Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC Discussions

Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC Discussions

Yeah, MightyGeb said it all.

Ultima arrow isn't a good damaging attack - it's rather an ala Lightning "Army of One" usage (more of). You can only use it once too.

Originally Posted by MightyGeb

I don't think you'll find that particular bit of info useful for the Snow fight. In fact, it's a much less useful thing in XIII-2 than in XIII. There is no other battle I can think of that will benefit much from using these - You can't spam Ultima Arrow like you can Death, and Arrow is not a powerful ability either way.

The key to beating Snow is to Provoke him as he rises to the next energy level. This makes him "cool down". Throwing in some healing as you Provoke is good too, so 2 paradigms of RAV-MED-SEN should work nicely, each with a different SEN (probably Noel and Monster). Seeping Brie makes an excellent non-DLC Commando to finish him off. It attacks launched targets incredibly quickly.

Just make sure that you have him fully debuffed as you stagger and yourself fully (offensively) buffed to maximize your damage.

Okay thanks. So would Silver Chocobo SEN, Lightning COM, and Green Chocobo MED be a good party pack or should I have a SYN like Sazh?
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Found this Proof of XIII-3?

www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7509/article...

SYN is a must. It's almost essential. Why don't you have a RAV in your party? I'd suggest taking out the MED and switch it for RAV, and switching Silver Chocobo for Goblin Chieftain.

I said that the buffs are ideal and that party lacks them. Monster MEDs and SABs have very little purpose in the postgame, so I'd never call Green Chocobo necessary. Since Snow focuses on single targets, Serah should be a sufficient MED.

There are two common options. The first is a standard COM/RAV/SYN paradigm pack. Just play to get buffs up and have Snow with all necessary debuffs before stagger. Lightning works as a COM, Blue Chocobo/Lightning as a RAV and Purple Chocobo/Yakshini taking the SYN role.

The second is my general lazy option that works for just about everything in the game. Use your desired COM and then use Cloudburst and Goblin Chieftain as the other monsters. Combining the Feral Links of these two grants every buff in the game, whilst still having a RAV and SEN.

If you'd like I could work on a video for either of these methods (if I can find the saves - I'm all over the place on different consoles and save methods and stuff at the moment), though it's going to be some time tomorrow at the earliest.

I already buy requiem of the goddess.Download and install it but when go to historia crux there is no DLC chapter.I already redownload and reinstall,its still the same.Its goes same with my DLC weapon.The DLC bugged or what..

Episode DLC is playable after you reach Chapter 2. Weapon DLC is accessed by buying it from Chocolina's shop (the first unit is free, but replacements and upgrades cost Gil).

I already finish the game..I check Chocolina shop several time..The weapon still not there..

yeah, I think there will another Final Fantasy XIII but who knows if it will be a XIII-3 or maybe an additional story like, if anyone played Dead Rising 2 then surely may know about Dead Rising 2: Case West or Case 0, a side story from main game, but who knows at the end

To be honest I downloaded the Requiem of the Goddess and when i try to access it it glitches durring the Historia Crux loading screen every time without fail, I just need to reinstall it and hope that works.

Okay. My usual party includes one of the behemoths as my ravager. Guess I'll swap him back instead of the Green Chocobo and replace the Silver Chocobo with a Synergist. Been working on my beastiary lately so I haven't gotten around to fighting Snow again yet.

Originally Posted by Squall-Nathan
    I was puzzled by the end as well. All we have to go on is that Lightning is the last living person at the end of the world. How there is still a world when it was sucked into the Void I couldn't tell you. I heard something about a series of books being released that explain the ending and possibly the paradox endings.

This has been bugging, would it be hard to believe that maybe Fang and Vanille are still alive as well? I mean, they were still in crystal stasis when the world got consumed by the chaos. And did anyone besides Serah acutally die, or is all of humanity in limbo now?

If that's the case, I believe there are a handful of reasons why there will be a XIII-3. I have a feeling that the god Lindzei may play a part in XIII-3. Since the "door to the Unseen Realm" has been opened, I would assume that this is where Lindzei wakes up Bhunivelze. I could see something like that leading up to XIII-3.

I only want serah's XIII outfit(schoolgirl)... please square just one last DLC....

I think the game has gone long enough, they should work on bringing FF14 to PS3, have u seen how gorgeous it looks now? OMG! cant wait for that!

I'd like to own all the DLC but, for me, money is tight atm.

Can anyone recommend what you think is a must have from the DLC?

I've went thru the game once collecting about half the fragments and planning to go back and get the rest now.

Hey I just have one question:

When Light fought against Caius in Requiem of the Goddess, it was before or after Serah/Noel against Caius in the end of the game.

Originally Posted by imported_João

When Light fought against Caius in Requiem of the Goddess, it was before or after Serah/Noel against Caius in the end of the game.

I'd have to say before because Caius specifically told Noel and Serah that he already took out Lightning. It's just strange since SPOILERS the end of ROTG showed Lightning with the dead Serah but as I just stated Caius tells them how he defeated Lightning. Stupid time shenanigans.

Originally Posted by Squall-Nathan
    Originally Posted by imported_João

I'd have to say before because Caius specifically told Noel and Serah that he already took out Lightning. It's just strange since SPOILERS the end of ROTG showed Lightning with the dead Serah but as I just stated Caius tells them how he defeated Lightning. Stupid time shenanigans.
    Oh thanks dude, but i've played and a think is before and after, when Lightning saw serah's death and caius "killed" her it was before , and when light fought caius it was after, well i guess ^^

the ending to 13-2 really made me feel liek the sixty to seventy hours of gameplay i wasted on 13 was like i said a waste because in the end serah dies. y waste time trying to save her in the 1st one if she ended dying.

So yeah, I didn't see this mentioned any where around here. So thought I'd post this. Sorry in advance if there is something around here already saying.

Looks like about 90% of the DLC items are 50% off.

I was thinking bout grabbing the Lightning Requiem one. But I hear it's not all that good. Then again, people also said this and XIII wasn't all that good either, and I like em.

I already saw the story on youtube. So the only reason to grab it would be to have her on my second play through, and for the battle (which looked pretty epic). 200 points seems tempting.

Woah that sounds really cool. Too bad I don't have FFXIII-2 to take advantage of this.

Requiem of the Goddess was criticized mostly because of how important it ends up being for the story and the decision for it to be paid DLC and not released in the original game. RotG is easily the best DLC to buy-I know I loved it a whole bunch.

I kind of feel dumb for buying Sazh and Snow's DLC Episodes now, though...They weren't that great (Snow's was more of a battle DLC than an episode too, wtf?)

Actually wanna grab Gilgy and maybe some other boss battles now...

Originally Posted by new_tradition
    I kind of feel dumb for buying Sazh and Snow's DLC Episodes now, though...They weren't that great (Snow's was more of a battle DLC than an episode too, wtf?)

The cutscene with all of the DLC characters wasn't really worth the extra dollar, I agree.

Originally Posted by new_tradition

Requiem of the Goddess was criticized mostly because of how important it ends up being for the story and the decision for it to be paid DLC and not released in the original game. RotG is easily the best DLC to buy-I know I loved it a whole bunch.

Actually wanna grab Gilgy and maybe some other boss battles now...

You aren't the only one.... The only DLC I feel that was worth purchasing was RotG, which I feel should've been included with the game. I have a feeling Square is going to do the same thing with LR, ugh.

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last