Thread: Linking two PS2

Linking two PS2

  1. #1

    Big Grin Linking two PS2

    Well i finally figured it out. sony for some reason just doesn't sell a straight up link cable for the ps2, so what you need to use is what is called a "1394 Cable". what you do is plugthe thing in the front of the ps2 (the smaller hole, not the two USB), then just go to "arcade" and then "network" and your set. On eproblem is that both ps2's need TS2, on ps2 starts a game, the other joins in.

  2. #2

    Big Grin Ahem..

    Not be a total Poindexter but...

    The correct term for what Sony call an iLink cable would be an IEEE 1394... or Firewire cable
    These are quite common, however the plugs vary. Big ones and small ones.. For a PS2 we need a 4/4 (small plugs in either end).
    My problem is that no-one here as the slightest idea of what I'm on about when I want a 4/4 and not the 4/6 or 6/6..
    As a result of the non-existant knowledge of available cables and really bad sercive in the local shops, I have yet to try out the networked TS2 experience. *Sob, boohoo, and suchalikes*

    Rant over now.. promise.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I find that PS2-compatible I-link cables can be found in most games shops.

  4. #4
    Linking PS2's Rullezzz. I've played TS2 with 5 people. nog just 5 people no 5 elite they all have 100%. damn that rocks