Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Kingdom Hearts III on the Wii U (Petition)

Kingdom Hearts III on the Wii U (Petition)

  1. #51

    How would that ruin the game? I've seen this said a couple times, and I don't see a reasonable explanation. Firstly, no one was asking for this game on the Wii - it wouldn't be possible, anyway, seeing as how "Kingdom Shaders" seems to be something they're focusing on with KH3- not to mention that shaders in general are the standard today. Several people have pointed out that this would impact the quality of the game if it were to come to the Wii U, but I don't think that's truthful. While it will divert effort and money into creating a port, the assets they use for the game would most likely stay the same, and the target development would be of course still for DX11 and PS4 and X1. The quality of the game assets wouldn't change, just the fidelity of the rendering in comparison to the actual asset. I'll bring up this example: the textures for the games for the Wii (specifically, though I'm sure there are many other places where this is also the case) that were on disc were higher quality than was actually displayed on the screen - that's the reason why Dolphin emulators are able to get so much better looking results- because the PC's they were running are could render the assets better than the Wii.


    So the only thing that would actually change is how it looks on the Wii U, and that depends on the effort they make to bring it over and what they can do with the Wii U really offers. This is a completely separate issue that would only affect Wii U adopters of the game. In addition, I don't like statements that claim the Wii U is on par with the current generation, because of the lack of concrete information, and some logical reasoning. It's been around 7 years since the PS3 and X360 launched, and it would be more costly for Nintendo to make their hardware on par with old hardware. Clock rates are not all that has to be looked at either - architecture has changed and it seems as though Nintendo has at least architecturally structured the Wii U closer to what developers are looking for (though PPC, lack of direct support for DX11, and their strange memory design to say the least isn't as convenient). The issue the Wii had in comparison to PS3 and X360 was the complete lack of support for shaders. From just inspecting games, I think its safe to say that the games that are coming out for the Wii U are comprable to the later games for the PS3/X360, if not better slightly. And you have to consider that the Wii U is earlier in development cycles, and in the case of Mario Kart 8, X, and Smash Bros at least - since these are internally developed by Nintendo, that this is their early foray into HD development. And like I've said before, I won't argue that the Wii U can match the PS4 and X1, but I'm under the impression that reasonable compromises can be made that a respectable downport can be made.

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by sleepyeyes
    Originally Posted by PshycoNinja


    That doesn't have the best interest of the game in mind nor the consumer in mind as it would divert way to much of the team to port and would cost way too much money for most likely a small return. This is high risk, low reward.



    And, that's the crux of the issue, in a nutshell. All any of you can promise is that you, personally, will buy the game new. You cannot even begin to promise that KH3 for Wii U would sell even a million new copies. SE knows where its sales figures come from; it is no accident that FFX HD and KH 1.5 HD are Playstation exclusives.


    im not sure about the wii U but kingdom hearts 1.5 remix would sell very well on xbox 360 . the petition to bring it to that platform is getting more notice. many 360 owners like myself once owned a ps2 in the old days. many of us played kingdom hearts before and would definetely play a hd remake and gladly purchase it. since KH3 will be on the one might as well bring 1.5 remix to xbox 360 to remind fans what makes kingdom hearts so good.


    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pBu7W-gjzM




  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2

    1- the petition did not make xbox change corporations and jimmy kimmel and his fans did that/


    2- games that are exclusives tend to stay that way save for games like Alan Wake


    3- KH3 has cost SE millions of yen and the WII-u cannot handle the luminous engine, and when square makes an engine they stick with it and if it is built off DX11 that is not supported it would cost them millions to port it, SE had a bad year and are still playing catch up it just isnt happening. Especially with all the money they just put into A realm reborn.


    4- Nomura has stated publicly no DX11 no game and hes in charge of several of their projects now, no petition is going to change his mind with everything that has happened in the past few years at SE including the new management it just doesnt make any sense to port it over these games are on the next gen consoles not the current gen and nintendo has the knack for marketing their systems for families the last few gens, and not the hardcore crowd. SE wants the hardcore crowd its why they are rebuilding a failed MMO, its why versus is coming out- these are NOT for casual gamers.


    5- this has less to do with technology and more about the fanbase- KH is a playstation born series, and SE loves Sony, yes it gave out its prequels and its what if games, but at the end of the day the main games will always be a little better on the sony platform- ms had to whine to get their way and seeing as that system is selling 1 to every 3 ps4s it may not have been smart anyways.


    5- it would be nice to see equality in all systems, but it just isnt happening. Not with crap like "exclusives" and other buzz words flying around. And nintendo released its "next-gen" system which is barely more powerful than its current gen system competitors a year to the end of the current gen- why they did this boggles my mind. Its like they shot itself in the foot on purpose and a new tablet controller costing 170? No, just no. And the system is tanking right now, nintendo is in financial trouble and yes i can source this. They did however rebound slightly, but they will be effectivly almost knocked out if the ps4 and xb1 preorders are meant to be believed.




  4. #54

    1. I'm sure the change was in development after the reaction at E3. It wouldn't have just done a 180 because of a TV show - it takes a while to get approval for big changes.


    2. Yeah, no arguing that but no harm in trying


    3. Luminous Engine is supposedly scalable, and reason's I've posted before


    4. If you're taking what they say for 100% truth, it'd be wrong. There's a lot of other factors that play in, it's a business


    5. Yeah, but how about Xbox. Nintendo had several KH titles that were important.


    6. Yeah, but no harm in trying. Like I've said before, people are assuming things without concrete evidence. Sure its no PS4 or X1, but it isn't
    "current gen" either. Controller is more like 120. And Nintendo as $30 billion in assets, they've had a loss, but they're not in financial trouble. How does this affect its probability of coming to the Wii U though? That's their own problem to handle.

  5. #55
    Yep!

  6. #56
    That is the most reasonable post I ever heard. Plus, the WiiU uses the OpenGL engine, which is equivalent to DX11. There's proof of that on a video on youtube and on a special Facebook page named "Bring KH3 to the WiiU".

  7. #57
    Less than 4 million people, worldwide, bought a WiiU. I can't find the pre-order numbers on PS4, but there are almost 80 million PS3s out there. Since the WiiU market is predominately casual gamers, there is just no formula out there that sees profitability for a WiiU port of KH3. Casual gamers are shifting away from the 100 million Wiis they bought, toward mobile platforms like Android and iOS. Also, SE's RPG market isn't casual gamers. Casual gamers are the people who buy 35 million copies of Call of Duty. They are not people who post on vendor-specific game forums. Your petitions don't come anywhere near the demand that SE would need to see in order to respond in your favor, and SE has no reason to think the casual gaming community (the lion's share of WiiU owners) will buy KH3.

    No offense intended, but do what everyone else is doing. Buy a PS4. The games are amazing, and there will be several SE killer apps, one of which is KH3.
    Last edited by sleepyeyes; 13th Aug 2013 at 11:55.

  8. #58
    I believe that's a generalizing statement, but it shows the stigmatism the Wii U has and what Nintendo has to change. If anything, with the small market the Wii U has, I'd assume most of the user base would be core Nintendo fans, which aren't by any means casual gamers. I agree that unless the Wii U's market expands, the viability of a port from SE would be under question. However, saying that the market on the Wii U isn't suitable for RPGs I don't find true. If anything, Nintendo platforms are thriving with RPGs. Wii's operation rainfall games are an example of that, and the 3DS is home to Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fire Emblem, and Pokémon, to say the least. Not to mention the DS and 3DS Square Enix titles.

    No one said anything about not buying the PS4; I think people are making the point though, that it seems unreasonable (if the Wii U starts to take off) to not have KH3 (and personally for me FFXV as well) on Nintendo platforms. The artistic style of the game and the gameplay are a pretty good fit for the Wii U's libraries and Nintendo platforms.

    Inversely, I would like to see Square Enix put out titles to make a market for themselves, rather than waiting for a market to arise; this'd end the catch 22 Nintendo seems to suffer a lot on their consoles. Alas, Square Enix is a business and these projects probably have high budgets, so the chances of them taking risks is low :/.

    That doesn't stop me from crossing my fingers that there'll be an announcement at TGS though!

  9. #59
    Originally Posted by rayman42003
    I believe that's a generalizing statement, but it shows the stigmatism the Wii U has and what Nintendo has to change.
    How's this for a generalization: no one bought the Wii U.

