Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defiance in november

Defiance in november

not too long ago, i got my new PSM magazine, and its 2 months ahead right now, so right now i have octobor, and they review games as if they were already out, when in fact thier not gonna be till octobor, so sometime at the end of september i`ll get my new PSM, and if Defiance is really gonna come out in november like they said, it should have a full review and rating on it. So all we have to do is wait `till the end of september and I will get the new issue and we will finally see if Defiance is making its orginal release date. So untill then. Oh, and Defiance is now at number 3 on PSM`s top ten list, MGS3 and Final Fantacy X-2 is ahead of it.
    What if the one person who could save you, was the only one who could distroy you? Divided by common enemies, two legendary heroes, must fight...to reclaim their destiny. From the wreckage of history, redeemer, destroyer...only one may survive.

Thanks for sharing, mate.

- Matthew

:drools: November will be great for the vampire lovers like myself. Castlevania and Legacy of Kain... can life get any better? I submit that it cannot.
    "What is locked can be opened, what is hidden can be found, what is yours can be mine."
    ~Garrett

Actually Castlevania is coming out October 29th now. And quite a few places have stated November 19th as the date that Defiance is going to come out.

I confidently expect a November release.

Thumbs Up

Not to mention that TM - Revolutions is coming out around then, too.

If all goes well - November, what a magical month!

- Matthew

I am really doubting a November release, given that there are no ads for the game in the September issues of gaming magazines, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well confirmed for yank land... Not to sure on the Europian release yet. Normally takes games a wee bit longer to get out over here because of all the languages it has to be released in and to alter the it from NTSC to PAL format... *sigh*
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...edTo/TLsig.gif

"To withdraw in disgust is not apathy"

At the Sony Experience, the sign next to the Defiance said that it would be released at December in Europe.

Rolleyes

December?????? i dont think i can contain myself until then hopefully it will be nearer the start otherwise i mat lose my sanity

November will be a great month indeed.

Cool It will come.

I on the other hand am confident of a November release. There is this little game called Castlevania that has had it's released actually pushed up to the 29th of October, it's review is coming out in next months EGM, and there has not yet been one ad in any of the magazines. Everyone is claiming a November release date for Defiance now, even Eidos. Have you not seen the ad on the eidos webpage? That's got to be a little reliable. I've heard November 19th from a lot of different people. It's hit the rule of four (the rule that says if you hear it from four different sources then chances are it's true) I've heard it from Gamespot.com, Amazon.com, My local toys R us, and Electronics Boutique. So here's to a November release

Dissenting opinion...

...if it's not done yet, I'd prefer that it ~not~ see a November release. I can wait, I've waited this long already. Nothing worse than the bean-counters and the marketing men pushing a release date which doesn't allow enough time for development. And then you have the fans, us... Considering what's happened the last few times, I believe that we all need to be a bit more patient.

No, if this game is going to be all that the previous games were not, I think that the developers need to be given their fair share of time to do the work that needs to be done.

If it's done by November and it lives up to all that's been said so far, then so be it, a November release it is, but if they're cutting things from development, or not spending enough time in debugging to refine the finished product in order to rush a release, then please, Eidos, postpone the release and do us all a favor.

I am hopeing for a November release.
    i want the game to be "finished" and not a bunch of stuff thrown onto a disc. i live for these games & i can't wait for Defiance.

~yours in blood~

I'm confident about the release date as it's september and review copies should be getting sent out soon surely?

If it was going to be delayed they would have announced sooner right?

Plus PS Experience says december for europe (a month after the USA is what SR2 and BO2 were) so it's resonable to assume the US release of november will go ahead as originally planned.

I know I'll be importing the USA one too just to make sure I get it as soon as I can. I'll buy the UK version when it's released but might get the xbox version (import the PS2 one) if I decide to actually get an xbox around christmas

Rolleyes

OK i was at the toys r' us website and they have it posted that Defiance will be out on the 21st of November!
    Eidos needs to make up it mind....i have vacation time at work coming up and i want to take it the week of the games release. I just need to know so i can let my boss know. the only bright side to this is that it gives the team more time to make a game that rocks!

~yours in blood~

we can only hope that it will be finished, out, and totally amazing in Novemeber.

How ever, I believe that if it is in November that it will be on the 28 - 30 or some day at the end of the mounth.
    http://www.mortalkombat.ch/pictures/...NoobSaibot.jpg

Noob Saibot.......Yes From Mortal Kombat, but this time in person

You know the new website for www.legacyofkain.com is coming out today so I'm betting we will actually know the projected CD release date, maybe today. I'm excited to see the knew site btw.

Thumbs Up

Yeah, me too, mate.

I'm so excited.

- Matthew

Originally posted by Stukedogg
    Actually Castlevania is coming out October 29th now. And quite a few places have stated November 19th as the date that Defiance is going to come out.

I confidently expect a November release.
    Ah, good to know that CV is coming out earlier than I expected. But OMG, those are going to be two great games. Especially after having seen the new trailer for LoKD. I thought the previous trailer was the coolest, but OMG this one is even better (the one on the official website).
    "What is locked can be opened, what is hidden can be found, what is yours can be mine."
    ~Garrett

I hope it comes out in November, that way I can still hope for a 2003 PC port of it.

According the latest release information, Finland would receive the Defiance in November as well.

I went to my local EB store yesterday & reserved a copy of Defiance and i ask the store manager if the the release date was "for sure".
    he told me that at this time it is and that they should be get promo material at the end of this month or the early part of Oct.
    so i think we can all look forward to a November release.

~yours in blood~

Just as a sort of check for this sort of thing, but...

How early were the announcements for the delays on the other games in this series? Because if they were pushed back at the last minute, this one might be as well, where as if they were consistently open with whether the LoK games were on time, then we can probably expect November.

Anyone remember? Pattern recognition is useful stuff.

According to www.gameplay.com website, LOKD for the PC is due to be released in November around the 28th for £29.99. It gave me the option to pre-order it so I did as well as selecting "email me if date changes" option.

On the EB site, it says Defiance will ship on November 18 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast