Thread: Products Eligible for Registration

Products Eligible for Registration

[General Forum Guidelines]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

[General Questions and Help]

[---Which games can I register?

Here is a list: www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread....]

Missing codes?

i know this a really dumb post but i have Final Fantasy 13 13-2 and sleeping dogs bought them brand new but never received the game codes to Sleeping dog's and i lost the other one's withought knowing what they were for so is there a way i can register them anyway?

You will not be able to register a title to your account without a game code.

Used game code worked for registration

Dear moderators and registration employees/Customer Service. It has already been asked if used games can be registered. The answer was no. However, i do need clarification still. I, a few months ago puchased a USED FF XIII-2 from Gamestop. It came with a registration code card. I JUST entered in the code, and your web system stated that the registation code was added successfully to my square-enix points. As an admin, you can see it was added to my profile. Is it possible for the system to bypass a code that has already been registered? Or am I the lucky one because the person who owned this game previously 100% most likley did not bother to register it?

I'm no admin/moderator, but I'm inclined to think it was simply the latter. Sometimes people really don't care about the points, or don't understand how to use them. Just consider it a stroke of luck ^^

Thanks. This is the second time I have scored through Gamestop.

Registering game codes

Can you register games that do not have any SE registration codes? If so, how can one do that?

[General Forum Guidelines]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

Answer: No.

I find this funny because I have a friend who works at Gamestop and he told me sometimes people come into the store and open all the display boxes to see if there are any FF registration codes. They just take them and leave, and they get free codes. So now they have to take out all the codes on display cases.

But yeah, you just got lucky, not everyone puts these codes in. Most probably aren't even registered to this site.

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or majority on this topic, but I am wondering how people feel about additional DLC content for games you already own. I know SE isn't alone in this field, but the majority of the games I play come from SE. I find it rather abusive and immoral to charge for extra content for a game that you have already purchased, especially when companies withhold content or create extra content for the sole purpose of cashing in extra money on a game. This seems to be a common trend that's here to stay in the gaming world nowadays, and with that said, and putting some thought into the matter, I find myself turning away from Preordering games and/or buying near their release dates, just to find out what I'll be missing out on in future DLC packs, and from there deciding if I want to purchase the game. Which may not only prevent me from buying a game, but descends my overall opinion on that company as a whole.

These are my feelings, how about everyone else?

I pretty much agree. I'm somewhat okay if DLC is extra outfits, weapons, and to an extent, bosses, but I hate, hate, HATE when story content is cut and later available for purchase. The main example I'm thinking of is for Final Fantasy XIII-2 and the DLC Episode Requiem of the Goddess. That was a crap move and I think of myself as an avid SE fan and supporter, but that pissed me off a lot. I bought it and loved it of course, so that was the only saving grace for coughing up 5 bucks for it. Sazh and Snow's DLC Episodes were terrible for the prices, though. Still regret buying them full price.

But...

If it's a game I really want, even if there's DLC later on, I still tend to buy/pre-order the game anyways. I wish I had the conviction to put off getting a game for DLC reasons, but I'm really not. I suspect (I think it was even confirmed?) that Lightning Returns will get future DLC, potentially on the story-heavy level, but depending on some things, I'll probably still buy the game early in it's release, possibly pre-order if there's some limited numbered special edition or something. Also, I don't think they'll release a complete version of the game, so best bet would be to buy the game a year or so later when it's in the bargain bins or something to offset the price of the DLC content (that almost never drops in price).

I have however bought others game from other companies once a complete collection was out, so while there's some games I won't wait for, there are others I can. I think recently there was some unrest about the next Bioshock game having a season pass or something for DLC? I've read commentors already claim they won't buy the game now since a complete version would be on the horizan anyways.

I was really disappointed with the way they did DLC on XIII-2. The game felt very incomplete without them. DLC should be extra stuff only and not important parts of the game.

The episodes of XIII-2 should have been included but costumes and weapons are fair game. Also they packed Theatrhythm to the brim with music so. 99 songs are very reasonable for dlc.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Any storyline elements shouldn't be download content. It might sound acceptable if they're made like sidestories (as they are in form of novellas, comics, etc.), but really, even then they should be incorporated in the game. We miss out on way too much content that's spread throughout media other than the game itself.

Ending DLC is absolutely unacceptable.

I recently made some purchases from the PSN store for a few SE games and I was wondering if there is a way to register those games to my account or if they are not included in the program. I was unable to find anything with the search or support function. Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by zomgjared
    I recently made some purchases from the PSN store for a few SE games and I was wondering if there is a way to register those games to my account or if they are not included in the program. I was unable to find anything with the search or support function. Thank you in advance.
    i have the same situation, so please give us a solution

thanks

No. For the time being, you will not be rewarded points for most digital downloads.

I have little to no yearly points from the purchased hard copy games that I have from square-enix, but i have downloaded at least 5 square-enix titles in the last year. Is there no support for the downloadable titles like final fantasy IV complete or final fantasy III for psp? I think that the market is moving toward a more downloadable stance on gaming. Why should we that chose to keep up with the times suffer because we choose not to by a hard copy of a title?

Most downloadable titles do not reward you with points. There are, however, exceptions (such as FINAL FANTASY VII).

Originally Posted by Gravity

Most downloadable titles do not reward you with points. There are, however, exceptions (such as FINAL FANTASY VII).

I just recently purchased Dungeon Siege III PC disk version which does appear on that list yet it did not come with a registration code (it was a brand new copy and sealed). Is this list something we can actually use? I'm kind of skeptical now since I just bought a new game on the list yet no code was included.

Hi. I recently purchased Hitman: Absolution on PS3 digitally. Is there still a way to register the game or is that only for retail copies?

No. Most downloadable games cannot be registered or reward you points on this site for the time being.

That's disappointing. The "Digital Revolution" was supposed to drop prices for games...It didn't, and now gamers don't even get the perks that physical copies get us, even though the devs/publishers don't have to create physical artwork, cases, and gamers have to buy storage space for these games (which we now find out, seem to be costing us lots more than just more money). It seems digital is only good for everyone EXCEPT the gamer. Disappointing, indeed.

Originally Posted by FreasianEOF

Originally Posted by Gravity

I just recently purchased Dungeon Siege III PC disk version which does appear on that list yet it did not come with a registration code (it was a brand new copy and sealed). Is this list something we can actually use? I'm kind of skeptical now since I just bought a new game on the list yet no code was included.

Sorry to hear that, but I bought DSIII on PC also, no more than three weeks ago, and mine had a code inside.

[---I just recently purchased Dungeon Siege III PC disk version which does appear on that list yet it did not come with a registration code (it was a brand new copy and sealed).]

Are you sure it was the first print run?

Page 4 of 8 First First 12345678 Last