Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: Steam key for square enix store buyers?

Steam key for square enix store buyers?

I can't believe an "exclusive" title, was released elsewhere. The original exclusive buyers were only able to download for 30 days, and as a fix they give you 5 extra days to download....really, I'm not one to complain but it really seems like they are saying thanks for your money, buy it again if you don't like it.

Originally Posted by ThrobSteele

I can't believe an "exclusive" title, was released elsewhere. The original exclusive buyers were only able to download for 30 days, and as a fix they give you 5 extra days to download....really, I'm not one to complain but it really seems like they are saying thanks for your money, buy it again if you don't like it.

Yep, I was screwed over as well. This is equivalent to giving the userbase the proverbial middle finger. Talk about being the epitome of asininity. I'll gladly support Steam, but Square Enix, eff that!

Originally Posted by Gravity

[Final Fantasy VII launches on Steam!]
    eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy...

[Phil Elliott] - 04/07/2013 14:16
    [Hi folks, I've passed on your messages regarding Steam keys, but unfortunately it's not possible to give out keys to those who have already bought another version of the game. I understand that's not ideal for folks wanting to use Steam to launch the Square Enix Store version, so sorry about that.]

It most certainly is "possible," it's just that Square isn't wanting to do it. They'd rather try to get people to buy the game AGAIN on Steam. It can be done, and has been done with several other games. I recently got Steam keys for Ticket to Ride after its release on Steam, because I'd purchased it on their site last year. I've also gotten Steam keys for The Banner Saga after purchasing their game through Kickstarter. I also will have keys coming for Planetary Annihilation, Dead Linger, etc.

I've already purchased FF VII enough times. I bought the original PSX game. I had the original PC discs (given to me as a birthday present). I bought the digital version on my PS3, then again on PC through SE's store. The 30-day limit on downloads is absolute crap, and only serves to disrespect your paying customers. At least if you give Steam keys, you won't have to worry about creating a work-around for the 30-day limit you (& Digital River) had instituted. Steam takes care of it from there. It makes sense, and is the best way to serve your loyal customer base. Or is Square trying to cause fans to lose that loyalty (heaven knows FF XIV did some damage already)?

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We can see here that your download has expired nut no worries we were
    able to retrieve your download and reset it. It will be active until:
    7/11/13 2:46:27 PM CDT. Please make sure to save the download file on a
    disc or a flash drive for backup purposes to prevent this inconvenience
    from happening in the future.</pre>

</pre>

This is the response I get...how is keeping a physical copy preventing an inconvenience? I thought digital download was pretty convenient.</pre>

</pre>

This in no way makes up for this. Oh, and check the " nut no worries"</pre>

Has anyone tried "Add a Non-Steam Game to Library?" If I understand, it'll pick it up once it's added to Steam.

Originally Posted by imported_Joshua

Has anyone tried "Add a Non-Steam Game to Library?" If I understand, it'll pick it up once it's added to Steam.

What exactly is that suppose to do besides let everybody know that your playing Final Fantasy VII?

Your still stuck with the facebook achievments that nobody on steam will see. You added it as a non steam game, it will not get you steam acheivements, Also your still stuck with the fact that your download expires and theres a limited number of installations, and your still stuck with using digital river.

Adding non-Steam game to Library just creates a shortcut in your library, nothing else. Also it does not mean that if that game comes to Steam that it is added as a Steam game automatically, because it is just a shortcut that points to your non-Steam install.

Originally Posted by imported_Joshua

All that does is let you launch the game from Steam and access the in-game Steam overlay (Friends list, web browser, etc.). It doesn't add in the Steam achievements or remove the downright asinine DRM.

As much as I love FFVII, I won't go through with buying another copy on top of every other release I have of it. To do the customers wrong for reasons unspoken doesn't sit well in my eyes. I have purchased so many games released by SE in the past. If nothing comes of this, then future purchases won't be made.

I won't pay and I won't play. This is a garbage tactic as a money grab, so have my garbage complaint as your payment.

I guess I'm not buying anything digital from the store ever again, thanks Squeenix.

EDIT:

Man this is my first post and its a complaint...kinda lame. Anyway I bet they did that because they know people would end up buying it again on steam...gah i might :/ *tool*

Signed the petition and I'm also another pissed off fan!

If I knew it would be released on steam I'd wait for sure.

What good is a digital download game with cloud saves that you can only download once?

What good are acheivements if none of your friends, who actually play games on steam, can see them?

What good is an exclusive title if it's released elsewhere?

Well, one thing I know for sure, I'll never buy anything else from SE store.

Yep, I came here to see if everyone else was angry about the Steam release and I see I'm not alone. I haven't bought a non-steam game other than Minecraft for several years and when FF7 was released as an SE store EXCLUSIVE I bit the bullet and hoped for the best... what a disappointing outcome to say the least.

If SE could pull the trigger and release steam keys to those of us who funded this little cash-grab it would go a long way towards repairing their reputation. Though I'm not convinced they understand why gamers value a good digital distribution platform like Steam.

Sign the petition, email SE customer service, generally make some noise and hopefully they'll get the message.

Rolleyes

I will never buy another game directly from the Square website.

Originally Posted by FreedomRedeemer
    I will never buy another game directly from the Square website.
    Me neither, it's ridiculous that I should have to crack my copy of a game that I legitimately own every time I want to install it. Mine says that it's been installed too many times - hardly surprising that I've had to reinstall it considering how crap Windows is and how a lot of people like me have gone from Windows 7 to Windows 8 via all the preview (beta) versions. Like a lot of people here it's doubly annoying considering how I've already bought this game several times, on the PS1, the original PC version, the PS3 download version and now this one.

Securerom say I need to contact Square Enix because they need to sort out my activation limit, and Square Enix say it's Securerom's responsibility. This buck passing is pathetic and it means that I'll never buy one of their games ever again

Square Enix - have you ever heard of a thing called customer service? No? I didn't think so.

The draft Consumer Rights Bill sets out what rights and remedies you would have when you pay for digital content. It clarifies that digital content would have to be:
    of satisfactory quality,
    fit for purpose, and
    meet any description.
    If the digital content didn’t meet these quality rights, you would be entitled to a repair or a replacement of the digital content where practical, or failing that (that is, if the repair or replacement would take an unreasonable amount of time or cannot be done without significantly inconveniencing you), you would be entitled to some money back. You would only be entitled to return the faulty digital content for an immediate refund if the digital content was in a physical item (eg it is on a disk or embedded in goods such as a digital camera).

Other digital content rights would allow the trader to update the digital content within the terms of the contract, entitle you to a refund if the trader sold you the digital content without having the right to do so, and clarify that you could claim for limited damages if the trader fails to use reasonable care and skill to prevent the digital content (whether free or paid for) from damaging your device or other digital content.

Maybe we could get a refund through this, I wouldn't consider the game satisfactory, I had constant cloud save issues and now I cant install the game because it's activated on my old HDD and apparently nobody can help me! The description certainly isn't accurate since the game is NOT exclusive to the SE store, so we have atleast 2 valid claims to get a refund if they do no resolve the issue.

Otherwise it'd have to be legal action which goes to show how little Square Enix care about anything but their bank balance.

Problems with Final Fantasy VII

Ok. On December 8th of 2012 I bought Final Fantasy VII for my computer. My conformation email is as such:

YOUR ORDER RECEIPT

This order will appear on your bank billing statement as: "Square Enix Limited".

Purchased Product: FINAL FANTASY VII
    Net: 15.99 ***
    VAT 0.00%: 0.00 ***
    Sum: 15.99 ***
    Order #: SEE-STORE-37425
    Date: 08.12.2012
    Billing Address: John
    3435 **
    Payment Method: Globalcollect -

----------------------------------------------------------------

So I had the game on my HDD for a while but then had a drive malfunction and had to re-download it. This is where my problems start.

I log into my account on the site that I had originally downloaded the game and in my account it says I have the game but when I click the game to try and find a download link; there is none.

Is there a way you can help me by giving me a steam key for the game (which would be awesome) so I don't have to figure out where my game went ever again?

Thank you,
    John

I'm in the same boat hear guys. Anyway we can get steam codes for the games we buy from you?

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234