Thread: Which are you favorite albums ?

Which are you favorite albums ?

my favorite album is final fantasy IV Piano Collections. i feel that i can say i have a favorite musical piece above all others and that one is "Theme of Love". since i heard that piece for the first time i've always loved, i still remember the funny sound my gba produced.

Symphonic Suite: Final Fantasy

I've had this one for years and years, and I still go back to it every now and then to hear some of the wonderful arrangements for orchestra for Final Fantasy I, II, and III. My favorite part in the album is the Temple of Chaos section, or Scene VII which features The Rebel Army from Final Fantasy II.

i have that album its amazing but also quite hard to find these days im always lost to which parts are in which scene but i really like the "eternal wind" part from final fantasy III

Originally Posted by Earth

Symphonic Suite: Final Fantasy

I've had this one for years and years, and I still go back to it every now and then to hear some of the wonderful arrangements for orchestra for Final Fantasy I, II, and III. My favorite part in the album is the Temple of Chaos section, or Scene VII which features The Rebel Army from Final Fantasy II.

Not every day Symphonic Suite gets mentioned! That entire record's a treasure, but the two parts you mentioned are my favorites too. Although, FFIII actually isn't represented on SS:FF; just I & II.

My favorite album is probably FINAL FANTASY VI: Grand Finale, even though there were a couple of arrangements (Milan de Chocobo comes to mind) that felt like filler. The grand harpsicordal and orchestrated sound is so warm and lush. Those recordings of Kids Run through the City, Gau, and Aria di Mezzo Carattere are pure magic to me.

yes i confused symphonic suite with legend of the eternal wind i feel ashamed forgive me. wow Final Fantasy VI: grand finale is awesome as disk, i like a lot the track "blackjack" and "mistery train".

What's interesting about Legend of the Eternal Wind is that it got released before the actual OSV did. I think that's why it carries a spoken narrative structure.

Sleeper hit in my house turned out to be FF Mix. The Dear Friends remix isn't just a keeper, it's a gem that gets lots of play here!

Also, 20020220 ....because it was the first live concert cd release. (At least that I know of..) Hearing a live recording of the FF VIII opener....eep!! X3

Symphonic Suite was actually the first live concert album, but it's hard to compare since only I & II were out for SS:FF. 20020220 definitely feels like the first.

Originally Posted by Coddlefish

Symphonic Suite was actually the first live concert album, but it's hard to compare since only I & II were out for SS:FF. 20020220 definitely feels like the first.

I picked up 20020220 years ago along with the FF X Rikki single even though at the time I wasn't familiar with it. Glad I did, however, since it turned out to be fantastic! (If you haven't had the chance to get this yet, it has the feel of an actual concert: there's instument tuning before Liberi Fatali and some MC tracks as well where the songs are introduced and vocalists talked to.) Later on, I picked up More Friends to go along with this one. (More Friends has One Winged Angel Advent on it!!! X3)