Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: FINALFANTASYVIIPC.com

FINALFANTASYVIIPC.com

New domain name registered by Square Enix: whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyviipc....

That's interesting. Wonder if that's just for domain holding purposes or if they're reissuing/doing something.

They had a pc version all those years ago, so I'm sure they are just holding onto it for domain reasons.

Yeah, I'd say this is IP protection for now and not get my hopes up for anything.

Yeah I've seen my dad play it on PC long ago when I was in middle school. :P

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner

Yeah I've seen my dad play it on PC long ago when I was in middle school. :P

*Coughs* Whenever they talk about their parents playing the game long ago, those are the times when I truly feel old...

...and my copy of the PC version is still like new.

Originally Posted by DerekMaverick

They had a pc version all those years ago, so I'm sure they are just holding onto it for domain reasons.

This. There was a PC version 14 years ago. I have it.

web.archive.org/web/20080202054141/http:...

Hmm..

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-21-fi...

The fresh version will include Steam features such as achievements (36 of them) and cloud saving as well as online profiles for you to compare game progress with friends.

There will also be a new Character Booster item to max-out your HP, MP and Gil levels for when you "find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down"

I'll stick with it on my PSP and soon to be Vita thanks.. and a character booster? Like the game is that hard..

semna30.webs.com/FFVIIPCcom.png

Yuffie is back to being 16 years old again, instead of 19 as in the PSN release (na.square-enix.com/ff7psn/).

She's always been 16, they just say she's 19 on the site to make the Cloud x Yuffie date less pedo?

If she's 19 during FFVII, then she certainly wouldn't be what she is in Crisis Core.

I wonder what it says in the digital instruction manual of FFVII for the PSN release, considering it's just a copy of the PS1 version.

It was meant as a joke. ^_-

Typos will always be typos, just like how Vincent says "So Sephiroth knows he was created five years ago?" after having listened to Cloud's story.

Too bad they never fixed it, but I can see where 6 and 9 could be mixed up..

SE NA sites in general are pretty meh compared to the Japanese counterparts.

Well, I don't mind as long as the websites doesn't get region locked. That would be a bother...

It's too bad that the European websites often seem to expire, though.

And here we go:

"PC game available soon for download on

finalfantasyviipc.com/"

"Enjoy the all-time RPG classic on your PC, now with a host of new online features"

"Optimized for PC – FINAL FANTASY VII has been updated to support the latest hardware and Windows Operating Systems."

Achievements

"Whether you’re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan."

Character Booster

"Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure."

Cloud Saves

"Whether you’re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off, all you need is an internet connection."

FINAL FANTASY VII for PC - Announcement Trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4TgU4SKLc

EU Store: store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_en/pc-wind...

Available Exclusively on the SQUARE ENIX Store

planetoftheapeslaugh.gif

Going to get it as soon as I can.

finalfantasyviipc.com/us

Seems it's coming to the USA as well.

Indeed. There is a bar at the bottom of the page where you can choose your region.

I personally hope SE will release it on Steam, instead of it being solely a store exclusive. It's one of the major things that is holding me back in considering buying it digitally.

I'm going to take a lame joke and point out Cloud saves! Cheesy but it makes me laugh. But the character booster makes me a bit angry. I understand it but when you use it takes away game enjoyability and challenge, not like it was really all that challenging though.

Bummer for no physical copy. I know that's not how the PC gaming market works anymore, but I love my physical library. Don't see it happening, but would love a Mac release. Less hurdles to go through that way for me.

My old PC copy is good enough for me, even though it's impossible to play it nowadays without the fan patches, and that is exactly why I am looking forward to the new version.

That's the real reason I'm willing to shell out money and get a new copy. Aerith! Cometeor (not that they'll call Comet 2 by its literal name, but hey)! Graviga! I'd be crushed if it just ended up being the PSX translation again.

A new translation would be more than nice, but I don't expect it to happen.

I think it's less likely to happen with this release than with other ports (i.e. Finest FANTASY for Advance), but the dork in me can always hope. Not to mention I feel VII's translation was pretty hard to follow at times. It could use some cleaning up beyond spells and items.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last