Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will You Still Buy TR Even if it isn't Done by Core?

Question Will You Still Buy TR Even if it isn't Done by Core?

If/when CD develops a Tomb Raider game, will you purchase it? I know it's hard to tell until you actually see what they produce. But some people might be angry and not want to buy anything that wasn't made by Core Design.

I am absolutely furious right now at Eidos. Core made an incredible game (AOD) and Eidos tells them it's no good, so they kick them out of the series and get a new company. I have had no problems with the game what so ever.

In my opinion I will really have to think it through before I suddenly give it up to a company I've never heard of before. Tomb Raider was Core's best game of all time -- now I bet their name is going to disappear.

I am one UNhappy Raider. Thanks for ruining it Eidos

Wait for the first screenshots before you start whining, please.

Don't tell me you're not upset about this. Core is the founder of Tomb Raider. NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO MATCH WHAT THEY'VE DONE.

Oh, if it says "Tomb Raider" on it, I'll buy it, regardless of how many previews and reviews may say it is terrible....the FIRST time.

If it ain't Tomb Raider after I play it, well....time for a new hobby, I suppose.

I won't assume CD is going to botch it and spoil the "British Tombraiderliness" of it without playing it first, though, but I will continue to ominously intone "Leave it Lara Croft Tomb Raider, Don't make it "Barb Wire does arkee-o-logy" until I see where the theoretical TR 7 is going, development-wise.

Originally posted by John Carter
    Oh, if it says "Tomb Raider" on it, I'll buy it, regardless of how many previews and reviews may say it is terrible....the FIRST time.

If it ain't Tomb Raider after I play it, well....time for a new hobby, I suppose.

I won't assume CD is going to botch it and spoil the "British Tombraiderliness" of it without playing it first, though, but I will continue to ominously intone "Leave it Lara Croft Tomb Raider, Don't make it "Barb Wire does arkee-o-logy" until I see where the theoretical TR 7 is going, development-wise.
    True, true. I suspect they know if they ruin it that'll be the REAL end for Lara.

We'll all just have to wait and see I guess...does anyone know the site for CD?

Now, didn't Core have the right to say no to Eidos though?

Now, didn't Core have the right to say no to Eidos though?
    Legally, no. Eidos owns Core and Tomb Raider lock, stock, and barrell, and can do with it as they want.

I'm too old to think the law has much to do with justice, however.

Nontheless, I'll keep an open mind until events prove or disprove my concerns. I certainly don't wish CD any ill on this thing, I hope they will keep the things that made TR great and produce a really innovative, new, and enjoyable product that is true to its roots.

I still can't believe this happened. I don't really know what to think, you know what I mean?

Core has done a fantastic job in every game. It's hard to imagine someone just picking it up where it left off and making a BETTER (in Eidos's mind) TR game.

I have my doubts but we'll all just have to wait TWO MORE YEARS to find out.

There's a better chance of me buying the next one now that CD is doing it than there was if Core were going to continue that trilogy.

I've said before all of this news broke that the next one would be the first TR where I'd wait and see what reaction was to it before buying.

Now I will wait for some details and screenshots, but there's a better chance of me going straight out and buying it.

I am with everyone who thinks lets wait and see the first screenshots etc. I just hope they dont do Lara Croft: the vampire slayer. The legacy of kain connections of CD dont fill me with any enthusiasm. I am sure tho they will play a few Tomb Raiders before they develop their own version. I think the next game will be either really good or really bad.

Originally posted by Katie_Tomb_Raider
    NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO MATCH WHAT THEY'VE DONE.
    Let's hope not!

You have to understand that you are in the not-so-vast minority of people that like AoD. The average review score for the game was 5/10. 95% of new game releases score better than that!

Core had a responsibility to Eidos to make a game that would be accepted by more people than just a few hard core fans of the franchise like yourself. They failed and they are paying the price for it.

Originally posted by spanks
    Core had a responsibility to Eidos to make a game that would be accepted by more people than just a few hard core fans of the franchise like yourself. They failed and they are paying the price for it.
    Even worse, they produced a game that failed to please many of the harcore fans too.
    To answer the original question, yes, I'd still buy a new TR regardless
    of it's developer, if i and only i, feel it worths.

