View Poll Results: Does LOK still live?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's deader than moebius

10 18.87%
  • Yes. There will be 1 more game to end the series

22 41.51%
  • Yes: There is at least 2 more games left!

21 39.62%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [SPOILER] Will their be another LOK

Originally posted by Stukedogg

Any word on 6th Installment?

I'm chomping at the bit.....when can i expect another game??? Anyone have any info for me???

-Fallen
    fallen_aih@yahoo.com

- Confirmed but not announced
    - In pre-development stages
    - Jen, Richard and Kyle (The members of CD Amy left in charge) are working on it
    - Likely to be at next year's E3

That's about it I think.

I heard 2006 at earliest, and even that's probally not likely, I'm sooooo sad about it, but oh well, I got the rest of them

i truly hope they take as long as they NEED to because i dont want CRAP for my final LOK. it has to OWN all previous LOK's and if it takes 10 years... I'll wait. Eternity is relentless.. bwahahahaha

well i guess the camera will go back to the SR2 one couse most people hated the Defiance one(i personaly found it nice)well if it is out in two years then i think that would be enough for it,just as long as they make it without many bugs,they make a PC version on a DVD like the console ones,new graphics engine,and they make it a lot longer then Defiance,IMO,like SR2,Defiance was way to short,it takes me roughly 2 days to complete(with sleeping,eatin` & what not)

well if you put fact together between each game (with exception of BO1 + SR1) every game has taken a little over three years to come out with a sequel so surly to the great god above we wont havea very long wait. it'll pass by just like that. hopefully we wont have to wait 10 year like kakarot said. And i also think that defiance was a little too short and like the others the entire time you had those stupid forges to complete i didn't particularly like those.

Originally posted by Erving JeansBgone
    well i guess the camera will go back to the SR2 one couse most people hated the Defiance one(i personaly found it nice)well if it is out in two years then i think that would be enough for it,just as long as they make it without many bugs
    I agree the Defiance Camera was good I liked it And it will take as long as it will take god if only I had a time streaming device right now lol
    Do you not feel with all your soul how we have become like gods? And as such, are we not indivisible? As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion.~Kain

I liked the camera for defiance however it seemed to make you further away from the character and because they look so good you would hope to see more

What the next game needs is:

A. Better Camera system

B. Better Combat System

C. Better TK abilities

D. SWIMMING ABILITIES

E. Most importantly, NO MORE MUSIC REHASHING!!!
    send me an E-mail for information on another great saga other than the LoK series written by me.

Originally posted by Erving JeansBgone
    well i guess the camera will go back to the SR2 one couse most people hated the Defiance one(i personaly found it nice)well if it is out in two years then i think that would be enough for it,just as long as they make it without many bugs,they make a PC version on a DVD like the console ones,new graphics engine,and they make it a lot longer then Defiance,IMO,like SR2,Defiance was way to short,it takes me roughly 2 days to complete(with sleeping,eatin` & what not)
    ^^^^^^^^
    i seriously hope your kidding. i cant stand the SR2 camera. ya, it used to be okay, but i hated a few things about it. specificaly the fact that you had to hold L2 and aim to shoot off a telekinetic blast for the PS2. Dont play with my emotions.. please. Keep the Defiance cam... there's NOTHING wrong with it.

I think they'll weak the defiance camera. Because ALOT of people DESPISED it, but i worked well, just tech roblems made it bad.

My prediction is 2007. Its 3 years an installment, save the time between SR2 and BO2.

I like the defiance camera for the most part. (The trick is to have a zen attitude about where you are jumping.)

I would like the option of being able to walk around in first-person mode. That and having some sort of mention of the first-person mode in the training section.
    http://smokestock.deviantart.com | http://www.fanfiction.net/u/589342/ | http://smoke-z.deviantart.com

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.

Oh no its another Camera thread,
    not again.
    Yes yes yes a first person mode would rock, they could have a defiance soul reaver camera hybrid.
    Now for some news on Crystal Dynamics, the Official xbox magizine has said that they are working with somebody of the new Deus ex game this may put production times a bit.
    Also it says Chrystal dynamics are FAMED for creating the soul reaver series.
    Wahoo

Coo`...btw kakarot,i don`t want the SR2 camera back i`d like them to keep the Defiance one back but so many people hated it that i think the next one will have the SR2 one again,personaly i think the best thing would be if they`d make the a game option so that we`l be able to choose wich one we use so that there would be a 3d person wiew like in SR2 and the 3d person cinematic camera like in Defiance(btw Smoke_Z i doubt the first person wiew would be good in a LoK game)
    I loved the combat system,graphics,camera,the new TK thing,but i think it could have used better and harder puzles couse they were to easy in Defiance...Voradors mansion was to small and easy...but the biggest complaint i have to make about Defiance was the lenght,it was to short and most of the time you had these boring Raziel chapters in wich you had to go through the stupid forges they should of only made the ones that the Reaver was not upgraded with.Don`t get me wrong i`m a Raz fan but it was boring to play with him.As for Kain some of his chapters bugged me(forges again,but not so many as with Raz at least),and the fact that he couldn`t swim but he`s a vampire so i have to be understanding.

