Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [ AGGREGATE ] Common technical issues for the LoK games

Yeah, you need to patch the game to 1.2.

HELP!! I completely uninstalled SR2 by going to Programs, Eidos Interactive, Soul Reaver 2, Uninstall Soul Reaver 2 which uninstalled the game leaving the game folder behind which I then deleted through Windows Explorer.

Now, when the CD autoruns, I click on Play and nothing happens, I click on Uninstall and nothing happens. There is no option to Install SR2.

Ive even gone to Windows Explorer, clicked on CD drive (D), selected SR2 to be told "this application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" I cannot find this file anywhere on my computer and even if I had the file, I would not know where to put it to make my copy of SR2 work again.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm....binkw32.dll missing must mean that it was one of the shared files that SR2 used, and it was accidentally uninstalled

Either that or you have a virus, you might want to scan your pc. If it is indeed the product of a virus, you should check some internet pages about that virus which infected you, they usually tell you how to replace the files the virus affects

Eitherway you'll have to find a new binkw32.dll somewhere( maybe in your OS'es isntalation cd), or re-install your OS

just found this(via google)...might come usefull for you http://www.liutilities.com/products/...brary/binkw32/

I am sorry but I cant help you any further than this.

No, she just needs to reinstall the game.

In order to make that possible, follow the instructions in the first post in this thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdi...?s=&forumid=92

It's the fourth answer.

Originally posted by blincoln
    No, she just needs to reinstall the game.

In order to make that possible, follow the instructions in the first post in this thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdi...?s=&forumid=92

It's the fourth answer.
    Ive even followed the solution given in the fourth answer "You deleted the Soul Reaver 2 folder on your PC instead of uninstalling the game, and now you can't reinstall it because it thinks it is already there? You'll need to do some registry editing. Be VERY careful, because you can make your PC unuseable if you screw up. If you've never edited the registry before, you should probably ask a friend for help. Go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then Software, then Eidos Interactive, and delete the entire Soul Reaver 2 tree. Now you'll be able to install the game again. Use the proper uninstall next time =)." There is no Eidos Interactive folder / Soul Reaver 2 tree there under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software.

I am not being given the option to reinstall SR 2 at all.

I think there isn't a eidos interactive folder even when the game is properly installed. Try Crystal Dinamics folder instead (that is where my soul reaver 2 and blood omen 2 tree are)

Originally posted by Vinicius
    I think there isn't a eidos interactive folder even when the game is properly installed. Try Crystal Dinamics folder instead (that is where my soul reaver 2 and blood omen 2 tree are)
    Thank you very much Vinicius. It worked

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345