the other two files.

Call them and tell them 310-846-0345 Option 3

Been trying to figure out if it was possible to delete a save file. Whether it was from a different slot or 2 save files within the same slot?

I don't know of a way yet to delete a save file but there might be a way to copy over a new game/edited save with it. You could back up your saves folder and try it. You would either have to disable the file sync and save over it after starting the game so you can sync the file back to the server.

It's a Square thing. Try to go back and clear all your saves on an SNES cart or on a DS card from Square/Square Enix. To clear my Chrono Trigger DS saves I had to remove the card while it was saving to force it to become corrupt, only then would it delete the files. I have no solution for this though.

Hi,
    I've accidently created 2 save games in "Save 1" and wish to know how I can delete one of them?

I was wonder if I could use my saved progress on my pc version of FFVII, for maybe a ps1 emulator version on FFVII?

I have just got a Google nexus 7 and have been looking online and seen that I can download a PS1 emulator and play any PS1 games.. pretty awesome...

i have also learned how to use my wiimote and classic wii contrller to play SNES games and such on my nexus too! it would be cool to play FFVII mobile and

and then get home and then play where i left off on my pc....

Just wondering if anyone has a clue...

No idea, but my first guess is no because the PC version is different than the Playstation Version. Essentially, the PC version IS a PC version with different data, and the Playstation version is its own with its own data.

Natrually the two would be incompatable because of the way it handles the file types and the data used.

However I never tested this, but I am 80% sure the two are incompatible.

First, are you dumping all of your own bios and game data? If not, then emulation is illegal and thus not permitted to be discussed on this (or any, really) website.

Second, as they are entirely different games (PS and PC version) the save types are not compatible. It might be possible for someone to build a save converter for between the two, but I doubt anyone would put the time in for something like that, sorry.

i cant seem to find the cloud save feature , where can you find that option , and how do you use it

Its automatic, everytime you save a game it attempts to upload it to the cloud.

And its rather annoying too.

Because if the server is unreachable, you either can't save your game, or worse, can't load it.

I installed FF7 on my desktop PC, then on my laptop a few days later. I used the same activation number on both installations, and the game launcher shows the same member name ("member_######") in the upper right-hand corner of the window on both. These worked together for about two nights, successfully sharing saved games. Both installs then had a night or two of failing to connect to the cloud sync server, and when eventually both started showing 'save files have been synced' messages again it was anything but the truth. I'd most recently played on my laptop, so my latest savegames were there, but my desktop would not sync those down and had older savegames.

This confused me until I tried accessing the View Online Profile option from each installation. My laptop took me to a web-based profile still under the same member_###### name, but reflecting stats of my desktop's savegames as far as time played and achievements accrued were concerned. I then tried accessing the online profile from my desktop, which seems to be tied to a profile under a name matching my username here on the forums and not the member_###### name both installs show on the launcher... and this one reflected zero time played and zero achievements accrued. After seeing that, my laptop will no longer load a profile page, and dumps me on the main website for FF7 instead.

It seems like at some point during the early cloud sync issues with the game I ended up with one member ID that has two sub-IDs, and my installations of FF7 each see a different one. I'd manually copy savegame files over to my desktop, but I can't seem to figure out where they are. It seems likely that I'll just have to play the game exclusively from my laptop, although I may try reinstalling the game on my desktop to see if I can somehow get it to see the laptop's savegame files.

Yes, you can save even if the server is down/unreachable. Wait for a half a minute and the game says something like "server not reached. Saving local only."

When I first started playing FF7 I had no idea what a save point looked like. I was concerned that I would miss it being well aware of the many problems associated with the saving progress.

I decided to post a short video on PhotoBucket showing the first save point. To keep the vieo as short as possible I did some editing to remove the random battles. I also took the shortest route and left the exploring up to you... I didn't want to give away too many secrets of the game.

<b id="yui_3_7_2_1_1358438132212_2045">
    [/b]I want to thank He-Mullet for pointing me in the right direction.
    [/b]The video is located at....

<b id="yui_3_7_2_1_1358438132212_2045">s408.beta.photobucket.com/user/keith-scr...

[/b]let me know if you have any problems with the link.

Thanks, Keith

[/b]

Cloud Service seems to be a hit or miss

Like most of the fine ladies and gentleman who purchased the PC Re-release of Final Fantasy VII, I have been having issues with the Cloud Save feature that Square Enix so boldly decided to force us to use. I've read countless forum posts about people experiencing the same issues and some of their makeshift ways of getting around it.

I'm not sure if this has ever been brought up before and if it has, I do sincerely apologize.

Someone recommended to completely kill the internet connection to your computer, thereby forcing the .exe to save locally. To this, I say why? Yes, it works beautifully, but I'm a bit of a multi-tasker at heart(gaming, Facebook, checking news quite literally all at once). Killing my internet connection would put a damper on that and quite frankly I don't find it fair that I should have to do that.

Instead, I've come up with something a little more tactful and a lot less of a hassle.

Using your Firewall(I personally use COMODO), black the application from accessing the internet. Or more specifically, the .exe shortcut that gets placed on your desktop.

I've been running fine ever since.

Of course you won't be able to use the Character Boost option, without saving it to the Cloud first, but if you use that than you've missed the point of playing Final Fantasy VII to begin with.

I sincerely hope that this helps.

Is there any particular reason the Steam version of FF7 allows you to disable cloud saves, but the one I bought direct from the site (version 1.0.7) doesn't?

Do I have to pay $12 to disable a game-breaking "feature"?

Originally Posted by rykerrk
    Is there any particular reason the Steam version of FF7 allows you to disable cloud saves, but the one I bought direct from the site (version 1.0.7) doesn't?

Do I have to pay $12 to disable a game-breaking "feature"?
    The SE Store version was updated today to allow you to disable cloud saving. At least according to the email I got, I haven't tried it myself yet.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last