I doubt there will be an option to choose between SR2 and Defiance cameras because these 2 cameras use 2 different engines....but I doubt they will use the Defiance camera again because the series lost many fans because of it (dont get me wrong I prefer it)
    The combat system was perfect...Don't change anything with it...
    The TK system indeed can be better but I hope they dont make it complicated and hard to use...
    Also more difficult puzzles are needed...and they should avoid repeating the same places over and over...(no more Reaver elemental powers)
    http://sigstressumah.members.easyspace.com/koth.jpg
    "Come to me my undead son, make haste to the Pillars, the stage is set for the Grand Finale, you will have your vengence." Mortanius

I think there should be reaver upgrades, but they have to make it seem like you just come across it instead of having to solve a whole bunch of puzzles to open up more puzzles for more reaver upgrades.

They have to sew it in seemlessly.

Now that the Soul Reaver is whole I don't think upgrades would be needed but then you never know.

but they have to make it seem like you just come across it instead of having to solve a whole bunch of puzzles to open up more puzzles for more reaver upgrades.
    If you could upgrade the Soul Reaver, BigKevSexyMan is right about how to do it, rather than take up most of the Game trying to get them.

but I doubt they will use the Defiance camera again because the series lost many fans because of it
    Well they can't really be a fan of LOK then, I mean the story should be what makes you a fan rather than graphics or camera position. The graphics + camera position are just plus's in my view. I mean a lot of people didn't like BO2 because they thought it could have been done better, and perhaps it could have been, but it was just explaining an extention of the LOK story which I would think would be more important than graphics.
    Do you not feel with all your soul how we have become like gods? And as such, are we not indivisible? As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion.~Kain

Originally posted by Fury

Well they can't really be a fan of LOK then, I mean the story should be what makes you a fan rather than graphics or camera position. The graphics + camera position are just plus's in my view. I mean a lot of people didn't like BO2 because they thought it could have been done better, and perhaps it could have been, but it was just explaining an extention of the LOK story which I would think would be more important than graphics.
    I tottaly agree but Imeant that Defiance could've made many new fans of the series because of its amazing story but because of the camera it may have lost those fans...but for me I would play a LOK game even if it was 2D
    "Come to me my undead son, make haste to the Pillars, the stage is set for the Grand Finale, you will have your vengence." Mortanius

I see your point

Maybe in the adverts and perhaps even on the Menu screen for Defiance it should have mentioned the other games. That way at least people would know about them.

Originally posted by KainOFthehylden
    I doubt there will be an option to choose between SR2 and Defiance cameras because these 2 cameras use 2 different engines....but I doubt they will use the Defiance camera again because the series lost many fans because of it (dont get me wrong I prefer it)
    can i get a tally? i want confirmed numbers.

how many "so-called" fans of the series packed their bags and took a hike? if anything you may have had a few noobs upset or your occasional die hard SR fan complain (much like i did if you search for the original thread) but there's a pattern sequence for the camera any intelligent person would've figured that out by now. even i still catch myself trying to "beat" the camera by predicting it's every move...

Originally posted by KainOFthehylden
    but Imeant that Defiance could've made many new fans of the series
    it will. they just haven't discovered it yet. the numbers might not reflect their success at this very moment but eventually the right people will discover the LOK series. Most of us did.

if you examine this forum you'll find a wide variety of ages that make up the fan base. i think i spotted an 11, 12, and 14 year old posting somewhere around here!! i think some guy posted the other day that his son bought SR, hated it, out of curiosity he picked up the copy and is "officially" an LOK fan. I think he even purchased the whole series after that..

we dont know how many new fans have come aboard. we cant judge alone by internet forums or sales. i never bothered to look for a forum or website until last year myself and i've been at it over 5 years.. internet and all that forum junk.

because of its amazing story but because of the camera it may have lost those fans...
    so what.. they werent fans of the game. i'm not missing any of them.. most of them will come back for the next one anyway. the next wave of LOK fans haven't discovered it yet or are too busy playing with trucks and barbies..

Did i mention that my 4 year old nephew is an LOK fan? he love's Raziel and wonders why the Sarafan "dont like that boy" (..err.. why they wanna kill the blue guy).

he also might be the culprit behind the broken ankle.. hmm.

* interrogation time *

edited out: my rant.. ya'll dont wanna read that crap.

Originally posted by kakarot

so what.. they werent fans of the game. i'm not missing any of them.. most of them will come back for the next one anyway. the next wave of LOK fans haven't discovered it yet or are too busy playing with trucks and barbies..

Did i mention that my 4 year old nephew is an LOK fan? he love's Raziel and wonders why the Sarafan "dont like that boy" (..err.. why they wanna kill the blue guy).

he also might be the culprit behind the broken ankle.. hmm.

* interrogation time *

edited out: my rant.. ya'll dont wanna read that crap.
    LOL your nephew is funny
    U dont miss the new fans neither do I but Eidos miss their money...

ah yes.. money, greed, satan..

my nephew says:

"That boy can fly?" (interpretation: OMG!! look at Raziel glide!!")

"Why does that boy fly?" (interpretation: WTF?)

Big Grin LOL

I have a 4 year old brother that calls Raziel the plastiscene (sp?) man. LOL...he hates it when I laugh at him.

LOL..my sister and her 4 year son will come spend summer with us and I plan to let him play some LOK games and I'll see what he will come up with

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast