Thread: Remake/port?

Remake/port?

Give PS3/PSP/Vita owners Dragon Warrior VII as a PS1 classic I want that more then this piece of garbage that throws out everything i enjoyed about the series Random Battles being discarded for being able to see monsters on screen The battles aren't 100% first person view Seeing characters run around on the screen attacking monsters isn't Dragon Quest... You people accepting this monstrosity are as bad as the people who actually like Diablo III
    and anyone who brings up Dragon Quest IX
    IT WAS A BRAND NEW GAME so It's ok to see some changes but not ok for a classic like Dragon Quest VII

^ random battles are great

From the impressions I get from the trailers, it makes me wonder if the whole soundtrack is orchestrated. It would be wonderful.

I noticed that Famitsu's review score for this version is less than the score of the original PS1 release.

Dragon Quest VII Records Your Progress And Reminds You Where To Go

www.siliconera.com/2013/02/07/dragon-que...

Hmmm, I don't have a 3DS but I'll go get one the minute this is announced for North America! The PS1 version was my favorite video game of all time.

I wish I would have bought a case of the original game back then. If the remake is released, I will buy a case to hang onto for several years while the value goes up.

Come on and announce this Square Enix!

How Dragon Quest VII Was Inspired By Myst And Why It’s Better On 3DS

www.siliconera.com/2013/02/10/how-dragon...

Just got the game on my japanese 3ds via eshop and all i can say after 20 hours of playing is that's an amazing remake. The music sounds absolutely fantastic. A full orchestra inside a handeld ! Never heard that before ! The game is still playable even if you don't read japanese but of course you 'll miss the biggest part of the game , the scenario. Can't wait for that game to be localized !!!

If there won't be any new Dragon Quest games for PS3 can Square Enix and Level 5 re-release this title as an HD remaster? This game should be re-released. I know a lot of fans would like to see this game make a comeback in the current gen consoles. Even newcomers would be interested. This game was successful back then and is considered a classic PS2 RPG. We have Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts with HD remasters coming soon this year. I hope they won't leave out Dragon Quest VIII :/

Maybe Nintendo paid Square Enix so that they don't release any DQ games on Sony's platforms.

I don't think that's the case. I think it's just a contract they have. But regardless they can still re-release Dragon Quest VIII since it was a Playstation exclusive. It's not a brand new title.

I rather just see it on PSN myself. DQ8's visuals wouldn't be much different in HD quality given the cell shaded colorful style it has, even on ps3. Very good game tho, more people should have to opportunity to play this game thru PSN.

I don't see why they can't release this game on disc format. There's games that barely change in quality and still are released on disc format. This can as well.

True, but not many on the ps2, other than the flagship FF and KH. It would be nice to be able to have a hard copy for those that wanted it. At the very least tho, PSN release would be nice.

There's plenty outside of Square for PS2 collections. There is God of War, Sly Cooper, Devil May Cry as well etc. And some eventually went on PSN afterwards. There shouldnt be any reason for DQVIII to be PSN-ONLY released.

Square-Enix: Please re-release Dragon Quest 1-3 on the Nintendo DS (or the Nintendo 3DS).

I have Dragon Warrior 1-2 for the Gameboy Color, Dragon Warrior 3 for Gameboy Color, Dragon Quest 4-6 for Nintendo DS, and Dragon Quest 9 for the DS.

I've been playing Dragon Quest / Dragon Warrior as far back as when you did that Nintendo Power promotion for Dragon Warrior. I owned and played the original Dragon Warrior games 1-4 on the NES.

In addition to doing a re-release/ upgrade of Dragon Quest 1-3 for the DS, seeing Dragon Quest 7 ported over to the Nintedo DS/3DS would be amazing. I used to have the game for the Playstation and I loved it- unforunately the game was lost somehow.

It would mean a lot if you were listen to these requests!

Thanks!

They actually just released a DQVII remake for 3DS in Japan not too long ago. Hoping it makes it stateside! I'd also like to see that DQI-III compilation that came out on Wii in Japan over here.

Originally Posted by gnremington

They actually just released a DQVII remake for 3DS in Japan not too long ago. Hoping it makes it stateside! I'd also like to see that DQI-III compilation that came out on Wii in Japan over here.

That would be very exciting!!! Definitely would like to see the DQVII remake for the 3DS in America, as well as the DQI-III compilation for the Wii (and DS/3DS) in America as well...

Here's hoping!

I'm waiting for the localization of DQ7 3DS. Hope they announce it this year. (maybe at E3?)

Originally Posted by imported_greg
    Just got the game on my japanese 3ds via eshop and all i can say after 20 hours of playing is that's an amazing remake. The music sounds absolutely fantastic. A full orchestra inside a handeld ! Never heard that before ! The game is still playable even if you don't read japanese but of course you 'll miss the biggest part of the game , the scenario. Can't wait for that game to be localized !!!
    I sure hope this gets localized to the US region Europe regions. Please take my money Square-Enix. I never even knew about the original when it came out.

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last