Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: Final Fantasy XV on PC?

Final Fantasy XV on PC?

Final Fantasy XV on PC?

I watched the E3 (2013) trailer for XV and while I was impressed by how pretty and engaging it looked, I was once again disappointed that the game was a Playstation exclusive (as I was when I first heard about it as Versus).

Well, after doing a small amount of research I discovered that it wasn't a Playstation exclusive, but also on Xbox 1--but that doesn't help, since I'm not getting one.

After more research, I discovered that Nomura actually said that the game was being developed with Direct X 11--developed on PC architecture. As a PC gamer primarily, I find it exceedingly frustrating that a game developed on PC hardware won't be coming to it.

It wouldn't even need to be a port, seeing as how Nomura stated that it was developed on PC architecture. Is there any real reason it's not coming out for PC?

This statement piques my interest very strongly. I need this.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

just get a PS4. its only 399... don't procrastinate on ur savings. I'm a PC gamer primarily and i know that it would feel wrong to play this on anything other than a PS4.

with both this game and KH3 being developed with DX11 .I'm pretty sure that they will come to PC . but i think it will be after the console version release .we only need to show some support until then

Originally Posted by achraf

with both this game and KH3 being developed with DX11 .I'm pretty sure that they will come to PC . but i think it will be after the console version release .we only need to show some support until then

yeah i think so too and i hope SE do it, i don't care if it comes some time after the consoles, i would buy it and have fun the same way

PC gamers show your suport!!!

That would be awesome. I don't feel like buying a new console with those price tags.

I noticed recently that most of japanese developers are starting to port their games to PC

even Metal gear V also annonced for PC .. i think now we only need a PC port of FF XIII or XV and im done with the next gen

i would love this game comes to pc too, SE please!!!

@Chrono Cross

You know that to run Final Fantasy XV on PC would require a high end graphics card which costs around $400 these days right? That's about the same price as a PS4. It being only on PS4 and Xbox One would also greatly limit the ability to pirate the game too. So... Yeah....

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    @Chrono Cross You know that to run Final Fantasy XV on PC would require a high end graphics card which costs around $400 these days right? That's about the same price as a PS4. It being only on PS4 and Xbox One would also greatly limit the ability to pirate the game too. So... Yeah....

"You know that to run Final Fantasy XV on PC would require a high end graphics card which costs around $400 these days right?"

This is not true... even a GTX 660 could run easily ff15 graphics but agnis philosphy graphics (Luminous Engine) requries a gtx 680/gtx690... about pirates yes more pirates have on pc than console.

Originally Posted by gyigyo

@Chrono Cross You know that to run Final Fantasy XV on PC would require a high end graphics card which costs around $400 these days right? That's about the same price as a PS4. It being only on PS4 and Xbox One would also greatly limit the ability to pirate the game too. So... Yeah....

"You know that to run Final Fantasy XV on PC would require a high end graphics card which costs around $400 these days right?"

This is not true... even a GTX 660 could run easily ff15 graphics but agnis philosphy graphics (Luminous Engine) requries a gtx 680/gtx690... about pirates yes more pirates have on pc than console.

the game isn't going to come out any time soon so until the release date i think that a 100$ graphic card will handle it and about the piracy i don't think it can stop the developers from releasing their games to PC

I don't think it will reduce the piracy, release it for pc these days is much advantage, many pc users are with a high end GPU, like GTX Titan, pc games these day are selling pretty well.

I hope to see a release of FFXV on steam and if possible with subtitles on PTBR, just like Tomb Raider. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

You're forgetting the fact that computer components are sold at many places, which occasionally offer them for very, very discounted prices. Black Friday, for instance. I know I'm planning on getting an expensive graphics card on Black Friday for a good price.

In regards to the pirates--it doesn't cost SE hardly anything, since they're developing the game on PC architecture.

Essentially, there's already a "PC version." The only question is whether they want to release it or not.

I really, REALLY hope they do, because it means this gamer will be buying it.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

You do know that SE will probably add a feature where you can lower the graphics right?

Yeah if they are developing the game on PC this means there is already a PC version in fact it CAN even be released before the console versions lol.

Actually, I think porting ffxv to pc is good for se. Here are the reasons.

1. The power of pc gamers. Most of people has a pc or pcs.

2. It is convinient to port ffxv to pc because it is based on Directx 11.

3. It is the first time that se port its final fantasy game that has a decent graphic to pc. Everyone likes ff series. Everyone is interested in ff series. I believe almost all of pc gamers will buy it.

