View Poll Results: What is your preferred controller?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keyboard only

27 27.55%
  • Keyboard + mouse

39 39.80%
  • Digital-only gamepad (no analogue sticks)

11 11.22%
  • Gamepad with one analogue stick

8 8.16%
  • Gamepad with two analogue sticks (Dual-shock style)

35 35.71%
  • Joystick

6 6.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC Controls

Originally posted by blincoln
    There are three groups at Crystal Dynamics.
    GREAT NEWS

Big Grin defiance controlers

I voted for the keyboard only.

I think that a keyboard only would't be a problem, in the other sr games there weren't any problems with the cameras when raz walked around. So I only used the camera rotation controls when I wanted to look around!

SR isn't a fps game so I don't need a mouse, and it is not like somekind of a flight simulation games to need a pad!

I understand that ppl who have consoles may prefer to play with a pad.

Have anyone played th demo of a game called bloodrayne (I think), it had a keyboard+mouse control system and it sucked!

But if CD makes all options available on the game I think everyone wold be happy!

Me too. In all of the Legacy of Kain games, BO:LoK, LoK:SR, SR2, and BO2 i just used a key bord. If I was to get LoK on the PC (which I may do after I get it for the PS2) I would just use the key bord.
    THERE IS A MAGICAL OPERATION OF MAXIMUM INPORTANCE; THE INTITATION OF A NEW AEON. WHEN IT BECOMES NECESSARY TO UTTER A WORD THE WHOLE PLANNET MUST BE BATHED IN BLOOD... (The first words from BO: LoK.)
    The Realm Of TheElderGodofNosgoth
    The Legacy of Kain Must Haves

Re: defiance controlers

Originally posted by Apoc_Elipse
    Have anyone played th demo of a game called bloodrayne (I think), it had a keyboard+mouse control system and it sucked!

I have BloodRayne for PS2 - the controls are much easier. And it's fun.

Re: defiance controlers

Originally posted by Apoc_Elipse

I have the PC version of the Game and the controls were one of the best ever, I wish tomb Raider AOD's controls were like this

Red Face (Embarrassed)

I always use my gamepad on the PC version of the LoK games. Gravis. One shtick.

The Dual Shock 2 is easily the greatest controller I have ever used n_n;. Now, if only I could find an adapter to use it on the PC

Matt

Originally posted by Sarxis
    I always use my gamepad on the PC version of the LoK games. Gravis. One shtick.
    I have a Gravis BlackHawk joystick. Never worked, is collecting dust on a shelf as we speak.

Stupid thing...

(I wish they'd put out a DualShock 2 for PC - it would make things SOOO much easier, and help breach the gap between console and PC gaming - BOTH WAYS.)

I BELIEVE there are special adapters to let you use Dual Shock and every other console controllers(including N64 and PSX) on your PC. Lots of the emulation sites I go to have them advertised, so you should do a search on google and ebay for those.

Exclamation

OOOOOooooooooooh...

Hey, something worthwhile to look up! Thanks!

controller ps2 to usb

I found a converter that works perfectly for me on Windows XP (with SP1). It just automatically detected it without me having to configure it at all. Its here:

http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/catalog...roducts_id=239

Now I can use my dual shock ps2 controller with my pc if it helps anyone.

It looks like Logitech is going to be releasing a Dual Shock 2-style controller as well:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=880707

Big Grin controls

I Preffer keyboard only, though some say these controls are frustrating. I have completed all the games with the keyboard, and find them satisfying though

Arrow

Hmm... replaying SR2 on PC, and I notice my hands and wrists straining (my left side, particularly) as I use the controls - more specifically during combat.

Add this to the fact that I play at 1AM. Wide awake.

I hadn't played in a while, but the combat on PC is a bit harder to execute than on PS2 - might be the use of analogue sticks, or my wrists aren't up to par like they used to be.

Hmph.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by DJpick
    It's funny. Even though all my posts were deleted due to events..... ummmm.... beyond my control, it still notified me that a reply had been posted on this thread
    Your subscription to the thread was not affected.

My vote is cast.

I voted for Dual-Analogue sticks, but I don't use the rumble/vibration, and it's not a PS2 style controller. The rumble/vibration feature reminds me of other (unmentionable) things in the dark that scare me. LoL

(It's an InterAct Hammerhead FX #SV-262)

I prefer the keyboard -mouse combination for most games

hi,I use a ps2 game pad with ps2 to PC adapter>>>works great.
    also have InterAct Hammerhead FX #SV-262 & a SV-262e & they also work great just that i'am upset they don't have the R3 & L3 button feature that the PSX pads do thats why i use the ps2 pad for these games.
    I also have a MS dual strike for FPS games but this is the most difficult game pad ever made for FPS's,I guess thats why it didn't sell well.
    I have a essential reality P5 glove & WISH that game developers would make this glove fully configurable for games.Even tho i got it recently for a good price i wish Eidos would continue to make games that use it.It's really cool.
    I also have a saitek cyborg 3d gold flight stick & a CH pro throttle.This combo is great for anything flight sim & Can be used for FPS games.
    Also have the mario andretti racing wheel which is WELL built & can take a good beating.I've moddified it a bit & use it inconjunction with a REAL corvette seat from a scrap yard.
    I use the logitech MX 500 & razer boomslang 2000 mice.These 2 mice are the best for PC gaming IMHO & recommend either 1.

Why am i saying all this? cause i feel i have enuff experience with different hardware when it comes to PC & or console gaming & i say that there's NOTHING wrong playing defiance with any of these devices.The thing that makes me MAD is when developers DON'T ALLOW you to configure the controllers to YOUR liking & give some generic default setups to choice from.
    I WANT the next game for xbox & or PC to ALLOW you to configure your controllers just like the PS sr1 & sr2 did.
    IF there's ANYTHING MORE annoying that annoys me MOST it's NOT being able to configure my devices MY WAY.
    Otherwise the ingame control on PC & console is THE SAME.

THX for reading & LISTENING to this if you're in charge of making the controls for CD/Eidos games
    Otherwise keep up the great work

Thumbs Up Gamers...

Although I haven't played Legacy of Kain - Defiance yet, I voted on Keyboard + Mouse. However, my gameplay experience on Blood Omen 2 on my Xbox was excellent and still is. Therefore if Microsoft would produce a Xbox type controller "the very first official controller" for the PC, it would be nice.

I played Soul Reaver 1 and 2 on my PC using my Keyboard and Mouse. I find no problem with Keyboard or Mouse at all for all of the games I currently have and owned or got rid of. I've played Blood Omen 2 on my Xbox and loved the controls. The Xbox controller is sweet. I think Microsoft should make the same controller for the PC as well. I do not like the PlayStation type controllers. It hurts my fingers when using the analog sticks, gives me a hand strain. But then again it's just the fact of getting used to it.

I believe it is very natural for Console Gamers to find Keyboard + Mouse difficult to play games with. Just like I find the PlayStation 1 & 2 Controllers un-comfortable myself. Oh well! Final word from me is -----It is a matter of getting used to it-----.

I was using an Interact Propad 6, but switched to a Saitek P880 Dual Analog. Gameplay feels 100 times better with the P880!!

Later!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12