Thread: Is FFXIV: ARR your first MMO?

Is FFXIV: ARR your first MMO?

Is FFXIV: ARR your first MMO?

Anyone here first timer MMO FF players

First time MMO? No

First time MMO FF? Yes.

Never got the chance for FFXI. Heard great things but I was homeless at the time. lol.

What about you wolvie?

Played FFXI for around 5 years loved it ! I'm actually looking for ppl to play ARR with !

Awsome! What platform?

PC PS2 and PS3 lol

Wow. lol. What you going to play ARR on?

PS3 at first then PS4 my wife is actually playing any FF for the first time so she'll be on her laptop.

Very Cool! I'll be on PS3 an PS4 as well. I'm Fubar4585 on PSN. Add me if you'd like. More the merrier I always say. Just gotta coordinate server selection. lol

Yes i will thanks I'm @work now so ill add ya in the morning lol

okey dokey

Yeah I played other MMO's but not Final Fantasy, too young back then and didn't have money to play subscription based games. Now I got a job, I have money, and a gaming computer. So yeah, time to have fun. <3 It's also my first subscription based game too.

yes coordinating is key. already friends with fubar, and just added you wolvie. im kinda leaning to Behemoth myself. But open for suggestions lol.

ive played all sorts of mmo's as well as FFXI, but then didnt have the money to keep up subscription so had to let it go. Was a fun game. I enjoyed it. Had plans to go back, but then my character was deleted, and kinda lost interest. Didnt want to have to redo all that work.

Nice I hope you enjoy FF

I was thinking the same cerious lol

Saha feel free to add me as well if you want.

Originally Posted by wolvie1977
    Anyone here first timer MMO FF players

mmo game, been playing mmos for 10+ years started with star wars galaxies

1st timer for the ff experence.

Cool Chris I hope you have fun PSN ID wolvie1977

Damn, it doesn't seem like many people here will be playing ARR on PC like me.
    signature image

ill be playing on PS3 i played FFIV 1.0 i hope this blows it away because that was not very fun.

Originally Posted by Cerious

yes coordinating is key. already friends with fubar, and just added you wolvie. im kinda leaning to Behemoth myself. But open for suggestions lol.

ive played all sorts of mmo's as well as FFXI, but then didnt have the money to keep up subscription so had to let it go. Was a fun game. I enjoyed it. Had plans to go back, but then my character was deleted, and kinda lost interest. Didnt want to have to redo all that work.

THats the server I was thinking of too

Originally Posted by Atma

I rather have a PS3 that's not likely to break, have viruses, need super specs and crap to play it personally.

If I did have a nice PC I still rather play on PS3. C:

Originally Posted by Demyx.

I rather have a PS3 that's not likely to break, have viruses, need super specs and crap to play it personally.

Agreed

Hey all,

The only MMO I've ever played is FF11. I have more fond memories of FF11 than any video game I've ever played. Considering I was in university at the time, and have been gaming ever since the NES was released, I think that says a lot about FF11.

I think by the time all was said and done I had logged about 58days worth of playing time. Even still I had barely scratched the surface. Level 60BLM was the highest I took any job, but I fell in love with being a Taru PLD. Stopped playing right around the time ToAU Expansion was released.

I'll be playing on PS3 and eventually PS4. I guess you could call me an FF fanboy. I've played (and still own) every single N.A. released non-spinoff FF (ie. havent played FF3 Mystic Quest, FFX-2, and what not).

I definitely won't have the time to commit to FF14 like I did 11, which is why I'm stoked that it will be more casual player friendly.

That said, I can't wait to start exploring the world, and I love that I can potentially get to know you guys and gals in advance so that there will be some friends around when we finally get into game. I had some RL friends playing FF11, which was part of the hook, but I don't thinkt that's happening this time.

Anyways, my PSN name is Rancid420, feel free to send a friend invite, and I'll do the same.

Cheers, all!

P.S. I am not the same James who posted immediately before this post, lol.

Originally Posted by Demyx.

I'm inclined to disagree. Yes, the PS3 version will be a lot easier to run considering you won't need to have a up to par PC to play. However, I'm more interested in being able to navigate the UI faster because I can point and click. Even moreso because I can run a voice chat in the background as I play. My PC hits the benchmark on "Very High" so I'm good there.

I understand.

I would want to play PC if I wouldn't think of all the 100 problems would have. I like the UI better is PC than PS3.

Don't care for voice chat, since I'm shy. xD So it's whichever. I think both the game systems look nice. o: