Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy Trading Card Game

Final Fantasy Trading Card Game

Final Fantasy Trading Card Game

Japanese website here: www.square-enix-shop.com/jp/ff-tcg/index...

I really want them to release an English version. Hopefully, it's popular enough that they do make one. In the meantime, I collect the ones they release in Japan. Anyone else collect or play them?
    Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Sep 2014 at 14:02.

I'd like to get some of these, and also some of the Lord of Vermillion cards.

There was an official Kingdom Hearts trading card game at a point, but I don't know how well it did and how that would relate to chances of the Final Fantasy one being released here.

I collect the KH TCG cards too, the English ones anyway. I find it hard to find the Japanese ones. I rarely hear much about KH TCG though so it seems like they didn't do too well here. The cards are also pretty cheap to buy. I don't know how well FF TCG is doing in Japan so it's harder tell if they'll have an English version or not.

Originally Posted by conkwe

I collect the KH TCG cards too, the English ones anyway. I find it hard to find the Japanese ones. I rarely hear much about KH TCG though so it seems like they didn't do too well here. The cards are also pretty cheap to buy. I don't know how well FF TCG is doing in Japan so it's harder tell if they'll have an English version or not.

If you're on ebay, the store FromNippon has quite a few of the Japanese ones..as well as other FF items. Some of her prices can get a little steep, but she does put items up for special auction sometimes. Might be worth the look.

I don't have any but I've been meaning to check it out. It looks pretty cool.

I collect the KH trading cards (currently finishing up my collections from each of the sets) and I've started collecting some of the FF cards from this latest TCG as well.

Though I'd be first to jump if there were an American release, I just can't help but wonder if it's something that would happen at all in the first place.

The KH releases didn't do particularly well, but in my opinion, there was little to no marketing done for the KH cards and so even people who were interested or who might have been interested didn't even know they existed until it was too late. Coupled with issues with licensing and distribution and... well... It died before it could really get going.

I have quite a few. Favourite card - Chaos: www.square-enix-shop.com/jp/ff-tcg/card/...
    Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Sep 2014 at 14:02.

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki

If you're on ebay, the store FromNippon has quite a few of the Japanese ones..as well as other FF items. Some of her prices can get a little steep, but she does put items up for special auction sometimes. Might be worth the look.

Thanks. I've seen his sales before, but they've always been too expensive for me. I mostly try to trade my extra cards to get new ones. Every once in a while, I'll post up an auction too when I have a bunch of extras.

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki

I collect the KH trading cards (currently finishing up my collections from each of the sets) and I've started collecting some of the FF cards from this latest TCG as well.

Though I'd be first to jump if there were an American release, I just can't help but wonder if it's something that would happen at all in the first place.

The KH releases didn't do particularly well, but in my opinion, there was little to no marketing done for the KH cards and so even people who were interested or who might have been interested didn't even know they existed until it was too late. Coupled with issues with licensing and distribution and... well... It died before it could really get going.

Yeah, I don't want to expect too much in case they don't make a U.S. version. But collecting the Japanese cards has been keeping me occupied. They release the chapters so quickly after one another, it's hard to keep up.

Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Sep 2014 at 14:03.

I'd like to get some english version of these cards too.

Originally Posted by Aith

When I heard there was a KH TCG, I thought the cards would be shaped like the ones in Chain of Memories. Imagine my disappointment when I saw that they weren't. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif[/img] Kind of sad that they would put all that effort into developing the game and cards and they don't even bother to shell out for decent advertisement.

Hmm, did they ever sell decks of CoM cards? I'd love a few of those. Although the spiky tops might be an issue.

Originally Posted by ZERORAPTOR

When I heard there was a KH TCG, I thought the cards would be shaped like the ones in Chain of Memories. Imagine my disappointment when I saw that they weren't. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif[/img] Kind of sad that they would put all that effort into developing the game and cards and they don't even bother to shell out for decent advertisement.

Hmm, did they ever sell decks of CoM cards? I'd love a few of those. Although the spiky tops might be an issue.