I remember when the very first TR came out and i bought it. It was in the paper that a fairly local company from where i live (birmingham, england) had created this game that was going to change 3d gaming forever. I rushed out and bought it on the strength of that and was hooked from then on, After TR1 and TR2 tho TR has started to loose its roots (in my opinion) and although ive bought and supported every TR game been released, i may think long and hard as to whether i go along with other releases from now.

UK Raider

NO, I will not buy it! I can't stand eidos now. Wait for screenshots my @#%. They are not that good of developers anyway! Soul reaver was TR with vampiers. They copied TR. I SEE WHY EIDOS PICKED THEM! I don't even want to play the other TR's anymore.
    The only reason why some people on this board are ok with the change is because of Lara's breast instead of the gameplay! It's maybe the soul reason you started playing TR!

Originally posted by spanks
    Let's hope not!

You have to understand that you are in the not-so-vast minority of people that like AoD. The average review score for the game was 5/10. 95% of new game releases score better than that!

I don't know why the game got such bad reviews. I'm on the last level now and there hasn't been ANY problems with it what so ever. I would say this is their best game (bug wise).

I just don't get why they "failed" -- because in my mind they succeeded

Katie you have to look at the bigger picture.

While I think AOD was bad it`s not as bad as some make out. I`ve played many much worse games.

However, it is not what it could be and should be and did have many bugs, missing textures, poor level design and all the other faults so many people have pointed out.

You have to look at what game technology is capable of doing these days. Do you as a TR fan not want the game to be cutting edge? I do. And AOD wasn`t.

Core are not up to the job. Plain and simple. Whether CD will be any better remians to be seen.

Originally posted by jodman3

The only reason why some people on this board are ok with the change is because of Lara's breast instead of the gameplay! It's maybe the soul reason you started playing TR!
    If we were going by that, then a bunch of us should be over the moon with AoD, no?

i dont know yet. This morning when i first herd the news i said to myself i wouldn't buy it at all. Like UKraider, i first bought TR coz it was made practically next door to me (Derby, England). It was the only british game i liked playing, and i just hope that CD dont "americanise" it, so to speak.

But i'll wait for the screens to be released and make up my mind then probably. But personally, i think that this decision could be the end for TR as we know it.

Originally posted by wgell
    Katie you have to look at the bigger picture.

While I think AOD was bad it`s not as bad as some make out. I`ve played many much worse games.

However, it is not what it could be and should be and did have many bugs, missing textures, poor level design and all the other faults so many people have pointed out.

You have to look at what game technology is capable of doing these days. Do you as a TR fan not want the game to be cutting edge? I do. And AOD wasn`t.

Core are not up to the job. Plain and simple. Whether CD will be any better remians to be seen.
    Ok, I've considered what you said. I encountered NO bugs, saw a few missing textures (perhaps 2) which isn't a big deal, and as for poor level design? What was wrong with it? I absolutely loved the levels! A bit short, yes, but still very good.

Game technology today is incredible. Name one game that is better than Tomb Raider. In fact, TR is now basically the only game I play, because all the other games have been there, done that -- and are boring, ooh and did I mention the crap graphics?

Originally posted by UNREAL|dave
    i dont know yet. This morning when i first herd the news i said to myself i wouldn't buy it at all. Like UKraider, i first bought TR coz it was made practically next door to me (Derby, England). It was the only british game i liked playing, and i just hope that CD dont "americanise" it, so to speak.

But i'll wait for the screens to be released and make up my mind then probably. But personally, i think that this decision could be the end for TR as we know it.
    Couldn't agree more

i heard a rumour that in the next TR game (made by CD) that instead of fighting a T-Rex it will be a gecho lizard wearing shades.

Originally posted by TR-AOD
    i heard a rumour that in the next TR game (made by CD) that instead of fighting a T-Rex it will be a gecho lizard wearing shades.
    That's not even funny...this whole deal is making me sick

i say hopefully they can make a better game
    i mean AOD could have been a lot better...

Will BUY! I'm sure they know what they are doing, core was in up lately, yes AOD, had lot's of good , but seems not enough. Anyway, a lot of folks that were there from day1 of TR left in the meantime, so... we'll see

Even though I'm not the happiest at the news, I'm still gonna buy the next game - everything'll turn out ok!

Originally posted by TR-AOD
    I know everyone is very serious about this issue, but as corney as it sounds I just had too giggle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast