Thread: Curious about switching from PSP to VITA

Curious about switching from PSP to VITA

dissidia was like the best games i have eva played and i think there should b another cycle wit more characters and since the ps vita just came out it would b a big hit since theres not many games for it, there should be all the chacaters from dissidai 12 and some others including kingdom hearts as DLC i think that would be the most successful game thats ever been made

Brandt (4 Heroes of Light), Kuroki Kaze (FF Unlimited), Snow Villiers (FFXIII), Ramza Beoulve (FFT), Ashe B'nargin Dalmasca (FFXII), angeal Zack Fair (Crisis Core), Noctis Lucim Caelum (FFXIIIversus), Sora(KH)

Chaos (FF 4 Heroes of Light), Shiroi Kumo Makenshi (FF Unlimited), Cid Raines (FFXIII), High Seraph Ultima (FFT), Vayne Carudas Solidor (FFXII),Vincent Valentine (FF7), Seifer Almasy (FFVIII), Seymour Guado (FFX), Genesis Rhapsodos (Crisis Core), Stella Nox Fleuret (FFXIIIversus) Riku(KH)

How about, Dissidia on PS3.

That would be a great idea (make it cross-platform play as well). I'd welcome PSN trophies to this installment as well as long-term gameplay.

PS3/V would be nice, and I would welcome more characters added into the game, even if it's DLC. I really want to see characters like, Locke (FFVI) Nanaki (FFVII) Rinoa (FFVIII) Garnet (FFIX) Kimahri (FFX) Balthier (FFXII) Hope (FFXIII) as for bad guys they could put Genisis (FFVII:CC) Seymour (FFX) I cant really think of any others, I mean Queen Burnhe from FFIX would be funny but I think she's too big to be a playable villian lol.

I'm wondering if anyone ever switched from one system to the other, and my other question is can you convert your psp save file over to the VITA for use? How different are the controls?

I switched from a PSP to a Vita, and to me the controls are almost the same except for the 2nd joystick & smaller buttons. In order to transfer save files from PSP to Vita, you must put them on your PC and use the Content Manager on the PC to transfer it on to the Vita.

I would like to see a Dissidia on the Vita as well. I would like to see characters like Vincent (FFVII) & Yaag (FFXIII) make an appearance in a Dissidia game.

I switched as well and had no problem transferring my save data over. The only problem with switching, though, is that if you don't have a PS3, you might not be able to access the Dissidia DLC on your Vita. It's can't be downloaded directly from the PSN on the Vita, so I had to use a workaround with the PS3.

The controls work fine but after spending about 400 hours with the first Dissidia and 012 on a PSP, my muscle memory has had a bit of a hard time adjusting to playing on the Vita. It feels a little weird since the Vita is a different size, but nothing that time and practice won't overcome I'm sure.

Would love to see a 3rd Dissida, though it doesn't seem like Nomura/SE is interested in doing it anytime soon. Personally, I think Fang (XIII) would make an excellent addition to the Chaos side, since none of the XIII villains were fleshed out or particularly interesting enough to be included in a future Dissidia and she seems like she'd fit well enough into the "anti-hero" category next to Jecht.

Originally Posted by Oerba

Would love to see a 3rd Dissida, though it doesn't seem like Nomura/SE is interested in doing it anytime soon. Personally, I think Fang (XIII) would make an excellent addition to the Chaos side, since none of the XIII villains were fleshed out or particularly interesting enough to be included in a future Dissidia and she seems like she'd fit well enough into the "anti-hero" category next to Jecht.

I thought i heard as 012 was coming out that it would be the absolute last one, which means there probably won't be one for Vita/ps3.

if 012 d last one den square enix need to step it up to a while new level den

Originally Posted by Oerba

Agreed. In general, Dissidia needs more female characters and fang is one of my prime candidates. Others include....

Yuffie kisaragi. As much as I do love me some tiffa, yuffie was the better character in ff7. Long range weapon meaning no long range materia, critical hits like...... ALL DAY, and had the second best set of multi-hitting limmit breaks next to cloud IMO, greased lighting anyone? Not to mention she's a real ninja (no offense onion knight) with a huge kunai on her back

Beatrix. She SHOCKED! us all into submission in Burmecia,promptly took our names and never returned the stolen property LOL. Then we later find out she has a softer side.

Freya. Who are we kidding! Without her reis's wind, we'd be lying in a ditch long ago, one dug by Beatrix no less.

Ash barnargan-whuteva. She kicked it hard. Looking at her maxed out stats, her and vann were the strongest characters in 12.

Fang. One of only three characters I could stomach let alone liked in 13. Her spunkieness and sex appeal rivals lightnings (tho she was originally slated to be a....... HE. Don't kno how I feel about that).

and finally Agrias and Ultima from tactics. I miss the flashy holy swordskill antics. One of my biggest gripes with the war of the lions is the fact that they took out the incantations.