  10. #60
    Yes, that is a generalization, but I don't see how helps argue anything, seeing as there are at least 3.5 million sold. At least your argument that the Wii U's audience primarily consisted of casual gamers was substantiated, albeit with incorrect assumptions.

    The Playstation 3, in the same time span as the Wii U, was only doing marginally better than the Wii U is now. It was due to aggressive price cuts, marketing, and the unfaltering investment of third parties into the system that brought it out of the ditch. The Wii U probably won't be able to match the Playstation 3's numbers or reach such a big audience as they did with the blue ocean strategy of the Wii, but they should be able to manage a reasonable amount of sales - their IPs are quite strong, and they're consecutively releasing big hitters from now to early 2014, and the promise of a new Zelda and maybe some hidden cards up their sleeves could generate the demand. It's sad in my opinion at least, that third parties are able to invest in the Playstation 3, a console with such a similar predicament, and not support the Wii U.

    If my memory serves me correctly, Square Enix has not released any non-virtual console titles for the Wii U in North America, and the only title they seem to be bringing is Deus Ex, a year (and probably a half by the time it comes out) old title. I don't know if this is Nintendo's doing or SE's, but either way I think that something like a FFXIII trilogy (despite how negatively some people feel about this game) would be a better fit with Nintendo's audience, in terms of story, art style and gameplay. But of course, I'm starting to tread into my own personal preferences :P.

    I'd also like to add, in regards to your second to last post, that pre-order numbers don't necessarily equate to actual sales; however, I agree that they are indicative of the demand for the console. Also, I'm having difficulty understanding how a colorful title with a straightforward gameplay system consisting of both Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters wouldn't fit with Nintendo's audience.

  11. #61

    shut up, blackpoison

    Originally Posted by blackpoison
    I bloody hope not the Wii U is barely more powerful then then current gen systems meaning if they develop with the Wii U in mind the quality of the entire game will be brought down





    The PS4 and XBOX One are much closer in power 1.84 TFLOPS vs 1.24 TFLOPS vs the Wii U crappy current gen power of 0.35 TFLOPS*








    Do you really think what the development team has in mind for an epic final quest in the Xeanort Saga can really run on the Wii U's pathetic Hardware? Do you really think the Wii U can run this ingame @ 1080p and 60 FPS
    Shut up, you dont know what you are talking about. Graphics dont make the game, the story makes the game. Who cares if the trees dont look the same? Why do you have it out for a great console with great fans who incedently have had more some of the most important stories told on nintendo consoles. Should we mention the fact that while your games look pretty they have no substance you are spending a fortune to play a shooting game that you played years ago with a slightly updated look. Also we have a second screen that can be used for a number of amazing tricks to enhance gameplay. Blackpoison. Your name is apt. For what runs through your veins and what you spit out onto the internet.

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by sleepyeyes
    How's this for a generalization: no one bought the Wii U.
    try again. looking at sales figures for the games not the console we find that 10 million people bought Rayman Legends wii u version. extrapolating out a minimum of 10 million wii u's have been sold. is 10 million no one? The reason its had a slow start is because its limites with the games but with christmas season upon us the wii u's figures are gonna soar. just look at the 3DS's sales, started slow then BOOM massive sales. So shut up yoi dont know what your on about.

  13. #63
    Originally Posted by sleepyeyes
    And, that's the crux of the issue, in a nutshell. *All any of you can promise is that you, personally, will buy the game new. *You cannot even begin to promise that KH3 for Wii U would sell even a million new copies. *SE knows where its sales figures come from; it is no accident that FFX HD and KH 1.5 HD are Playstation exclusives. *
    Actually you can based on sales data for the nintendo exclusive kh games then more than 10 million people would in fact get it. also it would be cheap and easy to port over and a game this awesome is gonna get some notice low cost high reward. So shut up you dont know what your on about.

  14. #64
    Originally Posted by blackpoison
    Keyword PS3.*The PS3 and Wii U are simillar in power which is why I have no problem with cross platform games that began on the Playstation 3








    HOWEVER The Playstation 4 is 5 times more powerful then the Wii U (maybe more) so like I mentioned prevously if they develop with the Wii U in mind the ENTIRE quality of the exerperience will be brought down to current gen level because you have to develop wth the lowest system in mind.





