Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: FFXIV: Beginner's Thread

FFXIV: Beginner's Thread

1. Yes.
    2. Along with your keyboard, yes.
    3. Eight.
    4. Legacy Player is the title given to gamers who paid for at least 90 cumulative days of subscription for the original version of FFXIV.
    5. Only Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Heavensward are available for download.
    6. Minions are critters and toys that simply follow you around.
    7. Yes, and yes.
    8. Pick the server whose name you think might suit you the best. You can always switch servers at a later date.
    9. Summoners can summon Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda in their Egi forms.
    10. There is yet no Chocobo Primal. You can use several different chocobos as mounts and have your Grand Company chocobo fight alongside you.
    11. Yes.
    12. Yes, player usergroups such as Linkshells (for talking) and Free Companies (for teaming up with for raids and dungeons) exist.
    13. Yes, you can switch freely between your various jobs and classes.
    14. Some of the mounts and minions are limited (you will have to by CDs, special editions of the game, etc. in order to get them), but aside from that you will be able to collect most of them in-game.
    15. Just like with the mounts and minions, some of these are available only to those who purchase special merchandise while others can be found in the game or by playing the game long enough. See Veteran Rewards.
    16. Yes.

Does Square-Enix accept payments by debit cards?

How much does it cost to play FF XIV?

How and where do I pay up to start playing?

1. Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Discovery Card and Crysta are accepted.

2. Here is a list of the monthly fees.

3. Once you have bought the game, payments are managed via Mog Station.

Which starting city most reflects wisdom, intelligence, and the element of Water?

Limsa Lominsa or Gridnia

Limsa Lominsa - the city-state of the arcanists, an island surrounded by the vast, blue sea.

Okay, I want to get Final Fantasy XIV along with the ARR and Heavensward expansions, so I can start playing and to meet the other members. I was lurking around in your store a day or two ago, and I believe I caught a glimpse of the FF XIV Heavenward bundle. I seen the sae thing on the GameStop's site. Now, I cant seem to find in in Square-Enix shop today. Would ordering the bundle pack be the same as ordering the whole game?

Is Ventrilo compatible with FF XIV?

On what platform will you be playing the game? The following bundles contain ARR + HW.
    PC Bundle
    PS3 Bundle
    PS4 Bundle
    For newcomers to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, this bundle is the most complete edition and includes both the award-winning FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward.
    Yes, apparently people use it.

Wow, I am sad because your site is not letting me buy the game. I tried to register an account with the store, but it's not working.

What has gone wrong?

and thanks for the PC link

Check directly with the store - customer support should be able to shed some light on the matter.

FFXIV: A Few Questions From a Person Thinking of Buying It

As you probably guessed from the title of thread, I'm heavily considering getting into A Realm Reborn. However, I've got a few nagging questions that I've yet to find decent, satisfactory answers to. So, without further ado, here they are.

1. How's the console version?
    To put it bluntly, my PC is old. It was purchased in 2005, and it wasn't top-of-the-line hardware even then. I read through the specs, and my computer would probably catch fire or something if I tried to run A Realm Reborn on it. However, I do own a PS4. So, what's the console version like? Is it a decent platform to play it on, or is it a case where playing it on anything but a PC is a massive waste of time?

2. What's the barrier to entry like?
    I'm a fan of the "easy to learn, hard to master" (like World of Warcraft or something like that) school of design. What I'm not a fan of is the "informational brick wall" design (EVE Online, etc). Which design philosophy does this game tend to lean towards? I'm not at all opposed to learning huge amounts of information over a long period of time, but if the game demands I learn it all up front, I'll probably pass on the game. This is a make-or-break issue for me.

3. How enjoyable is this game if you don't have lots of friends playing it?
    Obviously, every MMO is going to be better with friends. That's just a simple fact. However, I have perhaps one friend who'll be playing. Is this a situation where I shouldn't even bother, or are there decent ways of finding people in the game to work with?

4. If there's any grinding element, how severe is it?
    As a former Destiny player, this matters a ton to me. I know the game has quite a lot of content, but is this a situation where only a few bits are actually worth doing once you hit a high level? If so, I'll pass once again.

5. If I have a long break from playing, will returning to the game be difficult?
    I'm headed out to basic training in about four months, and then I have tech training after that, so I could be looking at about a four month break from the game. If I'm playing the game by my ship date, will I fall far behind if I take a lengthy break? If I'd fall so far behind that I have no chance of catching back up, I'll pass.

1. The console version is good - I use my PS4 to play this title.

2. It's very easy to get into the game. Just follow the main scenario and you'll soon get the hang of it.

3. Not to worry, you'll get in-game friends (it's hard not to).

4. There's always plenty to do in this game, both for the casual player and the hardcore grinding type of player. Choose what suits you the best.

5. If you want to catch up with the main story then that is not a problem. Most players clear the bigger updates in a day or two. However, if you decide to get a personal house and leave the game for 45 days or more, then your house will be demolished.

Just bought Final Fantasy XIV ARR... Kinda

I bought the game through steam and am currently undergoing a pending transaction for some reason so i got the free 14 day trial which i plan on just learning the game on until my game is cleared on steam then ill migrate to my real account. So im sitting here waiting on it to finish downloading this massive 20G game. I have been a HUGEEEEEE final fantasy fan and am dissapointed its taking me so long to play the game. Anyways i just got some questions while i wait.

Im a MMO RPG Fan so on a scale of 1-10 rate the ammount of fun i can find in this game based on your opinions.

Is their raids and other types of dungeons like most RPGS have.

How is the community? Im 23 so i dont want to be bombarded by toxic players 24/7

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345