Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what brought u to eidos forums

what brought u to eidos forums

ok so i was posting on the forums today and i thought to myself this is a video game company.... so most everyone here came to talk about one video game or another. so my question to the masses is what video game brought you to the eidos forums?

i myself was pulled like a moth to a flame because of the legacy of kain series. but i like to check on a few other games havent posted but i read em alot

Cool

TR was the initial pull, but since then i've enjoyed the Thief series as well.
    It's the TR level editor that keeps me here now though, after 3 years of level creating, I still can't drag myself away...... curse you Eidos...curse you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The vampiric voices in my head told me to come here.

Seriously though, I started frequenting the forums after deciding to visit the Eidos site following the completion of Blood Omen 2. Made a few friends, more than a few enemies and the rest, as they say, is history.

I currently frequent this forum & the LOK forums (obviously) and sometimes pop into the TR forums (to socialize), the Whiplash and Thief forums.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

After feverishly tracking down every site about LC I could find to get more and more pictures, I followed the darn link on the TR homepage. It was called Community.

I would say, the rest of that story is his.

...............*tsssssssssss* Hot tonight.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Big Grin

Lara dragged me here!!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

I arrived quite by accident.
    Then I was imprisoned by Winston.

Dumb luck.

TR again - though I have since played Project Eden and dabbled with Startopia and Soul Reaver 2.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

I wanted to ask a question about a mod for Startopia.

And then didn't leave.

TR again there was a link on stella's site to the new forum and then I joined the new one.

Grey Mouser Guest
    After being tossed into the Eidos dungeons I was given the choice...wrangle the Forums and put up with getting intensely flamed by every gamer with a grudge against Eidos, or keep testing Daikatana...it was really an easy choice!

TR of course. The first thing I did when playing TR was to hook up with Theresa's site, then Stella's, then at Tom's site, then here.

I was, and still am, quite happy with fleeting through time zones hunting down those Splitters and retrieving the Time Crystals It was about a year ago I was foolish enough to follow my friend's advice and click that cursed link.. Or worse; I actually signed up!! And have stayed to torment others ever since..

Big Grin

Lara dragged me here kicking and screaming, i was sure i was well past playing games. I was wrong !!

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
    After being tossed into the Eidos dungeons I was given the choice...wrangle the Forums and put up with getting intensely flamed by every gamer with a grudge against Eidos, or keep testing Daikatana...it was really an easy choice!
    And I was the one that gave him the Choice! Been here since the very begining around 1999 on the old MPlayer forums.
    RedLegg

ah...Internet Explorer????

Big Grin

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
    Daikatana!!!! That game caused me much grief and frustration..... It's the only game i've ever felt the need to snap the CDrom in half. It was almost as much frustration as the TR level editor gives me sometimes, but at least I feel i've got some control with the level editor; you have my sympathy my friend........... I think even the trolls should treat you with much reverance after such a traumatic past....

Arrow

Four years ago I discovered the German Eidos Forum when I was looking for a community about the TRLE short after its release in December 2000. Everything went quite allright a long period of time until some certain...uhm, let´s say "individuals" started to brake up the forum with spam posts, fights and tons of insults (*cough*those members have also been banned from this forum*cough*).

Gradually we started to move away from the forum and posted only on rare occasions. Even now, three and a half years later, the forum is still dead. So I had to find a new TRLE community and I found the Eidos Forum on a linkpage of some TRLE site (I think it was TRwad´s one).

Since then I remained here, though I don´t post that often, and besides the Levelbase Forum which came up some time later after the forum was destroied this community is one of the sites I daily check .

Smile

I came to the old ubb board via a link on the Commandos 2 website. Registered here a while before the game hit the shelves in september 2001. I've been moderating the Commandos forums since then and enjoyed playing other Eidos titles like: Praetorians & Republic aswell.

Quite simply, the beautifully fantastic Lara Croft. One of a very few people who makes me wish I went insane so I could believe they really existed, and I knew them.

I, along with 5 or so other people, am a refugee from Theresa's forum. I came because her forums disappeared off the face of the earth. We await the day that she reopens her forums and we all go back... but I don't think it'll ever happen

Represent.

Cool

I blame it all on Miss Croft!

I had some problems installing TR 1 and getting the sound to work properly... I searched the net to find a solution and ended up here! I was so shy in the beginning I kept coming back for days before I was brave enough to sign up and ask for help. But I did get the help I needed! And I discovered this place was so nice, I couldn't keep away. Now I have many very close friends here, this is like a second home!
    signature image

LARA

All the beautiful women. That's what brought me here.

Well, the beer and food too...

Originally posted by mulder
    Well, the beer and food too...
    You forgot to mention the opportunity to sell out fellow earthlings for 29 cents
    a head to alien abductors!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast