Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Final Fantasy VII: The Remake Thread (Pre-2015)

Final Fantasy VII: The Remake Thread (Pre-2015)

Final Fantasy VII: The Remake Thread (Pre-2015)

If fans can do this well www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e18Ay2kJE4 why can't a remake be done. SE Japan needs to get off its ass. All those loses last year would be nothing compared to what the dollars that roll in off of a remake.

...and it would make fans "filthy" happy ;-)

Ugh. There's so much better stuff SE can spend it's time on. Like 4 Heroes of Light, the remakes for the -good- FF games in the series, etc. The FF7 fanboys got enough of SE's time and hard work with the 8023874 other spinoffs.

I mean don't get me wrong, the game wasn't bad, but I would rather a whole new FF then a remade 7. The only thing the game had going for it was the materia system. Other then that, it was on constant easy mode and the characters were just too wishy-washy and stereotypical for my tastes. A protagonist like Cloud has no room being a protagonist lol. I wanted to punch him everytime he said something after halfway through disc 1. I would take jar jar binks over him as the lead.

It'll happen. You just need to be patient.

If I remember correctly, in Japan one of their twitter holders asked if there would be any interest in a remake of FF7. There were so many responses, they had to sent out multiple tweets asking people to refrain from commenting on it since they couldn't handle the amount.

I don't understand the demanding of a VII remake. It's not like VII is not assessable to anyone without a PS1. If you want to play it than play it. SE is already filthy rich from all the extra games/merchandise for VII. Besides, a VII remake would be a totally different gameplay wise. They should spend their time and money trying to make brand new classics.

I'd rather have a sequel to be honest. I can play the original if I really want to experience it again, but for sequel there is still some unresolved stuff left from the secret ending of DoC.

I feel like a lot of people clamoring for a remake don't think about what exactly would be involved with the production of it, honestly. It wouldn't be the FFVII we remember - not remotely. Think about how RPG gaming has evolved since the mid-90s when VII was released. In the earlier games, it was fine to have a plot driven by on-screen dialogue, minimalistic (compared to today) maps, and cutscenes that did more to establish the setting or certain events than to advance the main story. From FFX on, though, that's no longer the case. The entire environment is rendered, meaning that the maps would all have to be recreated from scratch. All dialogue is spoken, meaning a complete rework of the script from the base level to make for more natural speech, and conveying of emotion/reaction through expression and movement more than lines on a screen. Essentially, a remake for today's graphics would be able to keep the base points of the story, but present it in an entirely different way, and I don't think a lot of the fans of FFVII would be satisfied with that, because it would be so drastically different. I mean, sure, I'd like to see it, eventually, if it didn't take away from the teams working on other games (which wouldn't work, because it's those people that would HAVE to be involved to make it of the quality I'd like to see)...but I'd rather see new games, whether in the Compilation or not.

Originally Posted by PAT2K9

...and it would make fans "filthy" happy ;-)

^ This lol. I would definitely be one happy camper in the FFVII fanbase camp, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by PAT2K9

I feel like a lot of people clamoring for a remake don't think about what exactly would be involved with the production of it, honestly.

Oh, I'm quite aware of what's involved. Hence why I'm being extremely patient about it. They know we want it. We know they want to do it (time/resources permitting). It's just a matter of time before it happens, in my opinion. I've been of the belief that it's a secret project that quite possibly is on the back burner until they can manage it. But we'll see. Maybe for a 20th anniversary, haha. They did say that the Compilation was not complete yet. AC, BC, CC, DC...time for EC. Easter and Christmas Special?

I kinda believe they should do some remakes, like VI, VII, VIII, IX, cause they are already doing one for FFX. But I just like being able to see what they can do with their worlds with more technology.

They would, but they Are too busy reamaking FFIV all the time.

All jokes aside, I would take a new game over a ramake anyday.

The only thing I saw being remade was FFIII for the DS.

Originally Posted by Pocamantis

SE is already filthy rich from all the extra games/merchandise for VII. Besides, a VII remake would be a totally different gameplay wise.

Haha, it's true. the FF7 universe is one of the most developed ones, with more spinoffs and movies than any of the other ones. but it's because it's popular that we have all those things, and because it's popular we'll probs eventually get a remake. but I don't think a remake having totally different gameplay would be bad. if the remake was just identical to the original, but for a new console/handheld, that would be pointless.

I see it happening someday, but I also see a lot of people raging all over the internet complaining that it's not as good as the original. Eh. I'd still like to see it happen, though.

unfortunately it probably won't happen for another few years. but hey hopes not gone yet. so it should be well worth the wait

Dear Square Enix

I think many fans requested to you to make a remastered version of Final Fantasy VII.
    Pease make a new version of this game, because this art changed the world of gaming.
    Trust me, that game was a mile stone in history of gaming!
    I know this is my first post on this forum, maybe I am not best in english but really, as this thread says, if You make a remake of this game, it will kicks everybody's backs!
    It could be fun, but you have got nothing to do: Just update a graphic and record a speeches for characters. It could be a f'n bestseller!
    Then please again: watch out on FB, Twitter and everywhere else to see, it is true!
    You Have got the best story in your hand, just what you need to do it once again!
    Personally I have passed this game three times. Maybe it's not the record, but I know this production have one thing: ATMOSHPERE!

I have played the other games of yours and they were not that climatic as FF VII. What can i say... I is a Quintessence of anime war between good and evil!
    Maybe you will not listen a single fan, but you will see, how many of us can reborn!
    Your sincerely
    Fan from Poland
    Wiktor Szyma?ski

Final Fantasy VII was - IS - the greatest game ever created, in gaming history OR the history of Square Enix. The revamp has been put on hold due to the developers wanting to focus on new FF games, like FFXV. Personally, and I find little objection to this, Final Fantasy as a series has been tanking since FFX-2. Gamers continue to buy new Final Fantasy games in the hopes that they will get better. I will admit, 12 was alright. But 13 was nothing more than 7 remade with a female Cloud, and no one enjoyed that. Seriously, the most enjoyable part of that game was the baby chocobo.

Final Fantasy VII is the highest selling game EVER, and continues to be even after they've been out of production. A remake would have Square Enix raking in the dough. There are so many wonderful things about Square Enix, and I hate to see these half assed attempts at making games. For me, the Final Fantasy franchise ended with FFX. There is nothing beyond that, and nothing past will register on my radar.

I would pay an arm and a leg for a Final Fantasy VII revamp. Square Enix seems to think that the focus on new Final Fantasy games will make them surpass the games of the past, but sadly this is impossible.

7 was a good game and I was honestly surprised at how fun it really was when I first played it about two years ago, but with all respect, a full blown remake isn't really the right thing for it either. It is standing proof of how innovative and creative Square was when it was developed and should be cherished as the classic it is. Having a remake wouldn't be bad but the way Square Enix is fairing in their currentstate, it wouldn't be right drop effort to focus only on past achievements. Instead of trying to cash in on easy titles like Theatrhythm or the XIII series (which is overstepping its bounds), Square can dream bigger by risking bigger.

It would be less difficult for them to make a remake of 7 (probably), but then they'd be digging their own grave on the meaning of innovation. If they can only thrive on the success of thier most popular work, then Final Fantasy would be truely dead. Creativity was what drew in many fans from the beginning. Having the opportunity to explore as the Warriors of Light, fighting an Emperor as a rebel force, fighting against the Cloud of Darkness of the world, unveiling the secrets of the Lunarians, facing the Void with your valient companions (and Boko), saving a ruined world from madness, discovering the power to save the Planet within one's own hand, discovering and embracing the true Lion's Heart, reliving the classics in the world of Gaia, overcoming humanity's ultimate Sin, fighting for the freedom of Ivalice, and fighting against Fate. The chance to discover stories new and unfamiliar. That is what makes final Fantasy. Going back to revisit what they have done is not wrong, and I'd welcome a remake it they ever do, but Square needs to reorganize how they envision the series as a whole rather than focusing JUST 7.

If it was a true to form remake I would trade my entire gaming collection in for it!

Originally Posted by Kira
    Final Fantasy VII was - IS - the greatest game ever created, in gaming history OR the history of Square Enix.

Nah.

Gamers continue to buy new Final Fantasy games in the hopes that they will get better.

Well, yeah. That's how it is for a lot of people. Doesn't matter the franchise or series.

13 was nothing more than 7 remade with a female Cloud, and no one enjoyed that.

I don't even. By that logic, V is a remake of III, which is a remake of I, IV is a remake of II, XII is a remake of Tactics, etc. Evidently the soldier/train opening cinematic was homage, but really?

Final Fantasy VII is the highest selling game EVER, and continues to be even after they've been out of production.

Erh. Highly, highly doubt. Sources?

A remake would have Square Enix raking in the dough.

See, remakes never do as well as an original, regardless of whether or not the remake is better. A remake would likely not sell well enough for Square to even break even. It's expensive. At least with direct sequels, like X-2 and XIII-2, much of the game was based on the first installment's engine. VII would have to come from scratch.

I would pay an arm and a leg for a Final Fantasy VII revamp. Square Enix seems to think that the focus on new Final Fantasy games will make them surpass the games of the past, but sadly this is impossible.

I'm not sure Square's concerned with whether or not they "surpass VII"; VII's one of my least favorites in the series, but even I can recognize just how culturally impacting and powerful it was on mainstream gaming, especially for the RPG genre. Of course they're not going to top that. You seem to be setting yourself up for disappointment here.

That's sure conducive for discussion.

"Shut up" is not a very nice thing to say.

Only time can tell.

A high budget console remake wouldn't be cost effective. They should just remake it for a portable system like most of their other remakes. I can see it happening on the Vita.

FFVII wasn't even the best selling game on the PSX. It sold 10 million. Gran Turismo sold 10.85 million.

C'mon guys, be nice. Alot of the Final Fantasies have things we all like about it, I myself have bought every FF that has came out (Besides the Crystal Cronicals/Chocobo Fables games) and I always keep an open mind. When I play the game I take into consideration, the characters, the storyline, the gameplay, the weapon and outfit models, the environments, the beastary, boss fights and longivity of the game.

Like for example, VII was pretty nice cause they implemented so much stuff you can do like find hidden materia and unlock Limit Breaks and they had a good story to go with it with a likeable crew.

VIII seemed more about romance to me and had alot of excitement and I was drawn in about a school training their students to do missions around the world. The characters had alot more personality in this game. I also really liked the Guardian Force system in this game.

IX was very different and went back to old school characters, the black mages and some new races we haven't seen. The party was very different and got some real weirdos but it went with the story and I really like how they implemented that you can learn your skill permanently from your equipment and your weapons. They had alot of puzzles in this game and still had alot to do like in VII & VIII.

X was breathtaking with the battle system the sphere grid was very nice, and able to switch out your party on the go, the story was very sad and had alot of exciting things go on while on your travels. The summon system in FFX I have to say is the best but that's cause I love summons. The game was kinda shorter than the other FF since they didn't have too many secrets or extras you can do, but they did imput a Al Bhed alphabet and I'm sure that took alot of work.

XII was indeed very VERY different from the other FF, it made me think of a solo MMO but that didn't stop me from spending over 700+ hours on this game, it was very fun, it was likable and they had alot of fun things you can do. The only problem I had with this game is that the License Board was completely the same as everybody elses. I know you can have any character you want as any job you want them to be but the only thing that defined your character to me was the Quickenings they had. But that doesn't mean I hated the game it was just different, but I loved how huge the world they allowed you to explore and also the secret Espers and the Monster Hunting and etc was very fun. I also liked the different skins on the weapons, that was a definate plus for me.

As for XIII, I loved the storyline, but I didn't care for the battle cause I felt like I was having my hand held the entire time, cause the best way to play is to have the game choose your move list and then you cast Libra in battle to learn everything about the monster, either that or fight a whole bunch of them to learn about it. And then your skills will choose abilities the enemies your fighting are weak against. I also felt like the game was too short for a Final Fantasy game. I like XIII but it just seemed like an interactive movie.

Just my opinion, nobody has to agree or disagree.

I'm not even going to read any of the first post, but merely say this.

If you think VII was anything beyond mediocre, you obviously started suckling on the teet of the RPG world with this title.

I can probably name at least 50 rpgs better then VII lol. Cloud was the worst protagonist an RPG could ask for, such a whiny little child who has no sense of self.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last