Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dragon Quest VII

Dragon Quest VII

Dragon Quest VII

I mean it was nowhere near as good as any other game in the series, but for a Wii port early (ish) on it's library, I thought this was a fairly decent game with some good replay value. I wouldn't mind seeing a future Wii-U release for another title similar :P it was one of the best/only all motion games I've played to this day on the Wii.

YeaIm almost finished with the game!

Dragon Quest VII

Can I call it the most elusive and least known of the lot if it's the one that sold most copies in Japan? I've heard some great and some terrible things about this game. I know for instance it's the longest of the bunch but it also takes 2 hours just to get started. I've seen some gameplay videos and to tell the truth I'm liking it so far! But I want to know if you would guys recommend this game. Would you?

I would if it wasn't so hard to get. The copy I have doesn't work =\ And it's freakin' expensive.

SO yeah, as the only DQ game I haven't been able to play all the way through and beat ._.

It's definitely my all time favorite DQ, but yes it is long.

Originally Posted by Tiael

It's definitely my all time favorite DQ, but yes it is long.

Pretty much this. I also think it and DQV have the best story of the bunch, though I do love them all.

Yeah, this version needs a remake or port to a newer system!

I had always hoped for a Dragon Quest: Swords 2 using Wii Motion Plus.

I liked it

and we may get a second one eventually

I'd definitely like a port/remake. More comfortable that way, and people who haven't played it can get into one of the best in the series IMO.

Originally Posted by Draggy

I'd definitely like a port/remake. More comfortable that way, and people who haven't played it can get into one of the best in the series IMO.

This is true, a 3DS remake should happen.

Imagine the sales in Japan? And I would be one to line up to buy it in North America.

Originally Posted by Tiael

And I would be one to line up to buy it in North America.

One of the reasons, why it's a good idea is so that the folks here in Europe can finally play the game too.

Plus, with the graphics of the 3DS it'll look much better. Let's be honest, DQVII isn't the most pretty looking game (even for the PSX era).

I forgot, you had to emulate it to play it yeah? Sucky.

I don't expect them to do the graphics up much, but I'd even take a better looking Zenithia trilogy graphics (which already looks awesome)

Yeah. WHo knows, maybe they could go all out and make it on the wii u to fleash out that massive world with graphics like DQX will have on the Wii U, though we haven't seen that version yet...

Probably not Wii U, but I fully expect a remake on most likely the 3DS given how well it is selling lately.

Who knows when that will happen though, maybe after DQX releases this August we will hear news of a VII remake?

That sounds reasonable. I'd take the remake on whatever as long as I own it XD

I'll definitely get it then! Hope it happens...

Me too, It has to be one of their next projects. Maybe we'll hear about it at this year's TGS

Going back and re-playing older games and got the urge to start a new DQ VIII game. For the record, I haven't picked up this game in years, but I had forgotten one of the true pleasures of this title..merely running around and looking at the scenery. Level 5 did one hell of a job with this game, and it feels like you're really immersed in this world. Watching the sun rise and set over a mountian, plodding around and getting into random battles, this game had it all. (Great villain? That's debatable...) As with all DQ titles, the soundtrack is wonderfully soothing. Love this game! Yangus is the BEST!!!

Anyone else play this one?

I have; heck, I've tried all the numbered games of the series.

I did manage to beat Dhoulmagus, but when tring to get everything all set for the events after that, my memory card decided to go kaput, so I have to restart all over again!

It has been a while since I have played DQ VIII as well. I've been thinking of playing again too, actually. It is one of my favorite DQ games, mainly because of the story and beautiful graphics. Ha, now I want to play it!!

Current playthrough:

Hours spent in game: 56

Where I'm at: Just used the Sun Mirror at the Dark Ruins

Best items currently equipped:

Main character: Zombie Slayer

Spiked Armor

Mighty Armlet

Yangus: Uber War Hammer

Gigant Armor

Elevating Shoes

Jessica: Dragontail Whip

Robe of Serenity

Angelo: Mercury's Rapier

Sage's Robe

Highest skills:

Main Character: Omniheal

Yangus: Parallax

Jessica: Sexy Beam

Angelo: Flame Slash

Dhoulmagus will not know what hit him!

23. After hearing about VII, I got to thinking...what about Dragon Quest VIII? Namco ported over Tales of the Abyss, another PS2 RPG, which I have, and am hoping to hear an announcement down the road for Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS...a 3D version with various new features, like SpotPass and capturing monsters to fight against people you pass by...or trade with other players.

I also hope the 3 Wii titles come out here....Dragon Quest X (as well as the Wii U version), Battle Victory Road and the release of NES and SNES versions of Dragon Quest I to III on the Wii as well.

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki
    Going back and re-playing older games and got the urge to start a new DQ VIII game. For the record, I haven't picked up this game in years, but I had forgotten one of the true pleasures of this title..merely running around and looking at the scenery. Level 5 did one hell of a job with this game, and it feels like you're really immersed in this world. Watching the sun rise and set over a mountian, plodding around and getting into random battles, this game had it all. (Great villain? That's debatable...) As with all DQ titles, the soundtrack is wonderfully soothing. Love this game! Yangus is the BEST!!!

Anyone else play this one?
    Greetings! Yes! i played DQ VIII and even battleled hundreds of liquid metal slimes in a top of a mountain to attain level 100! Even passed the Dragon Trials to earn the special Ring that influences a the story's end. For me it is the most breathtaking one of the series!

Greetings! I am glad to hear this! Since i've only play a small part of the ps1 title of DQ VII, i might as well play on 3DS completely or perhaps on my PS Vita too?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last