Oh man, CoM cards like the ones in the game would be awesome. But yeah, the spiky tops. Dunno about that.

Yeah, I don't want to expect too much in case they don't make a U.S. version. But collecting the Japanese cards has been keeping me occupied. They release the chapters so quickly after one another, it's hard to keep up.

I definitely agree on how hard it is to keep up with all of the cards at times and if they do decide to localize and license, I hope that it gets done right and proper. It would be shame if these cards were released... only to fizzle out from a lack of promotion, a lack of distribution, and a lack of interest like the KH ones did.

The cards - to my recollection - did just fine in Japan where they were originally came from/originated from and were popular enough. When they were localized and ported over is when the lack of marketing happened and consequently, probably affected the success and consequential availability of the cards here in the States and elsewhere.

And yeah, I'd totally love a CoM-themed card set though I think the pointed tops just make the cards really unwieldly to play with and more easily accidentally damaged. Imagine all the peeling and dog-eared edges there might be! So no, there are not any official CoM-themed cards out there as far as I know. On the other hand, the KH sets that were released were released in that spirit, to my knowledge, so the gameplay mechanism reflects the gameplay mechanism in CoM at least a little bit.

And yeah, I'd totally love a CoM-themed card set though I think the pointed tops just make the cards really unwieldly to play with and more easily accidentally damaged. Imagine all the peeling and dog-eared edges there might be! So no, there are not any official CoM-themed cards out there as far as I know. On the other hand, the KH sets that were released were released in that spirit, to my knowledge, so the gameplay mechanism reflects the gameplay mechanism in CoM at least a little bit.

Well, I don't mean have the TCG cards shaped like the cards in CoM but more like I want the exact cards from CoM. No TCG rules or gameplay, I just want the actual cards.

I definitely agree on how hard it is to keep up with all of the cards at times and if they do decide to localize and license, I hope that it gets done right and proper. It would be shame if these cards were released... only to fizzle out from a lack of promotion, a lack of distribution, and a lack of interest like the KH ones did.
    I'd also want a fully promoted TCG if they ever released it here. I assume that they're currently releasing the chapters so quickly so that there's a variety of cards to use for gameplay. They'll most likely slow down the releases of new chapters once there'll be a huge pool of cards to create decks from and have covered most of the games. But until then, my wallet will most likely continue to be empty. I try to trade cards instead of buying them, but it's hard to find people to trade with. Not many people collect/play or even know about the cards yet.

Well, I don't mean have the TCG cards shaped like the cards in CoM but more like I want the exact cards from CoM. No TCG rules or gameplay, I just want the actual cards.
    I thought that they would reuse the same images from the CoM cards in the KH TCG cards. In that way, they would be like CoM cards. But if they were going to make official CoM cards, I would want it exactly like they have it in the game, including its shape. They don't have to be TCG cards, but collector cards like Final Fantasy's Art Museum cards. I could imagine those cards becoming rare, especially with the potential damage the cards would take.

TYPE-0 Playmat p.twipple.jp/OZWmq

Chapter VII - Release Date
    - Chapter VII will be released on September the 28th. Previews: www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201208210006/

Where do you buy KH TCG cards?

Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Sep 2014 at 14:04.

Chapter VIII will be released on December 14. www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201210200001/
    Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Sep 2014 at 14:04.

so, i imported Final Fantasy Type-0 for my birthday back in may, i got it used for about $60. however, the game was complete, intact, had never been registered on the japan SE member's site, as well as coming with the limited edition Machina FF TCG card! i had no idea there was a FF TCG, and i would like to see this come to usa! i did some research and found out that the japanese version of The 3rd Birthday also came with a Limited Edition FF TCG card. i sure as heck wanna play this game!

is there any chance you will release it here in america? i suggest going through wizards of the coast if you do, they seem to do will with their card games!

Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Sep 2014 at 14:01.

Chapter VIII Pre-release Party www.square-enix-shop.com/jp/ff-tcg/event...
    Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Sep 2014 at 14:01.

Just be careful and check the seller thoroughly.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Sep 2014 at 14:00.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last