4. The next-generation console sales are still unknown and xbox one is a flop so far. So the ffxv sales are worrying. Porting it to pc is a good choice.

Personally, I really want it and I am willing to pay it for double price or triple price!!

A PC version is possible, but given Japan is FF's biggest market they will likely focus most of their effort on the PS4 version first.

I believe XV should be using the Lumi engine too seeing its the engine they use for the next gen which XV should be at. I mean the gpx alone looks different from the earlier trailers so im GUESSING theyre using the new engine on this one

Originally Posted by redthefirst

I believe XV should be using the Lumi engine too seeing its the engine they use for the next gen which XV should be at. I mean the gpx alone looks different from the earlier trailers so im GUESSING theyre using the new engine on this one

yeah actually the game is using the new engine and it was announced last year in e3 i guess

Originally Posted by imported_Richard

just get a PS4. its only 399... don't procrastinate on ur savings. I'm a PC gamer primarily and i know that it would feel wrong to play this on anything other than a PS4.

I've felt this way in previous generations, where their titles were essentially exclusives, but given that cross-platform seems to be their thing now, emphasized by the fact that both FFXV and KH3 are Xbox One and PS4 titles. I really think it would be great for them to come out with PC releases for both. If they did I'd feel much less pressure to get a console, and be able to focus on my gaming platform of choice, PC. I've always felt odd having the deciding factor in getting a console or not be a 3rd party developer lol.

heres Tetsuya Nomura's opinion about a PC port

"So a PC port is possible? "This isn't something we've really discussed, but it depends on the demand. Currently it'd require a pretty expensive PC, but if we get a lot of people in the future who want to play it with full specs, I think we can discuss supporting that."

what do you guys think about that ??

Originally Posted by achraf

heres Tetsuya Nomura's opinion about a PC port

"So a PC port is possible? "This isn't something we've really discussed, but it depends on the demand. Currently it'd require a pretty expensive PC, but if we get a lot of people in the future who want to play it with full specs, I think we can discuss supporting that."

what do you guys think about that ??

Such a open minded fella. Love it. I would definitely buy it if it was on PC.

I love the idea of Final Fantasy XV coming to PC. The fact is I primarily game on the PC. While I own a PS3, I only bought it so I can play Final Fantasy. I realized that I may not be able to buy the PS4 until it goes though a few price cuts. Very dissapointing considering I was hoping to pre-order Final Fantasy XV. Limited income requires priorities. I love Final Fantasy but I am a PC gamer.

So I say this to the Development Team.....PLEASE BRING FINAL FANTASY XV TO THE PC. You brought Final Fantasy XIV to the PC and the new consoles are practically PCs anyway....shouldnt be too much effort. Besides, many multiplatform games now are also on PC. Look at CD Projekt and their Witcher series. They push the boundaries of PC graphical fidelity. It still takes a GTX 680 to max out Witcher 2 settings.

Here is to hoping!!!

please .. just do it

first .. hi all .. second i was on GAMESPOT site and i find this news :
    www.gamespot.com/news/square-enix-pc-ver...
    so i came here to say this .. stop thinking and just do it .. and iam sure you will not regret it .. and yes most of PC gamers can run this game because PS4 and XBOX one only have modified AMD 7850 video card which is very popular in PC gamers community .. and for the CPU part .. PS4 and XBOX one only have an tablet CPU .. SO please if this is the only reason between this EPIC game and PCs .. please just bring it for PC and do not worry about us in ( can we running it part ) thanks alot and keep the great work up .. NOTE : PC gamers is so many comparing to the PS and XBOX gamers .. just saying [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

first .. hi all .. second i was on GAMESPOT site and i found this news there :
    www.gamespot.com/news/square-enix-pc-ver...
    so i came here to say this .. stop thinking and just do it .. and iam sure you will not regret it .. and yes most of PC gamers can run this game because PS4 and XBOX one only have modified AMD 7850 video card which is very popular in PC gamers community .. and for the CPU part .. PS4 and XBOX one only have an tablet CPU .. SO please if this is the only reason between this EPIC game and PCs .. please just bring it for PC and do not worry about us in ( can we running it part ) thanks alot and keep the great work up .. NOTE : PC gamers is so many comparing to the PS and XBOX gamers .. just saying [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

just wanted to chime in I would love to see FF XV on PC and would prefer it there. If Nomura and team could work on a PC version after they're done with the console one that would be wonderful. Also the crystal tool games were built on pc hence if Square wanted to port the 13 series... wouldn't mind that either.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last