Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy X-2 one of the best

Final Fantasy X-2 one of the best

I admit, now that I'm older than I was when I first played through the game I can agree that the storyline of Final Fantasy X-2 is indeed fluffy, fanservice-centric, and... oh, to heck. I liked the game. I still like it now. It's got one of (if not the) best combat systems in the series, and the cutscenes still make me smile a little.

And I've started the journey over again: made it to chapter 2 yesterday.

I'm welcoming other people's comments about the game, but let's keep this constructive no matter if you're positive or negative about it.

I don't care what anyone else says..I LOVED this game. Spent many a fun hour slogging through Via Infinito and some of the other optional dungeons. (The "bug" dungeon is still my favorite all time dungeon...from any game!) The dresspheres...Brother....what was there not to like about this?

I'll also go on record saying the The Leblanc Syndicate needs to be in a KH title. There, I said it. XD

I only wish that one day, we'll get a port of FF X-2 International. Don't think it would be too much to do the extra translation.

Highlights of the current playthrough, part one.

<ul>[*]527 points in the Besaid Gunner's Gauntlet. I ran through this several times and got frustrated that every time I built up a good chain I'd get hit and reset.[*]Listening to the dialogue again, especially from Paine.[*]Brother is Brother.[/list]

I have an Iron Duke on Yuna, Rikku, and Paine.

Those of you in the know should know how much time I've spend on the game.

I like X-2. The story is appauling but the gameplay is wicked. In general I like it better than even V.

Haven't been able to play it over the past cople of days, but going to mention: one thing that I haven't ever obtained before (even in my original run), is the Mascot job. I remember that I avoided the Zanarkand glitch but, still no luck. I'm hoping to get it this time, so we'll have to see!

I loved this game - spent about 150 hours on it over the course of two playthroughs to get the Perfect Ending. I've been wanting to do a replay of X/X-2 recently, but I'm holding out for X HD and hopefully X-2 HD to follow after that. I never really understood all the negativity towards X-2 but it feels like a lot of people have come around to it over the years since its release.

I enjoyed the gameplay, but never did actually get the Perfect Ending (or any ending, honestly). I gave up on 100 percenting it and just YouTubed the ending (which kind of dissapointed me..)

I def feel like FFX NEEDED to have a sequel, especially with the extra scene they threw in after the credits with Tidus coming out of the water. But I feel like X-2's ending needed so much more..

I seriously loved this game but I'm not foolish to the reasons why it wasn't likeable for everyone else. I don't think it's bad at all, it's just a 'your type or not' kind of game. The battle system is awesome, grinding is actually pretty easy and fun, the soundtrack is amazing (Memory of Lightwaves is my favorite FF song), and it's a decent follow up to the characters of FFX-2. Not to mention the ending/s provided a little more optimism to the otherwise depressing ending of X.

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+

Haven't been able to play it over the past cople of days, but going to mention: one thing that I haven't ever obtained before (even in my original run), is the Mascot job. I remember that I avoided the Zanarkand glitch but, still no luck. I'm hoping to get it this time, so we'll have to see!

I LOVED what Paine said when they formally get the Mascot

That did it: I'm officially replaying this too. Haven't played this in a long time. ^_^

1000 Words is still my alltime favorite FF song/cutscene... The english version of the song is much more intense than the japanese version which I found odd haha.

I liked X-2. Sure there were parts that had me cringing (like Yuna's personality change and the aggravating Gunner's Gauntlet) but I enjoyed the game. I replay the game here and there. Currently replaying X.

Originally Posted by TonisESP

1000 Words is still my alltime favorite FF song/cutscene... The english version of the song is much more intense than the japanese version which I found odd haha.

I imported the soundtrack for this game not long after it came out and really thought that Kumi Koda's voice matched well for Yuna's singing voice. Ended up not liking the one for the American release as much. (Maybe because I heard the Japanese version first?)

I remember another Japanese musician doing a poppier cover for real emotion but for the life of me can't remember who...

Really nice to see a lot of support to a game I enjoyed, but see a lot of people blasting it. While some close buddies of mine began playing FFXI Online on their PCs, I was stuck with X-2 since I only had a PS2 at the time. Gun Mage was the first job I made sure I got all three to master, being a big fan of the Blue Mage job.

Current Replay: Chapter 1, Mushroom Rock Road, grinding. Paine's in the Black Mage Dressphere....and it's two spells from Master. Oh YEAH! X3

Now I remember why I always felt sorry for poor Clasko: were he in FF VII, Chocobo Sage would have been his dream job!

Continuing with the replay in my (few) spare moments, not even to the end of Chapter 1 yet and Paine is rocking a fully mastered Black Mage Dressphere. (Just finished the first of the Moonflow Missions.) This makes me wish that there was far more swag and merchandise for this game namely.....

1:SE! Please give us a Gippal PA Kai. Seriously, he was the most awesome Al Bhed in the entirety of the FF X games. (Well, aside from Brother. XD) All we had aside from the Girls were some keychain/phone straps of Lenne and one of Nooj. And how about a LeBlanc PA too?!

