Thread: DLC Discussions

DLC Discussions

I am going to buy all of them just for the heck of it. Dang it... I shouldn't bought VVVVVV for 5$ on sale. Oh well.

bought what?

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner

bought what?

LOL VVVVVV or vvvvvv

It's a puzzle game. Very fun/hard.

Check it out!

Weird title but I usually buy games I know about before hand.

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner

Weird title but I usually buy games I know about before hand.

It's actually a really good game, knowing it's on 3DS I might pick that up... but anyways, back to the topic, I'm excited to see the next batch of songs

Me too, I already got 8/8 songs that were on there. I wonder when the next content will come out.

I heard that these 8 songs price will eventually go up?

That's doubtful. For the Japanese DLC, they announced the price as 150 yen (around $1.80) but said that the first 8 would be 100 yen (around $1.20) for a limited time to give people incentive to buy them early. The article here said no such thing - it just said that it would be $0.99. When buying items like this kind of DLC you rarely ever buy just one item (you usually buy 4-5 of these at a time), so they did that to get people to buy one so that it'd be more likely for them to buy more later. Americans on a whole have a much lower opinion of DLC though, and rhythm games are kinda looked down upon here as childish. If the price went up much at all they wouldn't really sell all that much of it so they stand to gain more by leaving it as it is.

Yeah I doubt it will go up, last time I was on iTunes they sell 1 song for .99c. But I feel like I'm getting a better deal with Theatrhythm songs cause they come with 3 difficulties for each song and a background and monsters/npc's in the song. The only thing I wish they would do it make it so that when you buy dlc songs they are in your game's music playlist since you bought it.

It seems to me that the Chaos Shrine is just randomized songs. Do we know if the DLC songs are thrown in to the randomizer of the Choas Shrine or if it is solely a challenge mode thing?

So far I've only ran into the songs that are built into the game (excludes dlc) I hope they do implement them in a patch or something tho.

I don't think so. Eventually once you earn enough Rhythmia however, songs exclusive to the Shrine join the Challenge mode.

Originally Posted by Luckygamer
    It seems to me that the Chaos Shrine is just randomized songs. Do we know if the DLC songs are thrown in to the randomizer of the Choas Shrine or if it is solely a challenge mode thing?

There's actually a previous post that explains how it works, the songs are chosen randomly but there's a code to know what songs they are. There's 10 song possibilities for both the FMS and BMS songs and they're designated by the number in the actual title of the Dark Note (0-9 for each of the two digits).
    If they were to allow other songs into the Chaos Shrine, it would take away from this decoding system.

With a game with 70+ songs it pains me to see they only use 20 songs for Chaos Shrine. :<

I keep getting Battle 1 from FFIV... it's highly irritating, especially when the arrows start to rotate.

Originally Posted by Fire

I keep getting Battle 1 from FFIV... it's highly irritating, especially when the arrows start to rotate.

I'm still not sure what people mean about arrows "rotating"... I'll just keep playing Chaos Shrine now that I'm back home and see what happens.

Once you unlock more of the Dark Notes... the yellow arrows will rotate during the music stage.

Yeah I haven't gotten that far either.

So the next batch of DLC hits Europe July 12th, (hopefully us here in NA too!), and it's the same as Japan's second set but includes FFV Final Battle, (a song from Japan's 3rd batch) instead of the song from Type-0. Guess that means the DLC we get is subject to change and that Type-0 may never be released here.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Blegh. No one cares about Type-0 anyway. Game was pretty terrible.

Eh. I can live. I'd rather play to The Final Battle anyways.

Originally Posted by ChigChampa

Blegh. No one cares about Type-0 anyway. Game was pretty terrible.

Not really.

But anyways, it may be they are releasing it later or not at all, until it's all said and done DLC release-wise we don't know.

I don't care about FFT-O. :P

Don't say that here, man! We who do care don't want anything detracting from our chances of getting the game :P. And I'm rather dissapointed in this, and will be kinda angry if we get Somnus but not the Type-0 song.

Well it's a music game, I'm sure we'd get the song anyways. Doesn't mean I won't respect the track.

Page 4 of 8 First First 12345678 Last