Thread: FFX-2 HD Version

FFX-2 HD Version

See Title. WTB.

It would be nice if we were able to have a port of the International version but I would rather it be on disc than download it through the PSN.

This. Please. I would love to play through International Edition + Last Mission.

I definitely agree! I know it's odd, but this is my favorite game in the Final Fantasy series.

It is always better to include extra content, I wouldn't mind it being downloadable so I could play it on my PS3/V.

I'd be down for retail. Harder to get me interested if it's digital only. :P

I was hoping FFX HD was going to be including X-2 as well, but *sigh* that would have been too great to happen.

What exactly is International?

Originally Posted by imported_Kimberly

What exactly is International?

The international versions of games like this often included additional content: bonus enemies, special bosses, missions, etc.

Unfortunately, despite the "International" name tag, they only ever get seen in Japan and Europe if I'm not mistaken.

I want to see them (better in HD version) in asian version (japanese voice with english subs). Both original and international version please.

X-2 International doesn't have English text option, only the voice acting is in English, unlike X International which can be played fully in English. So a simple port won't work.

FF X and X-2 international originally in japanese voice, so SE just need to editing menu and subtitle in kanji to english

I'd be happy to see an entire PS2 HD Collection, Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII.

FF X-2 HD is getting the International treatment:

eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy...

I am only buying Final Fantasy X-2 HD if it is the international + Last Mission version

I saw lots of screenshots and the trailer.

I seriously don't see where are the difference between old and new FFX / FFX-2 with or without HD.

FFX we get the international with the Dark Aeons and content not in our original release. They are talking of including international last mission where you can capture fiends and as well as Tidus and Auron just to name a few. We basically get a full translated version instead of just listening to a text and figuring out what all the japanese characters mean.

This is not a remake but rather an HD remastered version. They also improved some of the character objects, especially their faces which are now more detailed. It will be based on the "International" PS2 release.

For FFX, the American PS2 version was based on the original Japanese version. Later, the game was re-released in Japan as FFX International with some new contents. Europe later got their version which was based on the FFX International version. If you had the American ver, you would notice some new contents like new Sphere Grids and the Dark Aeon bosses. If you had the PAL version on PS2, there won't be any differences other than the upscaled graphics. This document shows all the differences between the original Japanese/American ver and the later International/PAL release:

www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-/faqs/41079

For FFX-2, an "International" version was also made in Japan with new contents like new Dresspheres and some other tweaks, but it was never released in English. It also had a new minigame called Last Mission, although we're not sure if it will be included in the HD release. For the full list of differences:

www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/562386-/faqs/30013

What i want to say is that the only changes in the graphic is the range of colors, the skin of the characters become too much red, all this just to

hide the fact that not a thing is really changed. The software house has slowly modified only the gameplay and some game system.

For me FFX/FFX-2 deserves better.

It's a remastered version, meaning they increased the resolution to HD. They recreated some of the characters' faces, but the game is not a remake (it's like every other HD remastered game on the PS3).

Originally Posted by SREPCfg

What i want to say is that the only changes in the graphic is the range of colors, the skin of the characters become too much red, all this just to

hide the fact that not a thing is really changed. The software house has slowly modified only the gameplay and some game system.

For me FFX/FFX-2 deserves better.

That's... Not even a little bit true.

Here's a comparison of the PS2 version of Final Fantasy X, running on a PC emulator with a bumped-up resolution (As I recall, it's around x8) versus the XHD remastered version. Clickity clack. Not only have many of the models been completely rebuilt, but the game's resolution has been fixed to widescreen and the proportions of objects are slightly more realistic as evidence by the changes to the stairs, the handrail of said stairs, and the statue with the orb.

For good measure, here's a comparison of a scene in X-2 from the PS2 version (original PS2, although some claim it's from a PCSX x2 res emulation) and the PS3 HD remaster version. Snikt. They are very definitely upgraded.

Originally Posted by SREPCfg

It's a remastered version, meaning they increased the resolution to HD. They recreated some of the characters' faces, but the game is not a remake (it's like every other HD remastered game on the PS3).

Monsters and CG scenes are being given touch-ups and remain essentially the same, but most everything else is recieving more treatment than a simple upscaling. One of the things specifically mentioned by Kitase & Toriyama at E3 was that getting the facial proportions right on the character's new models has been a challenge, because they want to update while staying as true to the original as possible. (As if it weren't already clear that the out-of-battle character models had been redone) Many objects within the game, in the screenshots released so far, appear to have altered dimensions rather than just having a fresh skin applied.

I really hope it will be available as a physical cart for the Vita. I'm not interested in a digital copy the game at all.