Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Defiance Reviews Thread **SPOILERS**

Thumbs Up Official Defiance Reviews Thread **SPOILERS**

Hey there,
    I just wanted to start a Legacy of Kain: Defiance Reviews thread for all of you that have the game so far. Let us know what you think of it so far and how far you are in the game.

Please make sure to make use of the SPOILER vB code as not to spoil the game and story to others not as lucky to have the game yet.

Vae Victus!

~Chris
    Christopher Bruno ~ QA Manager ~ Crystal Dynamics ~ Mastering ~ Eidos Inc
    cbruno@crystald.com

The new camera angle is a real change from the other games.
    I like it because it is harder to get lost in rooms that have a symetry about them, and you can see more action, but I prefer the older style of the camera following the character.

Overall The game is what I have been hoping for.

I really don't know if that is even really a spoiler, but C.Y.A.

Big Grin

Not so sure about the new camer but I'll get used to it. That aside this game rocks thanks to all for your hard work.

Re: Official Defiance Reviews Thread **SPOILERS**

Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
    Hey there,
    I just wanted to start a Legacy of Kain: Defiance Reviews thread for all of you that have the game so far. Let us know what you think of it so far and how far you are in the game.

Please make sure to make use of the SPOILER vB code as not to spoil the game and story to others not as lucky to have the game yet.

Vae Victus!

~Chris
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thats very considerate of you Chris! I thought I just check this Thread. I know I shouldn't be here postin messages. I'm a PAL Gamer You wont see my name here in this Thread again. But just wanted to thank you for clarifying

"Please make sure to make use of the SPOILER vB code as not to spoil the game and story to others not as lucky to have the game yet" Very kind Thank you..

I have to agree about the camera it's the only thing that's bugging me about the game. I need it in back of the character so I can center myself for a jump.

Other than that the game rocks.

Enjoying everything about it! Used up all my creativity posting my rate&review over at Gamespot, but what little shreds I have left say...
    "The new gameplay and combat is incredibly intuitive and fun! No urges to just jump&run over opponents!"
    "I'm enjoying the new camera-yes, it took an adjustment period, but it really is very nice... at least in this stage of the game."
    Overall-a game that will appeal to casual gamers and um, enthusiastic fans.

And my last comments: Yay Ben and Umah, and Willow and all them! Made it into the game pamphlet! That was actually the first and only thing I looked of the game pamphlet. Big congrats!

Chapter 6

I am in chapter 6 right now and...

Well, i just finished and i'm extremely pleased at how it all came together. I'm kinda tired so maybe i'll post a bit later with more detail, but I just wanted to say that it was a pretty darn good game. I felt and technical issues were made up for by the gameplay/atmosphere/story. Great job to all involved!

Quickly, 2 of my favorite parts:

Oh and
    has a neato sword.

I'm exhausted, but I just can't stop playing. It's just toooo good!!
    I wanna see another cinematic moment I'm just on chapter 7 - Aaaggh!

Just finished Avernues Cathedral and ...

just finished and..

Exclamation

This...

game is killing me.

I can't resist the spoilers..
    Did not read any yet.
    This is really one of the hardest things to do. It feels the same as quiting smoking.
    I don't think i can take it for two months without isolation.

I'm to Vorador's Mansion. I'm having a great time, and I love this game.

Ummm Chris. I have connections, would you like me to kill some people at gamespot for that lousy review. Really it wouldn't be a problem. Just give sometime to finish Defiance first.

Guys, what about the facial animation ? Is it like in Soul Reaver 2 ?

Originally posted by RA Fox
    Guys, what about the facial animation ? Is it like in Soul Reaver 2 ?
    I actually liked it a bit better in SR2, as well as some of the character models. But yes, it's similar to Soul Reaver 2.

Thanks for the info Jashugan

I'm also at Vorador's mansion, lovin' this game

Thus far I've enjoyed the game even though I found it very boring in the first few chapters. I have just 2 main things I'd like to address:

Originally posted by Unholy Messiah
    Thus far I've enjoyed the game even though I found it very boring in the first few chapters. I have just 2 main things I'd like to address:

I can't really say for sure, since I don't have the game, but I think it has to do with the fact that

I have a question for those who have it obviously:

Whoa!

That game was so COOL! Talk about unexpected twists. I just finished it and I have about only three words for it:

Never would have thought it would turn out the way it did. One more thing after Defiance will there be another game or was this it? Great job though. Keep 'em rolling.

wonderful game, now tell eidos to get the darn pal version done. those poor pal players all this gloating, spoiling, rubbing in their faces....

it's just too bad you can't please PAL players as much as you have pleased me with the story.

Good lord, how do you fit 10 horus of gameplay into one day!? Did you not eat or are you all jobless/out of school?

I liked this one as least as much as Blood Omen 1

Blood Omen was my favorite of all the games. I have to say of all the Legacy of Kain games Blood Omen 2 was by far the worst. It was just soo gothic and totally messed up the story in many ways. The whole reason I liked Legacy of Kain was because it was the first I had ever seen about vampires that was not gothic. Vorador should have never been alive in it. Kain said he could never make a race of his own in it yet he did.

Legacy of Kain series are by far my favorite game and story of anything I've ever heard. The fighting in this game is really great. Kain is hilarious in his actions and the voice actors are really good. The graphics are great and everything about it. It took me two days to beat it of roughly 14 hours or so. I never became stuck but once or twice for more than 10 minutes.

Thank you for making the game and can't wait for the next one. In the next legacy of Kain game it would be good if they keep all their old abilities they've had through out all the games and not have to get them over again but I guess you need something to do in the game.

Just started chapter 10

Now on chapter 12!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast