View Poll Results: Does LOK still live?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's deader than moebius

10 18.87%
  • Yes. There will be 1 more game to end the series

22 41.51%
  • Yes: There is at least 2 more games left!

21 39.62%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [SPOILER] Will their be another LOK

does ANYONE actaully even look at those petitions?

the one for the DVD release of cities of gold has about a hundred MILLION sigs on it and last I checked the chances of that happening as less than raziel growing out of kain's chest with a new, restored body.
    If it doesn't hurt you're not doing it properly

It's a lot better than just waiting around.

Using The Translating Program Jajajaa

If It Won't Have Ma Lok That Say It And Already!!!
    If It Won't Also Have Any Movie.
    But It Is Exasperating To See An And Another Time If There Are Novelties, And There Are Never Them.

The Idea Of A Stall Of Mail For Votings This Good One. But If The Programmers Don't Want To Neither Make Another Game It Will Serve As Anything.

I am hoping they do. I have played all the LOK (from Blood Omens to Soul Reavers ) on PC. I gave up on game platforms a long time ago. I hope if they do it will have a PC release. Game platforms expire to quick for me. I am always going to have a strong PC.

Big Grin What should the new one have!?

It needs to have a awsome multiplayer co op settting,that would be awsome! like later in the game,have Raziel released or something and be able to go through in co op with Raziel and Kain,or even a multiplayer fight setting would be awsome! Either that or it should at least have Raziel reborn or something...he was awsome in LoK series...all of em that he appears in he rocks!
    (Can't type any more for now,somethin cool is on TV!)

P.S. LoKefiance was badass! you should have made it were you could choose Kain or Raziel at the beginning,instead of switching through the story though!

U are wrong

soul reaver 1&2 were playstation exclusive.
    Soul reaver was on the dreamcast, and the graphics were far better than the playstation.
    Only what you do for JESUS is gong to Last!!

Well hello there!

New here to the forum as a user, browsed it numerous times though through the years whenever I was confused about the story. I've been playing since BO1, got madly addicted by the dark athmos, the brilliant voice acting and script and the unbelievably good storyline. Still havent figured everything out yet, but I still believe (nearly) everything in the storyline is as it should be and nearly no flaws or plotholes have been made, there are simply many more things I (or we) don't know. Which leads me to some interesting subjects that might be discussed in any potential new LOK game. I for one would like to know about the time of the ancients and the hylden, when they lived together on one mortal plain untill the ancient race embraced their "false" god and waged (religious) war on each other leading to the climactic set of events that made up the whole LOK series. Where and when did the elder God come from and how? What exactly does his "wheel of fate" truly entail and what would happen to the souls of the dead were it not to "turn"? What change would his defeat bring in this aspect? And if he is ultimately the reason of the great war and with it the hostility between the two races, and would die, is the restoration of the pillars still a neccesity?(after all, the ancients have been defeated, the hylden's enemies are no more) Are the hylden truly so inherently evil that they would but wish to conquer and enslave all of nosgoth (or did the demonic dimension make them this way) or were they actually a noble race before their banishment?(and may they somehow in some way still be?) After all, the ancients were the actual bad guys, unknowingly made so by the influence of the elder god, their false oracle. I'd like to play an ancient in the time just before the events that caused the great war until the end of it, to learn some of the mystery behind the original (non-vampire) Ancients, the Hylden and the Elder god. And ofcourse to see how the ancient race would be cursed and driven to insanity and desperation, commiting mass suicide. The player character preferably included, not able to bear the horror of what he/she has become.(no loose ends ). Then switch back to kain and see how he would finally destroy the elder god and restore Nosgoth to it's former grace. The EG appears later in the timeline, starting with raziel's creation so I assume he hasnt been defeated at the end of Defiance or SR1&2 could never have happened, right? Oh well, that's what I'd like for a story line anyway. Gameplay wise... hmm... A sr1 world with secret areas and optional sidequests for enhancements (magic, armor, legendary artifacts, whatever) would be nice. I love the plot driven gameplay done in LOKD but personally I want a little freedom to explore as well, I don't like only being able to go one direction the entire game. Fighting in LOKD ruled although I found myself using the same move over and over again at a certain point against certain enemies, so dont change too much there, just add a little more diversity in enemies and fighting styles and maybe borrow some inspiration from Prince of persias free-form fighting system to add a little environment interactivity. Oh and when fighting with kain, I do ofcourse wanna feel like I'm handling an elder demigod vampire, not some wuss (I did get that feeling in LOKD luckily). The camera.... well hey... just make it 3rd person and make sure I can see myself and the place im jumping to and it'll be fine with me... And please do FMV's like in SR they were absolutely magnificent! (the ones in BO were magnificent as well considering the time, they were the first to actually have some form of lip sync ^^ but that game's waaaaay too old to be a good example here). enough ranting for now, probably lots more later!

You seem to be on the ball Peregrinus...but I think I got an answer to one of your questions.

And if he is ultimately the reason of the great war and with it the hostility between the two races, and would die, is the restoration of the pillars still a neccesity?
    Yes, they would, especially since I believe it isn't exactly the hylden that are causing Nosgoth's decay, rather the demon dimension. I think that when the ancients opened the portal to the demon dimension they couldn't close it alone, so they created to pillars to keep the gate closed. As the pillars decay their door to the demon dimension began to open slightly. Eventually the demon dimension's decay sunk into Nosgoth to create the hellhole that was SR1's environment.

Yeah, info on the next game is scarce, and by scarce I mean non-existant. It hasn't even been officially announced to the best of my knowledge. I can tell you that chances are overwhelmingly strong that if there is another game, it will feature Kain, the Elder God, the Hylden, and probably a bunch of vampires
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Unfortunately, I just read that Amy and the other guys involved in the LoK games left Eidos, so I have this strange feeling we will never see another LoK game again.

Amy did leave, and so did several people who were supposed to take over for her. However, I'm pretty sure that there are still people at Crystal who helped make the LoK series and I'm sure that they could continue it

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if someone else did it. But the chances of another company doing this is slimmer than CD doing it.

I would sign the petition as well. Yet it's been said before a snail mail letter would most likely work better since it takes more time to do than an email.

I hope they do make a new game becuse that's the only way I'll let myself buy a PS3. I didn't buy my PS2 untill the day SoulReaver 2 came out. Also I would just buy one to play the new Tomb Raider since I would like to support CD but I have yet to be able to finish a TR game. I just can't seam to ever beat one.

I really think they are waiting for the PS3 since that way they can make sure the graphics are the best. They did it before, that's why Soul Reaver 2 did not coming out on the PS.

I just wish they'd tell us.

I'm wondering....has anyone ever asked them in person?

They'd probably just go "Umm... Well... You see... It's all a paradox! Goodbye. *runs off*"... Or something like that anyway...

Lightbulb **enter broken-record mode**

Quote Originally Posted by BigKevSexyMan
    I'm wondering....has anyone ever asked them in person?
    Not in person, but via other mediums; I'll assure you that the answer hasn't changed from what was posted before. One is being planned, but there are no other details available.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Could it help?

So I don't think its against the rules But I know that a lot of people here have fan sites, but does anyone have Blogs about the LOK series? As much as I hope they are already working on the next game since if they are not it could would mean we have alooooong time untill we see the next game.

Anyway my point is I have told everyone I know about the Games, bought my sister a used copy of SR, SR2, and defiance and will soon buy BO2. I am thinking about writing a blog about the series as well. It might help to get the word out about the Games incase there are those that might not know that these Games are out there.

Anyway maybe it's been done or a stupid Idea but I just started this whole Blogging thing and it was a thought I had.

Wink

Hey the dark one, "It might help to get the word out about the Games incase there are those that might not know that these Games are out there."

It would "help" to get the word out "if" they made a new game! to talk about.Talking about a 2+yr old game to others is USELESS,they've prolly already heard about it or just ain't interested.
    Sad is it is,it's BEST to just "let go" & if there's a new game ACT surprised

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I was watching an interview with one of the lead designers of Tomb Raider: Legend and he mentioned that the team that's working on Legend is the same team that worked on Defiance. I kind of figured that already, but I don't remember it being officially stated before. If there is another LoK, I'm sure we won't hear anything about it until Legend is officially finished.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithStar
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I was watching an interview with one of the lead designers of Tomb Raider: Legend and he mentioned that the team that's working on Legend is the same team that worked on Defiance. I kind of figured that already, but I don't remember it being officially stated before. If there is another LoK, I'm sure we won't hear anything about it until Legend is officially finished.
    WOAH! You're kidding me!

Well, if my faith in TRL being a good game wasn't strong before, it is now!

Well, let's only hope.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WraithStar
    That's an old tidbit, actually. The game is also made with the Defiance engine (another old tidbit).
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen
    That's an old tidbit, actually. The game is also made with the Defiance engine (another old tidbit).
    I knew about the Defiance engine I just never officially heard that the specific Defiance team was working on Legend, only that Crystal has several teams and I think that the BO2 team worked on Project Snowblind.

YES! That has given me hope for a new LOK game to be released again. Could it be that Eidos said that Defiance didnt make as much money as they presumed it would because LOK forums are one of the biggest fan based forums Eidos have? Maybe they were expecting sales close to that of Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness because of that reason. Maybe the new publisher/developer who have bought out Eidos won't expect the next LOK game to make as much money as Eidos thought Defiance would and try to continue the series(fingers crossed).

Hm, well, I hope that if TR:L sells poorly (heaven forbid, as I'm a TR fan m'self), that it won't prevent any future LoK games.

It is a shame 'Defiance' didn't sell very well. I found it to be my favorite game in the entire series and have been reccomending it to most of my friends. =/

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast