Thread: DX:IW website music

DX:IW website music

DX:IW website music

hey was just wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the music that plays on the website for invisible war. I know it's prolly just a song designed by the ionstorm team but i figured i'd try my luck anyhow.

i aint a clue, but i like it. i think it wud b good as the DXIW title screen theme. but then again the old deus ex theme tune was great. either of them i wud be happy with as the DXIW theme.

The music is nice indeed. First real sign of game's atmosphere.

I enjoyed hearing the original DX theme (a small bit of it) in the trailer though ... it was unbelievably warming and nice.

Originally posted by AINTD

I enjoyed hearing the original DX theme (a small bit of it) in the trailer though ... it was unbelievably warming and nice.
    Likewise felt.

did you see they changed the button
    "music on/off" to a "micro player" ?

4 songs to choose from !!!

this website keeps rocking

Is it just me or does the first song they had on there sound like a Fallout 2 sound?

Did you notice that the fourth song is named "Coffee House"? Sounds like Pequod's is going to be important, but how?

Mys-teer-ious! (Ya gots ta wiggle ya fingers when ye sez it!)

It seems like they were serious when they said 'less music, more atmospheric sounds'.

...or something like that.

I think that's great. I always enjoyed the vandenberg soundtrack. I'm thrilled about the sounds on the website. Good job folks!

i agree with Hakselsen and prefer the atmospheric sounds. Sets the scene better. though i do disagree with Vandenberg havin da best music. but maybe that's jus cos that level was too creepy for me. I'd say the best atmospheric music was at Naval Yard. it kinda mixed in ShipYard sounds with another music. I prefered that.
    And the DX2 site is great! i remember the DX1 website being useless. but this ones great. all them screenshots to keep me entertained. and music for ambience too! 4 musics for ambience even! Things are looking even more promising than before.

Originally posted by gareis
    Did you notice that the fourth song is named "Coffee House"? Sounds like Pequod's is going to be important, but how?

It has something to do with the World Trade Organisation, I think. There was a Gamespot movie released a while ago showing a Pequod's coffee outlet, and 'WTO' was printed up on some walls there. Maybe it's a front for the WTO, an less risky way for players to make contact.

One of my favorite tracks was the Hong Kong market music, "The Synapse." It captured that bustling mood perfectly. And then, when you go to the canal area, it goes to a darker, more subdued track. I thought that was really well done.

I used to get frustrated in Paris, because I liked the combat music there but the battles were always too short for me to hear the whole track...

I like the new music. Has a lot of the same style as the old stuff.

Compared to the Original DX website's music this sounds great. THe original website music for DX was... aweful.

Thats the DX tune, which was nearly included in every track in DX1. And would hopefully be included in the new one.

Could be established as well as the MGS theme tune, which is another awesome video game tune.

dirigimaster, I was talking about the DX tune in the DX:IW trailer. It comes at some 80% through the trailer, after the guy says "Perhaps we made a new enemy.".

As for the website music, it's nice. I like atmospheric "approach" though some real music should also be available otherwise you may grow tired of the creapy sounds.

What do you think will DX:IW main theme music sound like? I've kind of grown addicted to the DX's one.

Originally posted by gareis

I have to agree, although I think that more because they mentioned the coffee house in the organisations section. Why would a coffee house be important enough to list among Tarsus, The Order and others? There must be some hidden agenda about them, no doubt about it.

Back to the subject though: I like the play the coffee house music when viewing the website. It's catchy.

i'm hopin the "coffee house" tune is in the game. that'd be so cool walking into a pequod's coffee house and hearing that music playing. and youre damn rite is catchy. found myself waking up one mornin to the tune of it.

I don't know about you guys, but for me, that coffee house tune is so Deus Ex-ish. When listening to it, I could really believe I was playing the original again.

Reminds me of the music from the Underworld bar - the first time you go in, not later when the music's all frantic.

Well this band will be having an appearance in the game. I assume it will be for NG Resonance and her band. Dont know what they are like