Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: No more Star Ocean ???

No more Star Ocean ???

Rad

youtu.be/6cuXgRVMvZ0 link to new so?

That video was made for the xbox360/ps3 generation but we still can call it a hint.

Yea it's a tech demo! But has all the makings of a sequel.

Square Enix Registers Occult Maiden And Star Ocean Trademarks
    www.siliconera.com/2013/06/18/square-eni...

That article reminds me of how much I hated the plot twist in SO3. I really felt like they phoned it in on that one.

signature image

I didn't really get angry about SO3. Quantum physics supposes exactly what SO3 says, so they have base to write such an unusual story. Indeed, this is exactly what I like in Star Ocean: they do not get stuck in the middle age and explore interesting topics.

What the heck? Star Ocean was freakin' amazing--the first "action" rpg game, with a free-movement battle system-type game I ever played. No complaints, well...because I love Square Enix...and Tri-Ace....nothing but positive from this gamer.

Unhappy STAR OCEAN "no more?"

no more star ocean stories?

I was introduced to the series by "Star Ocean: The 2nd Story". I knew right then and there that this series had some incredible potential. As crazy as this sounds, I feel that the Star Ocean series itself has been disrespected. I honestly thought we'd be seeing a 6th or 7th title by this point in time. I really hope that someone with the heart, the vision, and the money comes forth to breathe life back into this series some day.

The last info I heard about Star Ocean was a Social media game for the phone but I would still hope for a PS4 of Star Ocean or a remake of SO3 with lots of dlc but the chances of that are very small

Star Ocean

Are there any plans to continue the Star Ocean IP? Do yall still have the rights?

Or did that beautiful pipe dream disappear with tri-Ace's sell-out to mobile?

Page 2 of 2 First First 12