Thread: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Volume 2

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Volume 2

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Volume 2

Any ideas about the game or any news on it.

Well I think they should go all the way back to when the 7 children restored the worlds

7 childen huh ?

yea tht way we can find out how keyblades were born..... and how darkness came....

Dude it told that in kh birth by sleep aqua story

And in kh 1 and others if you read the reports

but it just said the story, i wanna see DETAILS, u kno did THEY have keyblades? thts wat i wanna kno

i need some depth about how it went down

In an interview shortly after E3 2011 Nomura said that the plans for BBSV2 were cancelled, at least for the moment. We will have to see how DDD plays out and when Versus XIII will be done, because they may bring those plans back up if there is enough unanswered info in DDD and Versus will take too long. Nomura also said back in... 07, I think? that he wants a KH game released every year, so we are looking at either HD collections/remasters or BBSV2 if that goal is met from DDD until KHIII. I personally think if they do make a BBSV2 it'll be a movie, not a game (kinda like FFVII: Advent Children) so they can get all the important stuff in with about a third of the work as the game would take.

Sixus, where are you getting this stuff about the 7 children? The game only states that after the Keyblade War (when the worlds were scattered into darkness) light survived in the hearts of children, who then used that light to restore their individual worlds. There are far more than 7 worlds, so I don't see how you're getting that.

7 children.. where is this coming from... I remember 7 princess but not children...

Who would be the main character of a volume 2... and what would possibly happen in it. We got the gist of things already... Xehanort and the other 5 apprentices turn themselves into heartless, and start all the crap happening now.

I am more interested in the origins of heartless now... didn't xehanort summon a group of neoshadows to attack ventus? but even that doesn't really matter. I don't want another handheld. It would be made on Vita, not psp. I JUST got a psp. I can't afford a 3ds as it is... and they would make me buy yet another system so they can add some more complications to a story that, as soulking pointed out, has already been told (but of course, the complications added would just make parts of KH3 confusing to anyone who has not played volume 2....). I am enjoying BBS but, for the most part, it is filler information that I shouldn't have needed to play another game to get (It could have been told in segmented dream segments during KH3, so that by the end of KH3, you have the whole story told portions throughout the game). And Days wasn't a necessary game at all... all the events in it where dismised during KH2, because KH2 came out first (so the events of Days have been conveniently forgotten by all the characters) even chain of memories doesn't matter, because if you didn't play it... you are only as confused as the main character, who can't remember what happened anyways. I have loved playing all of these games, but the handheld spinoffs are unnecessary money sinks at this point...

The main characters would be Aqua, Mickey, and Ansem the Wise if they made it. DDD actually explains what went down with Ansem's apprentices, so that would leave Mickey's Mark of Mastery, what all Aqua did in the Realm of Darkness, and how AtW got from the Realm of Nothingness to the Realm of Darkness and eventually to CO.

Also, they aren't "spinoffs". A spinoff implies an unrelated, non-canon story set in the same universe. BBS, Days, and Chain are prequel, interquel, and sequel stories respectively and are going to be very important in DDD and especially in 3. DDD is ALL ABOUT waking those who are lost in sleep (Xion, Roxas, Ventus) and preparing to fight Xehanort, who you wouldn't even know was pulling the strings without BBS. Days introduced Roxas and Xion, explained why Roxas was in the Organizaion in the first place, and showed some events that seem off but are very important when coupled with a revelation in DDD. Chain introduced the Organization, the replica program, the idea of the Nobodies, and set up why Sora will have forgotten about CO in KHII, which was released soon after.

As to the origins of the Heartless: Heartless have always existed. Pureblooded Heartless are born when someone succumbs to the darkness in their heart, while Emblem heartless are created when one's heart is forcibly extracted OR when hearts are added to the Heartless Manufactory in Radiant Garden. Since Neoshadows are Purebloods, they have always existed in the Realm of Darkness (or at least, existed since the person succumbed to darkness). Thus, with just knowledge on how to summon Heartless Xehanort could conjure up any Pureblooded Heartless at will.

Finally, Nomura has said in recent interviews (April, I believe?) that he has no interest in making a KH game for the Vita. He explained that since the Vita is already so close to a console they might as well do it for the PS3, and he believes it is time for KH to return to a console anyway.

Originally Posted by Basho

Finally, Nomura has said in recent interviews (April, I believe?) that he has no interest in making a KH game for the Vita. He explained that since the Vita is already so close to a console they might as well do it for the PS3, and he believes it is time for KH to return to a console anyway.

Yeah, and it was as stupid then as it is now. PS3 doesn't have a touch screen or a rear touch screen, or live areas, or Near... and it's PSN intigration is different.

Plus, if it's "so close to a console" and it's "time to return to a console" then the PS Vita being "so close to a console" would be a good thing for it to be chosen for. Love him, but that statement was dumb. Every game on the DS and 3DS could be done without the second screen. The only thing that would have been any different were the cutscenes that utilized both. Usually in non-meaningful ways. So easily redone.

Don't really care where KH goes, I'll be there, but he better come up with a better reason than that for not making a game on the Vita.

Actually, DDD uses the second screen a ton, look up some gameplay vids if you don't believe me. Also, the ending of Days? That was pretty meaningful. Using both screens got the point across so much better.

There are two big reasons for avoiding the Vita that nobody would want to say in an interview. One, the American gamers (i.e., the MUCH larger market) on a whole hate handheld games for serieses that start on consoles. Two, the Vita was a flop. As far as I know, to date it still hasn't reached the sales Sony was expecting in the first week. Why would you make a game that a lot of people would want on a console that was all but a failure?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Vita game in the next two years, as my roomate for the next two years has a Vita. I'm just saying here that it would be poor marketing to make a Vita KH game, especially when there are PS3s in so many households

Sony has never said what their expectations were for the first week.. smh. And it's not a flop, but continue to bask in the glow of ignorance if that's what makes you happy.

The reason we have had so many handheld versions is because time and money. We wouldn't even be where we are in the story if every game had to be made on consoles. If "fans" of Kingdom Hearts can't understand that, or accept it, then that's their problem. If he's got no story to put on the Vita, fine, but he should just say that. Instead of saying it's too much like a console. Which is stupid... really stupid. Fanboy troll online stupid.

Actually, Sony did release their expectations for it. However, I got their expectations and Nintendo's for the 3DS mixed up, my bad. The 3DS was expected to sell 4 million units within a month of release for all regions, but only sold 2 mil and was considered a flop. Due to this, Sony only set their sales expectations a 1 million for the Vita - something they just barely made it to, at a little shy of 1.2 million. If the 3DS selling 2 million copies was considered a flop, how do you figure the Vita selling 1.2 isn't? Same market, more respected company, launch prices weren't really all that different. By all rights, the ONLY it is not a flop because Sony set the bar so low, which doesn't really count in my book. Do some research before you insult someone next time, capiche?

The Vita is about 70% as powerful in both graphics and processing as a PS3, making it far more powerful than the Wii and possibly (I don't have time to look it up right now, so I am not sure on this) more powerful than the XBox. So yes, the Vita is indeed very close to a console. As the Vita still has yet to reach 2 million units sold (as of the May press release from Sony it was 1.8, I can't find one for June right now) and the PS3 has sold more than 64 million units, which do you think would be better to make a game for? What Nomura said makes perfect sense if you look past the actual words: it's almost as powerful, so it wouldn't be all that much more work to make a console game. Add the fact that you have 32 times the potential buyers with a PS3 game than a Vita game and you can see why (so long as you aren't clouding your vision with Vita fanboyism, which I do hope you aren't because then you'll just disregard all the information I looked up) it wouldn't make since for them to make a Vita game. Like I said, I personally don't have a problem with it because my roommate has a Vita, but it just wouldn't make any since from an economics standpoint. Also, now that Versus finally went into full production mode the main console team should be free before all too long.

Originally Posted by Basho
    Actually, Sony did release their expectations for it. However, I got their expectations and Nintendo's for the 3DS mixed up, my bad. The 3DS was expected to sell 4 million units within a month of release for all regions, but only sold 2 mil and was considered a flop. Due to this, Sony only set their sales expectations a 1 million for the Vita - something they just barely made it to, at a little shy of 1.2 million. If the 3DS selling 2 million copies was considered a flop, how do you figure the Vita selling 1.2 isn't? Same market, more respected company, launch prices weren't really all that different. By all rights, the ONLY it is not a flop because Sony set the bar so low, which doesn't really count in my book. Do some research before you insult someone next time, capiche?

The Vita is about 70% as powerful in both graphics and processing as a PS3, making it far more powerful than the Wii and possibly (I don't have time to look it up right now, so I am not sure on this) more powerful than the XBox. So yes, the Vita is indeed very close to a console. As the Vita still has yet to reach 2 million units sold (as of the May press release from Sony it was 1.8, I can't find one for June right now) and the PS3 has sold more than 64 million units, which do you think would be better to make a game for? What Nomura said makes perfect sense if you look past the actual words: it's almost as powerful, so it wouldn't be all that much more work to make a console game. Add the fact that you have 32 times the potential buyers with a PS3 game than a Vita game and you can see why (so long as you aren't clouding your vision with Vita fanboyism, which I do hope you aren't because then you'll just disregard all the information I looked up) it wouldn't make since for them to make a Vita game. Like I said, I personally don't have a problem with it because my roommate has a Vita, but it just wouldn't make any since from an economics standpoint. Also, now that Versus finally went into full production mode the main console team should be free before all too long.
    I agree, it would be very unwise to make any Kingdom Hearts game for the vita because of its lack of popularity. It would definately hurt sales. Plus, they have done Re:coded, 358/2, BBS, and DDD since KH2. To make another KH game for a handheld device instead of a counsole by now would probably anger fans who are already impatient.

Question The idea of kingdom hearts birth by sleep volume ii is in trash or maybe not ????i

For those who have watched kh bbs final mix in the end of the secret episode ,there is a trailer of kingdom hearts birth by sleep volume ii my question is....the idea has fully been rejected, will some of that be in khiii or will be something as a between maybe from kingdom hearts iii to kingdom hearts iv perhaps??...to close some questions or even start new questions maybe
    Square Enix you are my beloved company just keep going and impress us

Rolleyes Has the kingdom hearts birth by sleep volume ii put completely in trash or not???

For those who have watched kh bbs final mix
    in the end of the secret episode ,there is a
    trailer of kingdom hearts birth by sleep
    volume ii my question is....the idea has fully
    been rejected, or will some of that be in khiii or
    will be something as a between maybe from
    kingdom hearts iii to kingdom hearts iv
    perhaps??...to close some questions or even
    start new questions maybe

will the idea ever become a reality??? hope so as much as inclusion in khiii , as to a new spin off title maybe , please make it happen!!!!!

after a main console game maybe??? 0.o

Thumbs Up Has the kingdom hearts birth by sleepvolume ii put completely in trash or not???

For those who have watched kh bbs final mix
    in the end of the secret episode ,there is a
    trailer of kingdom hearts birth by sleep
    volume ii my question is....the idea has fully
    been rejected, or will some of that be in khiii
    or
    will be something as a between maybe from
    kingdom hearts iii to kingdom hearts iv
    perhaps??...just to answer and finish that part of the dark seeker saga

I think it will lead us to a new arc. after finishing the secret episode, it seems that they will all be connected in KH3.