Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC Discussions

Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC Discussions

Has anyone found a way to defeat Valfodr? I am still working on Gilgamesh. Also, Valfodr is the arbiter of Time? Then why does his Centuar-like body not appear as such in the colliseum before fights?

Valfodr's form changes from his Arbiter self when in action.

Here's how to beat him:

Level 1

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PG0GxZEhB9A" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Level 15

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l-a3JKcr148" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Level 45

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tv4tZAO224w" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Level 70

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wlpW1XSrkBk" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Level 99

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OkiMNcbSCKU" frameborder="0"></iframe>

(SPOILER?)

During the story trip to the Coliseum in order to collect the Fragment there, you do see a ghost-like rendition of Valfodr's true form, if only briefly.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Part 3 to that blog series? Anyway, here's a convenient "checklist" in one place for the forum users!

(EDIT: Trying to format this is a little difficult and inconsistent. It looks right on my edit screen but not how it actually posts.)

Weapons All weapons cost 99 cents (PlayStation Store) or 80MSP (XBOX Live Market).

Serah: Seraphic Wing [Vampiric Strike] / Genji Bow [ATB Rate +] / Azrael [Chain Bonus +] (XB360 only!)

Noel: Catastrophe Blade [ATB Rate +] / Muramasa [Chain Bonus +]

Costumes All costumes, unless noted, cost $2.99 or 240MSP.

Serah: Summoner's Garb / Beachwear / N7 Armor / Style and Steel* / White Mage Attire

*This costume is available to download free of charge.

Noel: Battle Attire / Spacetime Guardian / N7 Armor / Ezio Auditore / Black Mage Attire

Mog: A Wonderous Wardrobe (featuring 16 different skins)

Coliseum Episodes Coliseum episode prices vary.

Bringer of the End [vs Omega (COM)] ($2.99/240MSP)
    Operation XIII-2 [vs Lightning (RAV) and Amodar (COM)] ($2.99/240MSP)
    A Study in Elegant Death [vs Nabaat (SAB)] ($2.99/240MSP)
    Uninvited Invertibrate [vs Ultros (SYN) and Typhon (COM)] ($3.99/320MSP)
    Clash on the Big Bridge [vs Gilgamesh (COM)] ($3.99/320MSP)
    Take Me To Your Leader [vs PuPu (MED] ($1.99/160MSP)

Story Episodes Story episode prices vary.

Sazh: Heads or Tails [Serendipity minigames, Sazh] ($4.99/400MSP)
    Snow: Perpetual Battlefield [vs Snow and Valfodr] ($3.99/320MSP)
    Lightning: Requiem of the Goddess ($4.99/400MSP)

I bought literally every piece of DLC for this game, which means I spent close to $67 on it. That's kinda nuts! And I didn't even realize it, because it was spread out over such a long period of time. Geez, SE made a lot of money off of people like me!

true fans of the series would buy all of them...such as i!

much respect to them!

i wish they could make more Coliseum DLCs there are lots of characters from other FF titles that have the potential to appear there.

and costumes... I'll give an example: since Serah is like a summoner, why not give her a Rydia/Garnet costume. Noel is a dual sword weilder, Edge/Zidane costume would be a perfect fit.

sadly the DLC is over.

I still have some things I want to get, namely coliseum and episode DLC, but I'll leave the crossover costume stuff alone.

It looks like we missed out on the special accessories that came with various theme song CD releases in Japan, but we got pretty much everything else... not too bad at all! I remember being worried that preorder bonuses through all the various retailers would stay that way.

I'm going to echo sentiments in another thread that the Coliseum had huge potential and I would have liked to have seen more different enemies turn up there.

I bought all of them for a total of 67 USD, excluding the Accessories you get from Famitsu Magazine.

I don't find DLC weapons good at all.

The DLC weapons are better meant for early-game play. Having the Genji Bow at the start of the game, for example, is a bit of a bonus since it happens to be more powerful than the default set of weapons you can buy from Chocolina in Bresha 005AF.

I still end up equipping them for aesthetic reasons, though.

It's over but it had a good run. There's plenty to play in the meantime

I was really hoping for more. It did have a good run, but I really wanted my Fang/Vanille DLC, hehe. However, with the ending of the Lightning DLC, I wonder if it will continue on. It just can't possibly end like that!

Can it?

i hope / i wish, uhm... whichever it is, i just want to have the Books/Novels related to the FF 13-2 game, NA already got the Episode i... and i'm really hoping/wishing that they will also bring the Episode Zero, Final Fantasy XIII-2 Fragments Before and Final Fantasy XIII-2 Fragments After Novels/Books in NA/EU regions... i hope...^^

please square enix make it so

I would've liked a DLC that explained/showed just how Hope got to be so successful...anything to give the story more meat

Yeah, the bonus weapons weren't very useful post-game, which is when I got them. I've been playing around with them though in my second playthrough and they've got some dandy abilities.

Pre-post, they're useful. Post-Game, not anymore. You get to have Sagitarrius, Indrajit, Gandiva and others that are better.

If I remember correctly, there used to be five weapons in the DLC section - now there are only three! Does anyone know if other DLC stuff will go away? I still need to buy the Nabaat and Pupu fights, and was going to wait until after FF Theatrhythm and KHDDD to get back in to this game, but if these two fights are going to go away I guess I might need to soon

I'm sure Square/Xbox Marketplace/ PS store wouldn't just take away DLC. Maybe it's just a glitch, but either way I'm sure they aren't going to randomly start taking away DLC. I'm sure you'll find those other two weapons and the fights will still be there when you come back (Maybe! "evil laughter" lol).

-RGC

I just checked for you in the Xbox Market place, and I see 5 weapons:

Noel's Weapon: Catastrophe Blade

Noel's Weapon: Muramasa

Serah's Weapon: Seraphic Wing

Serah's Weapon: Genji Bow

Serah's Weapon: Azrael

Which system are you on and which weapons are you missing?

I checked the PS Store and there are four weapons there. And, are you sure there were five? Three for someone and two for another? That wouldn't really make sense...

-RGC

Originally Posted by PAT2K9

I just checked for you in the Xbox Market place, and I see 5 weapons:

Noel's Weapon: Catastrophe Blade

Noel's Weapon: Muramasa

Serah's Weapon: Seraphic Wing

Serah's Weapon: Genji Bow

Serah's Weapon: Azrael

Which system are you on and which weapons are you missing?

I'm on PS3, and I did not have either the Azrael or Genji Bow. However, the Azrael is an Xbox exclusive, right? There used to be three weapons for Noel and two for Serah (with her third being the Azrael for XBox only I believe). I can't remember what Noel's other weapon was though :/. But even if I'm just imagining that, I am still missing the Genji Bow.

I never remember Noel ever having a "third" DLC weapon, only the Catastrophe Blade and Muramasa.

The Genji Bow was a preorder incentive, though. If you forgot that you had already entered the code through your preorder bonus, that might explain why it's missing -- in that case, check Chocolina's shop. The first unit of any DLC weapon's base model doesn't cost any Gil if you haven't obtained it.

That is correct, Noel only had 2 DLC weapons. I forgot to mention that Azrael is an Xbox exclusive. My mistake.

I swear the Genji Bow used to be in my DLC shop, and I didn't preorder my game so it couldn't be that. I guess they took it off so that people who get the game now can't get it anymore? Oh well. So I guess nothing else should disappear?

For the PS3 version at least, if you visit the PS store from outside the game, you will be able to browse to all of the add-ons (make sure you select the Add-Ons category). Not sure about how it's like on the Xbox Marketplace. Serah's Genji Bow should be there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last