Thread: Final Fantasy XV on PC?

Final Fantasy XV on PC?

here's a link to the PC petition

www.thepetitionsite.com/880/357/729/we-r...

Maybe so but not all PC gamers have state of the art PC's that can run everything, with the new generation of games coming out, this means many of them not spending all their paycheck on their computer's upkeep will have to upgrade. Try to find a computer that will run games like FFXV (Or any other XBOX ONE/Ps4 game) for less than 400$ (PS4 price). While it WOULD reach broader audiences with a PC version, i'm convinced most PC gamers will own the said next generation consoles anyways. That said, the SE fans have been crying,for years, the return of some games such as the upcoming Kingdom hearts 3 (which, needless to say, totally skipped the PS3/360 console generation) and final fantasy Versus XIII (Now known as Final Fantasy XV) and also if i might add, FFXIV:ARR (Yes the original flopped but the new one is looking good so far, high expectations there). It wouldn't hurt much for them to give out the PC version of FFXV but honestly, what more will you get in it? Better graphics? It already looks bloody gorgeous as it is, is this really necessary? Like mentionned above, i'm convinced most PC gamers will own the next generation consoles anyways. If it would get more content on PC, it would flat-out be unfair for those who bought new hardware just for this game. Point is, will the developpers really go as far as to make the game compatible for PC just for a little upgrade in graphics?I don't know if it is really hard to port on PC or time-consuming, money-eating process but I don't think it is necessary.

Conclusion: It isn't a bad idea indeed but they shouldn't bend over backwards just to please the PC community. They made their fanbases on consoles and it can very well survive like that.

You're completely negating the fact that unlike console games, in PC you can adjust your graphics quality to match your system. Yeah, not every system will be able to handle next gen games even on the minimal settings, but most will, especially those that play such games.

I just saw his statement, here: www.gamespot.com/news/square-enix-pc-ver...

I think we need to drum up support!
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

There's already a thread on it (mine), along with a petition:

www.thepetitionsite.com/880/357/729/we-r...

Good point, which makes it more work for the developper i guess, adding graphics options and such. Suppose it happens, it would be one of the first next generation console games on PC version. Do we really want them to take such risks? I mean they changed CEO recently because of what he said was ''Bad games sales''. Damn they won't even make remakes for FFVI and VII, two of the most asked remakes in the world (to my last research a year ago i think VII was the most asked in the world) because they say it's too much of a risk but i digress.

Yeah the graphics tone down is an interesting feature only the PC gamers can have access to but it goes back to the same point. Do we really want all the team to work on a increase/decrease possibility in graphics just to please the PC community who will most likely own the latest gaming consoles anyways?

Then again it is my opinion and i am enjoying this respectful debate.

As for you Eternal, i wrote this text before reading your site, i'll have a look at it and if i find something to add, i will.

Here is a Change.org petition. The Dark Souls petition was successful on this site.

Sign and Share please.

www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-hol...

Various sites have labelled Square as gauging interest in porting Final Fantasy 15 to PC, rather than sit on my heels I thought maybe there was something I could do about it!

If you believe in truth, freedom, equality and love, or just want to see Final Fantasy 15 launch on PC, please sign my petition!
    www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-en...

Thanks ^_^

SE release FFXV for pc, many pc gamers are with high end gpu and cpu, there is no doubt that FFXV will be very well received by the pc community.

I had a pretty similar idea xD
    www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-en...

There is no doubt that FFXV will be pretty well received by the pc community, high end GPU, like GTX Titan and high end CPU, like Ivy bridge are selling a lot, also with BIG number of user that uses steam, the PC version will be a sucess.

Originally Posted by Mayvin

Maybe so but not all PC gamers have state of the art PC's that can run everything, with the new generation of games coming out, this means many of them not spending all their paycheck on their computer's upkeep will have to upgrade. Try to find a computer that will run games like FFXV (Or any other XBOX ONE/Ps4 game) for less than 400$ (PS4 price). While it WOULD reach broader audiences with a PC version, i'm convinced most PC gamers will own the said next generation consoles anyways. That said, the SE fans have been crying,for years, the return of some games such as the upcoming Kingdom hearts 3 (which, needless to say, totally skipped the PS3/360 console generation) and final fantasy Versus XIII (Now known as Final Fantasy XV) and also if i might add, FFXIV:ARR (Yes the original flopped but the new one is looking good so far, high expectations there). It wouldn't hurt much for them to give out the PC version of FFXV but honestly, what more will you get in it? Better graphics? It already looks bloody gorgeous as it is, is this really necessary? Like mentionned above, i'm convinced most PC gamers will own the next generation consoles anyways. If it would get more content on PC, it would flat-out be unfair for those who bought new hardware just for this game. Point is, will the developpers really go as far as to make the game compatible for PC just for a little upgrade in graphics?I don't know if it is really hard to port on PC or time-consuming, money-eating process but I don't think it is necessary.

Conclusion: It isn't a bad idea indeed but they shouldn't bend over backwards just to please the PC community. They made their fanbases on consoles and it can very well survive like that.

Ok .. you maybe right .. but .. its a role playing game for god sake .. just like The Witcher series or Mass Effect series .. so when i hear about a new role playing game only the PC come to my mind in first moment because PC is the perfect ( and the real ) home of role playing games .. with mouse and keyboard this game will be a pure epicness .. so please just do it SE

just do it guys please .. and please keep in mind that PC gamers are far more than the PS and XBOX gamers combined

just do it guys please .. and please keep in mind that PC gamers are far more than the PS and XBOX gamers combined

Another change.org petition about an irrelevant issue.

I know, I know, not irrelevant to us; got it. But "hardcore" gamers are a minority, however vocal. And, among them, those of us passionate about FF or even RPGs in general are an even smaller minority. Use your change.org account powers for good, not useless! I implore you.

How is it useless? Square said plainly that a PC version depends on fan response. This isn't the same thing as fans merely wanting something: Square asked what we want. The petitions show that.

It's useless when compared to the whole point of change.org. Petitions there are about human rights, the elevation of the status of women across the world, social change. That is also the main community who uses it, and it is that community which elevates petitions to 25,000 or more signatures. It's the wrong audience for this petition.

But, whatever. It's got right now, what, 40 supporters? I wonder how many hundred thousands of units sold SE needs before a game is profitable. This petition (like all petitions about video games, as a quick search shows) was dead the second it hit the site.

If you want to petition SE about a game, maybe you should do it in the forums they created for their fanbase to discuss games. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by sleepyeyes

It's useless when compared to the whole point of change.org. Petitions there are about human rights, the elevation of the status of women across the world, social change. That is also the main community who uses it, and it is that community which elevates petitions to 25,000 or more signatures. It's the wrong audience for this petition.

But, whatever. It's got right now, what, 40 supporters? I wonder how many hundred thousands of units sold SE needs before a game is profitable. This petition (like all petitions about video games, as a quick search shows) was dead the second it hit the site.

If you want to petition SE about a game, maybe you should do it in the forums they created for their fanbase to discuss games. Just a thought.

You make a fair point about the audience.

There's actually another petition up for this, on this: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/880/3...ght-to-the-pc/

That one has just over five hundred so far, so it may be the better choice of petition websites.

Further, SE really won't need all that much money for it to be profitable, since the game is being developed on a PC, on PC architecture. They already have a PC version, essentially. The only question is whether they want to release it or not.

And, if you take a look at the forum this thread is on, you'll actually see several threads here, on their forums, where people ARE in fact petitioning SE to make the game a PC game. But if you look at the petitions, they encompass more people than have posted or even viewed some of these threads. Telling me, maybe it's a good idea to have a petition that people can sign up for quickly rather than ask them to come here and create an account just for one thread for one game. Just a thought.

If the demand's strong enough it'll be made pal, keep hoping!

Pls no i don't want this on my pc.

And i don't want it on mine, i'll just not buy it on PC if it happens. If the demand's strong enough and it's not as hard as they say, why not?

Please bring this game to the PC, we need it, not only to launch the PS and Xbox. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mayvin

Good point, which makes it more work for the developper i guess, adding graphics options and such. Suppose it happens, it would be one of the first next generation console games on PC version. Do we really want them to take such risks? I mean they changed CEO recently because of what he said was ''Bad games sales''. Damn they won't even make remakes for FFVI and VII, two of the most asked remakes in the world (to my last research a year ago i think VII was the most asked in the world) because they say it's too much of a risk but i digress.

Yeah the graphics tone down is an interesting feature only the PC gamers can have access to but it goes back to the same point. Do we really want all the team to work on a increase/decrease possibility in graphics just to please the PC community who will most likely own the latest gaming consoles anyways?

Then again it is my opinion and i am enjoying this respectful debate.

As for you Eternal, i wrote this text before reading your site, i'll have a look at it and if i find something to add, i will.

I didn't mean to come off territorial, just stating it. More threads about this=more exposure on these forums, so keep up the good work.

But as for your argument, you're fogetting one key thing: Square has stated that they are developing FF XV with Direct X 11, on PC architecture (Direct X 11 is, and was when they started making the game, a PC tool).

They ALREADY have a PC version. The console versions are actually the ports. The only question for them is if it's worth the foray into computer gaming.

I personally think it is and really, really hope they will do this. Seeing as how Tetsuya also said it depended on fan response, I'm doing my best to drum up support wherever I can.

Bring the game to PC, no matter the price!! Make a fan happy!

Bring the game to PC, no matter the price!! Make a fan happy!²

I'm a big fan of the serie and would like a lot if the Final Fantasy XV game would be available for PC too, because is the only platform that I can play the games.

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last