Thread: Remake/port?

Remake/port?

Originally Posted by Chrono Cross

I'm waiting for the localization of DQ7 3DS. Hope they announce it this year. (maybe at E3?)

The only version of DQ7 I'll buy is the PS1 version and only if it's released as a PS1 classic so i can play it on vita

If the 3DS remake didn't abandon random battles I'd get it without a second thought

To each their own, I guess. I don't see a problem with the lack of random battles.

To each their own, I guess. I don't see a problem with the lack of random battles.

I've been playing rpgs with random battles for so long, it's pretty much a selling point for me, if a jrpg doesn't have random battles then I would probaly lose interest in it quickly, Dragon Quest IX for example, it has a great story but being able to see monsters spawn on the world map, i try to avoid those monsters if possible

Originally Posted by imported_Derek

I've been playing rpgs with random battles for so long, it's pretty much a selling point for me, if a jrpg doesn't have random battles then I would probaly lose interest in it quickly, Dragon Quest IX for example, it has a great story but being able to see monsters spawn on the world map, i try to avoid those monsters if possible

I tried to post something earlier, but it got lost. This probably deserves a thread all it's own, but here goes:

In my (lost) post, I had this awesome idea for a Square Enix game. I suppose it's not much different than Kingdom Hearts, but bear with me.

Essentially, the idea was for a Square -Enix to create a game that put the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games in the same universe. THe plot could be something as basic as this: a rupture in the fabric of time/space creates a wormhole where the universe of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest 'open up' to eachother. Characters and ideas from one universe travels to the other, and vice versa. The characters from both universes have to 'team up' to save both worlds, before it is too late.

I think this idea could actually be brilliant, if executed well.

Would it be an RPG? A fighting game? An action /adventure?

Who know?!

Square-Enix-- why don't you hire me!!! ;-)

Originally Posted by imported_Conor

I tried to post something earlier, but it got lost. This probably deserves a thread all it's own, but here goes:

In my (lost) post, I had this awesome idea for a Square Enix game. I suppose it's not much different than Kingdom Hearts, but bear with me.

Essentially, the idea was for a Square -Enix to create a game that put the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games in the same universe. THe plot could be something as basic as this: a rupture in the fabric of time/space creates a wormhole where the universe of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest 'open up' to eachother. Characters and ideas from one universe travels to the other, and vice versa. The characters from both universes have to 'team up' to save both worlds, before it is too late.

I think this idea could actually be brilliant, if executed well.

Would it be an RPG? A fighting game? An action /adventure?

Who know?!

I used to look forward to working with Square Enix back when they were Squaresoft but not anymore, I have no desire to work for a company that lost their passion for making games....

Atlus is much more worthy of having me work for them

Originally Posted by imported_Conor

Because of this: www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-03...

I know what you mean they skipped over Dragon Quest X and the 25th anniversary collection both were on the Wii. I really wish Square would bring this here or at the very least let us know if they are not.

PLEASE bring this game to the US, Square! And if you can't, let Nintendo do it like with the other games!

It should sell well on the 3DS but I also wouldn't mind a PS1 Classic release on PSN and a PS2 release of Dragon Quest VIII.

Originally Posted by RgMount85
    @Tiael You can't expect everyone to accept changes like this to a series they grew up playing, Dragon Quest VIII and IX were completely new games not remakes so it was cool to see some fresh ideas But Dragon Quest VII is one of my favorites It's not hard to release the original on PSN as a PS1 classic It seems more like Square Enix is giving fans the finger each passing year by doing things like not releasing games that fans want the most like Nier Replicant (the one with the younger Nier), Saga 2 and Saga 3 for NDS or Dragon Quest Anniversary Collection (NES and SNES versions of the first three Dragon Quest games)

I think you still have some growing up to do. Accept that things change. And often it's for the better. You should be happy the game is being revisited at all. They could pretend it ran it's course and that's that.

Originally Posted by Laraul

Originally Posted by RgMount85
    @Tiael You can't expect everyone to accept changes like this to a series they grew up playing, Dragon Quest VIII and IX were completely new games not remakes so it was cool to see some fresh ideas But Dragon Quest VII is one of my favorites It's not hard to release the original on PSN as a PS1 classic It seems more like Square Enix is giving fans the finger each passing year by doing things like not releasing games that fans want the most like Nier Replicant (the one with the younger Nier), Saga 2 and Saga 3 for NDS or Dragon Quest Anniversary Collection (NES and SNES versions of the first three Dragon Quest games)

I think you still have some growing up to do. Accept that things change. And often it's for the better. You should be happy the game is being revisited at all. They could pretend it ran it's course and that's that.

If anything I'd say I'm stubborn towards changes in one of my favorite games

please remake dragon quest VIII for PC! i loved the ps2 version!

Yes, please bring this to remake to the US.

I refuse to buy any form of Dragon Quest VII except a PS1 Classic of the original release!

Don't forget to sign the petition there is a link below

Hey guys,
    since our efforts on Bravely Default Flying Fairy seemed to do so well I decided its time to speak out on another game! this forum, the petition for BDFF, twitter and also by asking Nintendo (which i did personally on many many club Nintendo surveys) we actually made a difference!

Dragon Quest 7 is a fantastic game that the west needs badly! We already missed out on the ps2 remake of DQ 5 and were forced to translate it ourselves (not me personally but the group that did it). Lets not let this fantastic addition to the 3DS library slip through our fingers, lets see if we can again make a difference. Remember to be polite as being rude will get us nowhere. Especially since we now know that square and Nintendo (who is helping square localize BDFF) will listen if we let them know what we are after!

Info on Dragon Quest 7:

kotaku.com/5981418/i-sure-hope-the-drago...

Petition:

www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-and...

Lets make a difference once again!

Wait...there was a PS2 version of Dragon Quest VII? I never heard that.

Regardless, DQVII is indeed great and I would love to play through it again on my 3DS with all of that version's differences. Day 1 purchase for me.

No, there isn't a PS2 remake of DQ7. It was DQ5 that was remade for PS2 in Japan.

X will be brought over on the wii-U since they love to milk MMO but otherwise i take it DQ will stay japan only

I refuse to buy any form of Dragon Quest VII except a PS1 Classic of the original release!

Because you are the only customer

My apologies for posting in the wrong forum I posted it here because the bravely default thread was posted here I didn't really think about it sorry

*Hopefully this post does not get deleted.

I would like to see DQIV, V, and VI be ported to the iOS. Might not be possible, but would be awesome! Post your comments.

Because I know what i like about the Dragon Quest Series, RANDOM BATTLES
    and the remake of Dragon Quest VII butchered them for the system Dragon Quest IX used

I enjoyed Dragon Quest IX because it was a COMPLETELY NEW game so it was ok to see changes but Dragon Quest VII, my favorite in the series gets a remake, not a reimaginning... a remake that is not 100% identical to the original
    Why do you people think they won't touch Final Fantasy VI or VII for remakes, It's because Square Enix would be recieving a LOT of hate if they weren't completely identical to the originals right down to the smallest detail

Just get them for DS, iOS games are insanely frustrating to play because they don't
    have a dpad or buttons to play the game with, that's why I won't touch the new Final Fantasy V release

I like them on DS. In fact, I have DQ6 in my 3DS right now. The real problem is that it would be easier to play "on the go" on something like an iPhone than a DS. Not to say the controls would be great, but it would make the game more mobile.

* Also, I actually got FFV for the iOS and besides the directional being a little too sensative, everything else controls fine. The problem is the programming, not the iOS itself. The problem is the pad needs to detect pressure better and judge the distant based on that press. All it dectects now is the direction on the pad and that's it.

Page 4 of 5 First First 12345 Last