View Poll Results: Do you want Kurtis to live?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • LIVE, KURTIS, LIVE!!!!!

142 62.28%
  • Burn in H*ll, Kurtis! DIE!!!!

86 37.72%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Kurtis live or die? YOU DECIDE!!!!

Will Kurtis live or die? YOU DECIDE!!!!

Do you want Kuris to live another day and show up in the next game, or to meet his maker and never bother with him again? It's your decision, folks!

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!!!!!
    You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't...oh well!

It is refreshing to have a new playable character thrown into the mix of the Tomb Raider series after so many years of Lara having risked life an limb in solitude. Using a character like Kurtis illustrates a fact of life that the designers of Tomb Raider have never addressed before. Truly, no man (or woman) can be an island unto themself. Lara is apparently not as invincible as she has made herself out to be over the years. Bringing in a character of the opposite gender also opens the door for other possibilites that we have never seen Lara face before. Kurtis obviously has certain gifts that make him somewhat more effective during certain tight situations. Kurtis also has more potential in that we really don't know in what direction the developers are going to go with him. Just what is the extent of his abilities? That is a question which will require a good amount of time to realize. I believe that it is finally time for Lara to bid goodbye to her solo days in the world of video games.

For more insights as to some possible paths for Kurtis in the future, please refer to my "Objective Analysis of Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, and Insightful Ideas".

Thanks for taking the time to hear my two cents.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Originally posted by TRWad
    DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE

Big Grin

ROTFLMAO!!!! But I have to agree with Jewell. You da bomb, Kurtis!

DOES KURTIS LOVE LARA?

Hey im a HUUUGGGGGEEEEE tomb raider fan and LARA CROFT is such a idol to me and i brough the angel of darkness and im getting along with it well but i wanna know..does kurtis fall in love with lara?
    I want him to live anyways because he rules !!! seeya dudes

Re: DOES KURTIS LOVE LARA?

Originally posted by KurtisLovesLara
    but i wanna know..does kurtis fall in love with lara?
    Not in this game, but people hope that they will.

IMO, I wouldn't mind either way. Just bring Kurtis back!

Kurtis better not end up dating Lara. I love the sharp wit and sarcasm between the pair, its great. Every time the two encounter theres an electric atmosphere between them but I dont think that they will go out, I think that would be a bad turn for the game

I think Kurtis is really cool, and even in his "beta" state added a lot to the game. He's a great foil for Lara, and I agree with what Black Angel said in his/her very insightful analysis. I don't think his presence would mean that Lara can't go solo any more though, I think that they would work as a team, but not necessarily physically together all the time....Lara would still be free to do her own thing, as we saw in AoD after they teamed up.
    I also think that his status as the last surviving Lux Veritatis member makes him interesting. He should definitely be a part of the ongoing fight against the Cabal and Nephilim.

Go Kurtis!!

The only way i would want kurtis to appear in the next TR game was if it was made in the style of resident evil where you could play the game with one character OR the other. Wether this meant playing the same game, just with a different charachter model or with a slightly different scenario for each character, i dont mind. Just as long as i dont have to play as him. wouldnt go as far as wanting him to die tho.

He should appear in the next game... only to be run over by a truck!

Lara could be driving a stolen petrol tanker, really fast. Kurtis is skipping along the pavement holding an ice cream and then runs in the road, Lara can't stop and mows over Kurtis! Now re-names to "Hurtis" he is dragged 3 miles down the road, Lara crashes the truck accidentally, she runs off, the fuel catches fire, there's a big explosion and we never hear of Hurtis again!

Hoorah!

Kurtis was a slob and he probably smelled of B.O. and over ripe bananas. I think Lara should kill him, just as a nod to the new movie.
    EVAN

Originally posted by TRWad
    I agree with you he should die

i would prefer kurtis to die. such a lame guy. the guy sounds like a gorilla in the game and he is so slow. Takes 10 secs for him to accelarate and run at a constant speed. But he is cute. Hmm i changed my mind. Kurtis should rather become an evil character in the next tr.

copy/paste. Link doesnt work.
    ::: http://craptor.0catch.com/laravskurtis.jpg

Originally posted by ToNi
    the guy sounds like a gorilla in the game
    That's EXACTLY what my sister said!

If you couldnt already tell by my name...I want him to live. He is cool, although in the next game, I would want him to be able to use his glaive.

Don't kill Kurtis! I think he's a cool character. Hopefully in the next game we will get to use his 'supernatural abilities' and the Chigurai. I read that we were going to get to use these in AOD, but they got cut due to time constraints. If Crystal Dynamics puts these back in, I think a lot more people would not mind Kurtis.

LIVE!!!!!!!!!

i want him to live because hes cute in that aroggant cocky sort of way just like half the guys in my class. there annoying but can be so adorable at times....

Hey, can u guess the majority of the sexes of people replying positively to this post?

Why its almost as if the makers put Kurtis in the game to attract more female players!!!

I dont mind if he returns, but please make him constant in his abilities. If he can jump all over the Louvre etc he can jump out of the pit with Boaz as opposed to standing there getting slimed and firing with unerring accuracy at the wrong pods for days and days until the gameplayer sees him in his worst nightmares and has to undergo therapy....wibble wibble. And why can't he use his spinning disc thing??

I agree with ToNi

Originally posted by ToNi
    Kurtis should rather become an evil character in the next tr.
    I agree with that. And I would like him to die in the end of the game in which he becomes a negative character and Lara, feeling sorry for him, should keep for herself Kurtis's weapons so she could think of him day and night.
    VCI#14 - Lara Croft is THE BEST !!!

Originally posted by cammer
    Hey, can u guess the majority of the sexes of people replying positively to this post?

Why its almost as if the makers put Kurtis in the game to attract more female players!!!

Well it worked on me Actually I was already a TR fan, having played all the other games to death, but I certainly appreciate his backside, er, I mean PRESENCE
    Male Raiders have had Lara's luscious curves to drool over for seven years now....it's about time there was something similar for the ladies

I dont mind if he returns, but please make him constant in his abilities. If he can jump all over the Louvre etc he can jump out of the pit with Boaz as opposed to standing there getting slimed and firing with unerring accuracy at the wrong pods for days and days until the gameplayer sees him in his worst nightmares and has to undergo therapy....wibble wibble. And why can't he use his spinning disc thing??
    Because he was drastically cut back from what he should have been in order to get the game out on time. There are quite a few posts on this in other threads, but bascially; he was intended to have several different special powers that you could use in game; his Chirugai, Farsee, see in the dark, power drain from enemies, telekinetically enhanced jump etc. In the end none of these were incorporated into the game, and most of them didn't even make it into cutscenes. A great shame.

I don't care about that ! Live or Die , it's not important ! But from the ending CG , you should find that Kurtis's weapon was trembling. What does that imply, everybody should know . Apparently,Eidos doesn't want Kurtis to end his role so quickly.

[/b][/quote]

Because he was drastically cut back from what he should have been in order to get the game out on time. There are quite a few posts on this in other threads, but bascially; he was intended to have several different special powers that you could use in game; his Chirugai, Farsee, see in the dark, power drain from enemies, telekinetically enhanced jump etc. In the end none of these were incorporated into the game, and most of them didn't even make it into cutscenes. A great shame. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well thank you for the explanation Raven, I didn't know any of that. It would be have been far better to have those powers, but even better if they had simply made the autoaim work!

Cool

LIVE KURTIS LIVE!!!!

i think curtis is great addition on AOD but if he will come on the next TR game i think its better to improve his move because his very slower in the game

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast