• Great idea, I'd love to see it.

100 78.13%
  • Bad idea, it would ruin the series.

5 3.91%
  • It will never happen.

23 17.97%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Blood Omen 1 Remake Discussion

Are the load times really the same on PS1 vs. PS2? I kept hearing that the PS2 had faster load times. If I see a cheap PS1 anywhere, I guess I'll buy it. By the way, BO1 is really $200? I got my copy, used but in fairly good condition, for $7. I actually got carded, too. All of my friends are busy getting carded trying to sneak into clubs and I'm getting carded buying video games

rabban Guest
    not sure all i know is there is a option to make the ps2 look smooth and/or load faster but i never noticed...get a ps2 dude...get it so you can play all the lok games as they were intended...on a console system.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WraithStar
    Are the load times really the same on PS1 vs. PS2? I kept hearing that the PS2 had faster load times. If I see a cheap PS1 anywhere, I guess I'll buy it. By the way, BO1 is really $200? I got my copy, used but in fairly good condition, for $7. I actually got carded, too. All of my friends are busy getting carded trying to sneak into clubs and I'm getting carded buying video games
    Speaking of being carded; I was carded when I recently purchased Fable. My friend wasn't when he bought Marvel Nemesis. I told the cashier this was as if I were getting carded for Mario.

I ended up with BO1 (used for PSX) a few years ago from what is now GameStop. I believe I only spent about $10 USD.

rabban Guest
    ...i once got birth certificate...ed...they thought i was too old for dodge ball...i showed them...heheh...

Quote Originally Posted by rabban
    sr1 actually looks a lil better on the ps2 also.
    ? What looks better? I wish the framerate was better when u move to the spectral realm

Quote Originally Posted by WraithStar
    I mean its worth $200 to me, (and maybe to you as well)

I don`t know really. The load times could be a bit faster. perhaps 15%. Instead of 6, 5 seconds for example..

rabban Guest
    What looks better? I wish the framerate was better when u move to the spectral realm.
    the textures, when you pick the option to run it.

which option?

rabban Guest
    turn on the ps2 without a game in it...i cant remember past that...it's always been set there once i figured it out...it just makes the textures a tad smoother...saw it in a mag once and it even used sr1 as an example.

I wandered down to the mall yesterday to see what the GameStop had. They did have some used PS1's for $20, but when I looked closer, both of them had controllers stained yellowish brown and there were visible coffee stains on the actual machine casing, so I decided that it's best to just pass them up The PS2's are still $150 so I'm waiting until they get a little cheaper. I'll have to remember to do that texture-upgrade when I do get one Oh, while I was there I got a PS1 savecard for $3. I have no way of knowing if it works, but it looks like it's in very good condition. There aren't any scratches, dents, or chips on the case, so I assume it hasn't been kicked around, and there isn't any rust or anything like that on the metal inside that I could see. Also, it's a really pretty shade of green

coffeestains??

Hm the controller do get a bit brown when they are used alot I think ye.

Used units are okay, (My PS2 was used, and it's been functional since used units were $178,) used controllers are not.

The original sony controller that came with the ps2 is fine, but the used pelican controller was twitchy and I returned it for the new version. (Actually, my pelican is twitchy now too, but I abused it.)

I am definitely getting a new controller. I don't want to buy a used unit either, though, because I have no idea who owned it before me so I don't know if they abused it or not (and yes, the used PS1's did have coffee stains on them, at least I hope those were coffee stains... ). Anyhow, if a new PS2 is $150 right now, I wonder what the chances are that it will be $75 when PS3 comes out? Right now, they give a 30% discount for buying used. I hope they give a 50% discount for buying obselete Oh, not that anyone cares, but I saw another copy of BO1 used in the same store I got mine and it was *so* beat up...anyhow, I am now convinced that I actually paid $9 for my copy, not $7 like I said before. I know it doesn't matter, but knowing that I said something incorrect really bothers me if I don't try to fix it.

Who thinks a next gen Blood Omen remake would rock?

After replaying the entire LoK series last week, and looking at the screen shots for Oblivion, I decided it would be friggin awesome if we got a remake of the original Blood Omen for the next gen systems.

Who else is with me?

If you're not cool with a remake, what about a Tales of Nosgoth spinoff where you get to choose what you want to do or be?

Whoops, my post doesn't make any sense not that it was moved over here, but oh well.

Blood Omen 1 is non-existant now, and my copy is messed up. When I was replaying it last week, the cut scenes kept freezing up or skipping. Since a remake seems unlikely after reading the first page, how about they port Blood Omen and Soul Reaver (the Dreamcast edition) onto one PS2 disc and release it as a double pack similar to what other games have done?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112