Thread: Steam key for square enix store buyers?

Steam key for square enix store buyers?

A quick question: you don't believe the SEE Head of Community, or is it the MU you don't put your trust in?

This is ridiculous and completely unacceptable. If I dont get a Steam key emailed to me by SE, I'm never buying another product from them again. First they discontinue the points system after me saving up points for years (and getting NOTHING for it), now they're screwing me over with this? What a joke. Count me in for joining any crusade against SE... no wonder they're struggling... MAKE THINGS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they will acknowledge this and other people that are complaining since it is not exclusive. Want this on my steam accound since it is 100 times easier to download and install than the third party they make us download our "exclusive" Final Fantasy 7.

I might be the only one to think its not that big of a deal but the limitation on the game download because of Digital River? I dont know I can access the download link with my order number from the mail I got by buying it, bought it last December.

Also it cost money to generate Steam Keys, its basically asking Steam to give out free keys and im sure there some rules to follow that could make SQEX have to pay for it.

My ticket has been told it would be answered in 2 days so If I got any news about any possibility il share but for now seems grim that wel get Steam keys.

Originally Posted by Gravity
    [Final Fantasy VII launches on Steam!]
    eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy...

[Phil Elliott] - 04/07/2013 14:16
    [Hi folks, I've passed on your messages regarding Steam keys, but unfortunately it's not possible to give out keys to those who have already bought another version of the game. I understand that's not ideal for folks wanting to use Steam to launch the Square Enix Store version, so sorry about that.]
    i saw this mass commented on several threads. i just find this simply unnaceptable considering the issues everyone has had with the game and the lack of customer support provided theirin. they also broke their word on exclusivity on their store, which is what they advertised, when they released the game on steam. essentially they tricked us into buying it through their incredibly dificult digital river service by lying and saying it would not be released anywhere else. if there was even the slightest posibility that they were going to release it via steam at a later date i would have absolutely waited! but this is not what happened, i as well as everyone else were lied too and told it would only be realeased via their store. i either want a refund or a steam key. lying to customers is the best way to loose them.

Lets be quite clear. There is no need for a lawsuit, you weren't 'damaged' by the claim of exclusivity, the best you'd get would be your money back, and I'm pretty sure there is no legal system that would let you take someone to court for $11.00.

The valid recourse is such. Start with customer service. You have to go through all reasonable official channels to get satisfaction, as any claim to the BBB is without warrant before this. A good company will respond to this and deal with this situation now.

Failing this, then the war begins. BBB in any country you happen to be in, as well as getting the story on Reddit, IGN and other Gamespot. Make a complaint to Valve itself and force Square Enix to accept responsibility for not providing the keys. Then put it on twitter, facebook, everything. We will be heard.

As it stands, I have a public livestream of my show in a little over 24 hours and an active twitter handle. If I have not received a satisfactory resolution or a 'we're working on it' (I'm not unreasonable, I know the infrastructure to do this will take longer than 24 hours) by that time, I will be forced to believe SquareEnix is simply making a cash grab by forcing its loyalest customers to buy the game again, and will begin taking the above mentioned action. I expect some form of response by 12:45 UTC on Saturday, July 6th, 2013. I mean this in no way as a threat, to be clear, SE has their recourses to take, and I as a customer have mine.

Originally Posted by Thorgal

I might be the only one to think its not that big of a deal but the limitation on the game download because of Digital River? I dont know I can access the download link with my order number from the mail I got by buying it, bought it last December.

Also it cost money to generate Steam Keys, its basically asking Steam to give out free keys and im sure there some rules to follow that could make SQEX have to pay for it.

My ticket has been told it would be answered in 2 days so If I got any news about any possibility il share but for now seems grim that wel get Steam keys.

If you bought it last december. then the link has expired, which means you cant download it again. If anything were to happen to your downloaded installer its gone.

unlike steam where it can be redownloaded again.

In anticipation. I have created a formal petition to Squares heads of public relations, Miss Emily Shoji (Assistant Director of Public Relations - Responsible for the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series), and Mr Reilly Brennan, Senior Director of Public Relations. You may find this petition here.

www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/square-en...

I will be providing updates on my 'Online' facebook page 'Eh+ Gamer' as they come available. Please share and spread this petition.

www.facebook.com/EhPlusGamer

Signed the petition, lets hope they reconsider. Ive bought FF7 enough times already and I cant access two of my PC versions (old 1998 discs and Square-Enix Store one).

Originally Posted by bunnymoon

If you bought it last december. then the link has expired, which means you cant download it again. If anything were to happen to your downloaded installer its gone.

Nope can still download it again via www.findmyorder.com with my email and last 5 digit of my CC, just did.

any idea why mine routes me to tera.enmasse.com/maintenance?

and when i ask for a password reset to the download it says:
    The password you requested is: PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER
    </password_based_on_order></password_based_on_order>

Signed.

Originally Posted by exileofdreamz

Signed.

Same

Originally Posted by iokens

No idea why it routes you to Tera website.

As for password theres none, you basically have to contact Digital River customer service to get one. Or the easiest way to get to your order is with your email and last 5 digit of CC used to buy it.

The password is your SE account password. Or.. at least it should be. I had a problem similar to this. Turned out I had two accounts under the same name with multiple passwords. It was odd.

But yes. I signed the petition.

Come on Square-Enix. We deserve it, the serial for the SE store version should work for the steam version!

And on top of that, I bought the game on release, and cant download it again because of your damn 30 day thing.... Great way to tell you like your costumers..