2. Give the Hypello their own game or at least add them to a spin off of your new music game. The Hypello would make great mashcots, yesh?

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki

Continuing with the replay in my (few) spare moments, not even to the end of Chapter 1 yet and Paine is rocking a fully mastered Black Mage Dressphere. (Just finished the first of the Moonflow Missions.) This makes me wish that there was far more swag and merchandise for this game namely.....

1:SE! Please give us a Gippal PA Kai. Seriously, he was the most awesome Al Bhed in the entirety of the FF X games. (Well, aside from Brother. XD) All we had aside from the Girls were some keychain/phone straps of Lenne and one of Nooj. And how about a LeBlanc PA too?!

2. Give the Hypello their own game or at least add them to a spin off of your new music game. The Hypello would make great mashcots, yesh?

Yes! It would be awesome to see PA figures of all three of the Crimson Squad guys. I have the keychains of the girls and Nooj but wished that they had Baralai and Gippal keychains as well.

I just started a serious playthrough of this game for the first time a couple days ago. When I was younger I always dismissed it as way too girly for me and quit after the opening mission, leaving the game collecting dust for years. I finally decided to pack it for the hell of it when I was gathering my stuff for college. I popped it in over the three day weekend to procrastinate a bit, thinking I wouldn't be able to get too in to it and would be back to doing work shortly. Boy, was I wrong! I ended up pulling up a guide to get 100% story, dresspheres, and the most possible GGs in one playthrough to use for helping me get the right order and picking the right dialogue options, and am currently at the end of Chapter 2 with only one thing missed so far (during the LeBlanc chase, I forgot to talk to the moogle (Yuna)).

I think i'll really like the story of the old final fantasy sagas, mixed with the new technologies in gameplay and graphics, i hope one day will happen.

To be not forgotten.

And my "two" cents on this game is, I Loved it!

(Although at this point in life when the game luanched, I had felt a disturbance in the FF series or the "Force" you could say.)

The problem w/this game is it actually marks the downfall of Final-Fantasy, this is where it all started going downhill, in trend speak it went total casual after the depature of FF creator and overlord Hironobu Sakaguchi left in 2003 about when this had launched. LoL I will always remember this game foundly, sure it's girly and cute and cuddly- and other times has a cool darkside just like star-wars does and that is why I love it. (Remember the opening game-intro to FFX? Auron had a kickin a' cutscene and metal based theme! I think Paine is our Auron in FFX-2, just a cool bad a' girl.)

I loved all three of the new characters we had in FFX-2 and my absolute favorite was was Rikku (Sorry Paine!), for me she's kinda like a shway cooler version of FF-X's Wakka.

Whom is your favorite main character in FFX-2?

Links: "read em and weap" (for the joy it brought, or not...)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi

*I'm replaying this when I decided to look into the FF-X2 forums and say my two cents, the replay is going well. I started from an earlier old save I had.

Wonder if this will be released on PSN or maybe even Live's Marketplace? Ya I dare to say it; I dispise you PS3 controller! I despise you.

To each thier own

The game has a very good battle system.

Nice to see people have love for this game, I had tons of fun with this title! I remember being so excited about this game way back when it was coming out. I see nothing wrong with a game promoting girl power and having fun with it, was a nice change from X's heaviness imo. Love the dress spheres, the transformation sequences and designs are so cool. It's also cool that this game introduced me to Koda Kumi and made me into a fan of hers!

Favorite character . . . I love all the girls, the Gullwings, Gippal, and Nooj.

Must have played this game about 3 times, last replay time I left off in the middle and just never returned to it. It's also amazing that the only dress sphere that eludes me is Mascot, idgi.
    "I dreamt I was a moron"- Squall Leonhart

Originally Posted by gekka_reijin

Nice to see people have love for this game, I had tons of fun with this title! I remember being so excited about this game way back when it was coming out. I see nothing wrong with a game promoting girl power and having fun with it, was a nice change from X's heaviness imo. Love the dress spheres, the transformation sequences and designs are so cool. It's also cool that this game introduced me to Koda Kumi and made me into a fan of hers!

Favorite character . . . I love all the girls, the Gullwings, Gippal, and Nooj.

Must have played this game about 3 times, last replay time I left off in the middle and just never returned to it. It's also amazing that the only dress sphere that eludes me is Mascot, idgi.

I dont remember why mascot is the last or hardest for most folks, but I did it like waay long time ago.

I enjoyed the games combat and the new magic system they used at the time made it unique and I think set the tone for future FF titles in a sense. heh.

The battle system and job system for this game were the only things that made it playable for me. However, now that I'm grown and married, I can't play this game in front of my wife unless I want to be accused of playing a girly game just so I can gawk at the cg girls in skimpy outfits. That kind of ruins the replay value.

The battle system was great, but the light-hearted relationships in between battles...

-Rikku/Paine

-Brother/Yuna

-Leblanc/Meyvn Nooj

-Dona/Barthello

-Hypello/shoopuf

...made the game outstanding!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last