    The worlds would be tiny and linear due to ram size and ram speed limitations (1 GB DDR3 running @ 12.8 GB/S vs 7GB running @ 176 GB/S) 1 GB is reserved to both systems *





    What you're going to see with the PS4 AND Xbox One is more open worlds higher frame rates better graphics higher resolution with better effects and with a game like Kingdom Hearts this means EVERYTHING








    For those like myself who have been waiting for Kingdom Hearts in a truly next gen experience we must not let this get on to the Wii U
    Ok moron. whats your problem? how would a wii u version affect you really? also the wii u can be considered next gen because next gen refers to the next console nothing to do with power or anything. The wii u is the next generation after the wii, xbox one next gen from the 360, ps4 next gen from ps3. And if you want to play it that way nintendo have like 10 consoles more than xbox and playstation so technically they are behind. shut the hell up.

  15. #65
    Originally Posted by rayman42003
    Yes, that is a generalization, but I don't see how helps argue anything, seeing as there are at least 3.5 million sold. At least your argument that the Wii U's audience primarily consisted of casual gamers was substantiated, albeit with incorrect assumptions.

    The Playstation 3, in the same time span as the Wii U, was only doing marginally better than the Wii U is now. It was due to aggressive price cuts, marketing, and the unfaltering investment of third parties into the system that brought it out of the ditch. The Wii U probably won't be able to match the Playstation 3's numbers or reach such a big audience as they did with the blue ocean strategy of the Wii, but they should be able to manage a reasonable amount of sales - their IPs are quite strong, and they're consecutively releasing big hitters from now to early 2014, and the promise of a new Zelda and maybe some hidden cards up their sleeves could generate the demand. It's sad in my opinion at least, that third parties are able to invest in the Playstation 3, a console with such a similar predicament, and not support the Wii U.

    If my memory serves me correctly, Square Enix has not released any non-virtual console titles for the Wii U in North America, and the only title they seem to be bringing is Deus Ex, a year (and probably a half by the time it comes out) old title. I don't know if this is Nintendo's doing or SE's, but either way I think that something like a FFXIII trilogy (despite how negatively some people feel about this game) would be a better fit with Nintendo's audience, in terms of story, art style and gameplay. But of course, I'm starting to tread into my own personal preferences :P.

    I'd also like to add, in regards to your second to last post, that pre-order numbers don't necessarily equate to actual sales; however, I agree that they are indicative of the demand for the console. Also, I'm having difficulty understanding how a colorful title with a straightforward gameplay system consisting of both Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters wouldn't fit with Nintendo's audience.
    I agree completly. KH already has a strong fan base in Nintendo world because of the 4 nintendo exclusives (vs 3 ps exclusives). One could argue that putting KH3 onto the PS4 makes no sense because it will have been two consoles since the last KH game meaning a lot of fans may have moved on. And definatly putting it onto the Xbox One makes absolutly no sense because there has never been a KH game for that console series it would be like putting Halo onto the Wii U. Sure you might get some sales but all you're really gonna end up with is a bunch of discs you cant sell and pi**ed of Xbox gamers.

  16. #66
    Originally Posted by blackpoison
    Man I need to make a counter petition for this I DO NOT want *Kingdom Hearts 3 to be ruined by the stupid Wii U fanboys just buy a PS4 and stop being cheap
    Ok, you head. A) it wouldnt be ruined it would be made better and B) the PS4 is over priced for the * that it is. I wouldnt use that thing if you payed me the £400+ its gonna cost. Its nothing new, oops sorry i mean no useful new things. "Look at me, mommy im sending a live stream of the crappy game I'm playing. Hahaha.

  17. #67
    Petitions are pointless and utterly useless when it comes to getting games on certain systems, it never worked for Kingdom Hearts games before and it will not work anytime soon. There was a petition to get Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix on Xbox360, it never happened. Once a game system's been decided for a game, it does not change unless it's a remake for an upgraded version of the system made by the same company, (from PS2 to PS3) . Kingdom Hearts 3 has been decided to go on PS4 and Xbox One. Once Square Enix announced a game, they don't go putting the game on another system as well.

    I'm not trying to be mean here, just pointing out that petition hardly ever change anything, it doesn't work on getting them to port the game to a 2nd or 3rd system. Just don't get your hopes up too high, you'll only be disappointed when it is released.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    I hope to that Square Enix start to make a Wii U version, Its just a excuse Wii U cant hold the Graphics..... I just think their dont trust the Wii U but i know its going to be on sold when Metroid Prime or The legend of Zelda Hd (the unnamen titel ) is coming out. The Console have just a bad Start cause the Peopel dont give it a try for the new Controller. I dont understand Gameboy advanced had a Kh game. Nintendo ds has and Now Dreamdrop distance then why not on Wii U??? Its just needs Time and the most Delevopers dont know what to do with the Dual Screen but when one Idea pops up,already it comes millions of ideas, Please SQUARE ENIX make a Wii U version cause i dont like to buy a New Console just for a Game cause i dont like Ps 3,4 Controller and Xbox One is 100€ more expsoinver as PS4. I like Kingdom Hearts cause i played 1,2,gameboy Version( i dont remeber the name) ,nintendo ds(358/2 days), and now Dream Drop distance ( i played KH1 and 2 when i was kid ;D) I hope u understand the feelings from the Players on the Wii U. I wish u would think over it and do a "Demo" for the Wii U so u can watch if the Gamers would give it a try or not. and im suer 99% of them would download it and give a 5 star rank+ u brought more Kh series for ninentdo as Sony and yet nothing on Microsofts side then WHY not for the Wii U? Sorry for my bad English im German
    Last edited by Skonic; 30th Nov 2013 at 19:35.

  19. #69

    Post Kingdom Hearts III Wii U version.

    http://nintendoenthusiast.com/interv...eloping-wii-u/

    Hello all. This is Herox95. I'd like to give ya'll some information and facts.
    The Wii U has 1.2GB of ram, which is more than enough to run PS4 and Xbox One games. The Wii U also had more launch games than both the 'next gen' consoles. Only this time. I will call Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One consoles current gen, as this is the current generation of video games. Last gen was the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360.
    I'm not so sure about the CPU as I haven't really been tracking down the data stuff (not very interested), however, it is rumored to be 5x or 3x stronger than last gen. We all know Wii U's first few just some ports, but also some new games, and old franchises such as ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.

    Cheers.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hello square enix. i would like to make the request to have kingdom hearts in wiiu, i can assure you that with the number of users that there are now at least minimum sold 2 million more suppose you sold 3 million in play 4 and 1 million on Xbox. they would not like to another 2 million or 1.5 millon in sales?. They look to you like to take risks is not true?, because this business is not as risky, and insurance is more than in xboxone.

  21. #71
    If you Wii U owners want to play KH3 so badly, why not just get a next generation console like everyone else who wants it?

  22. #72
    I'm a Xbox fan myself and feel very happy to have KH3 on my gaming console.
    Still dreaming of the possibility of having KH 1.5 and 2.5 on Xbox (hopefully on Xbox 360).
    I also own a nintendo 3Ds and played all the Kh games released for it.
    I probably won't be getting a wii U, but I think it's fair that they have the game too. It's the only new generation gaming console that won't have it and they deserve it as well!

    But guys, instead of complaining others shouldn't have this game, we all should come together to help this amazing game franchise to be available to everyone, regardless of their gaming console. Think about it

    Best Regards

  23. #73
    I actually do not have a xbox one or ps4 they were out of my price range I think itd be smart to make kingdom hearts 3 for all 3 systems more money to be made right id preorder it the day it was announced (for wii u)

  24. #74
    Kingdom Hearts III should definitely come to Wii U. With the release of Mario Kart 8 the Wii U has taken second place in the console race and is holding steady. With Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta II and Smash Bros around the corner the Wii U fanbase is going to skyrocket. Most of the Kingdom Hearts games have been on Nintendo platforms and I've played them all. Having recently beaten the excellent Dream Drop Distance, I'm dying for some more Kingdom Hearts.

    There's a much bigger fanbase on Wii U for Kingdom Hearts than there is on Xbox One. Most of the games Square released on 360 bombed. That audience isn't interested in Japanese style games. Bring KH3 and FFXV to Wii U and do it right, no shoddy ports, all features included and it will sell like crack-laced hotcakes.

  25. #75
    Didn't Nomura once say that he would want to have KH3 on "the successor to the Wii?"

Page 3 of 3 First First 123