Originally Posted by Gravity

[Final Fantasy VII launches on Steam!]
    eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy...

[Phil Elliott] - 04/07/2013 14:16
    [Hi folks, I've passed on your messages regarding Steam keys, but unfortunately it's not possible to give out keys to those who have already bought another version of the game. I understand that's not ideal for folks wanting to use Steam to launch the Square Enix Store version, so sorry about that.]

It most certainly is "possible," it's just that Square isn't wanting to do it. They'd rather try to get people to buy the game AGAIN on Steam. It can be done, and has been done with several other games. I recently got Steam keys for Ticket to Ride after its release on Steam, because I'd purchased it on their site last year. I've also gotten Steam keys for The Banner Saga after purchasing their game through Kickstarter. I also will have keys coming for Planetary Annihilation, Dead Linger, etc.

I've already purchased FF VII enough times. I bought the original PSX game. I had the original PC discs (given to me as a birthday present). I bought the digital version on my PS3, then again on PC through SE's store. The 30-day limit on downloads is absolute crap, and only serves to disrespect your paying customers. At least if you give Steam keys, you won't have to worry about creating a work-around for the 30-day limit you (& Digital River) had instituted. Steam takes care of it from there. It makes sense, and is the best way to serve your loyal customer base. Or is Square trying to cause fans to lose that loyalty (heaven knows FF XIV did some damage already)?

Originally Posted by iokens

I've ran into the same thing as the rest of you here. It's likely routing you to the tera website because that was the last order you unintentionally placed with Digital River. As it turns out there's a few other companies using digital river but you never know it because most companies offer local downloads and only use DR for the transaction process.

For example mine was going to LOTRO, then I bought BF4 and now it goes there. It simply goes to the game that you most recently bought through their service. I think it's sad that I figured this out within a few moments, yet the people in charge at Digital River don't have a clue how this works.

They also have no idea that we're getting emails saying "password_based_on_order" etc. I went through all of this with their customer service department over the phone and they were utterly clueless. They're suppose to be looking into it, but I won't hold my breath.

Rather then forcing all of us loyal fans to go through this nonsense, Square-Enix should just give us all Steam codes. I mean for god sakes they can verify our purchases!

I agree with this, Steam keys should be given to those who were boned by Digital River's crap. It's bad enough some people were able to get the game prematurely (at least they gave refunds), but Steam keys would be nice

I really hope they wind up letting us redeem the game on Steam if we previously bought it from their online store. I can't even download the darn installer anymore since it's outside the 30-day window (or 60, I forgot which one it was; either way, I tried downloading a week ago, and I couldn't even though I still had two installs left with my keys), which is a load of crap if I wind up having to wipe my laptop's hard drive again.

Please throw us a bone, Square. We bought the game with its crappy DRM, at least let us play the game without it now that there's such a version available. I really don't want to buy the game again just so I don't have to deal with crappy, restrictive DRM.

Originally Posted by bunnymoon

Nope can still download it again via www.findmyorder.com with my email and last 5 digit of my CC, just did.

Huh. That actually works for me.

I think we should be able to get free steam keys even if we have to go as far as to PM square-enix emploees our order codes, Serial Numbers, and Unlock Codes to prove we have bought a SE copy. even thought it soulnds archeic and unsafe, they should have thought about the backlash about not setting up a system to give paying customers (that actually gave more money to them cuz steam gets a cut if you buy it on there) and longtime fans simpler access to the game even after they took our easy and direct download page away.

Originally Posted by Lukar

I really hope they wind up letting us redeem the game on Steam if we previously bought it from their online store. I can't even download the darn installer anymore since it's outside the 30-day window (or 60, I forgot which one it was; either way, I tried downloading a week ago, and I couldn't even though I still had two installs left with my keys), which is a load of crap if I wind up having to wipe my laptop's hard drive again.

Please throw us a bone, Square. We bought the game with its crappy DRM, at least let us play the game without it now that there's such a version available. I really don't want to buy the game again just so I don't have to deal with crappy, restrictive DRM.

Couldnt agree more!

Would it be of any help if somebody who didn't actually buy the game off the SquareEnix website were to sign the petition? I ask because the first thing I thought when I saw it on Steam the other day was "they better give everybody who bought that game off the SquareEnix website a Steam key after all the garbage and bs they've had to deal with." And now with their PR saying that it's "not possible" to give Steam keys to those people is just a slap in the face because anybody who has played much any digital games know that's complete horse crap. It's very possible and while SE may have to pay some amount per key they distribute to Valve, they more than owe it to everybody who was loyal enough to buy that game despite knowing what they were getting into (or not knowing in the case that they bought it immediately, which is even worse). But it seems like it was nearly unplayable between what I've read about the download/drm issues and the cloud save file corruption issues, so I definitely want to help if I can even though I refuse to support garbage like that by purchasing it. But being a loyal SE customer myself, having invested a ton of money into Square, Enix and SquareEnix games over the past 20+ years, I certainly feel people's pain on this matter and want to see SquareEnix do the right thing, though it would be highly preferable if people didn't have to constantly jump hurdles just to try and get them to do something they should have done from the beginning.

Agreed. The number of problems I had with getting this game to work from the SE store, not to mention the ridiculous 3-computer DRM, makes this additional issue of steam access unacceptable.

I woulda waited if I knew it was coming to steam. And in the back of my head, I assumed they would provide steam access keys if it was ever released on steam.

Great way to ruin a game with bad corporate decisions/bad technical support. Turning into EA? Maybe SE will win the worst company of the year this year? Bet they want that golden poo award.

/end DRM-driven rant

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last